Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Let's talk realistic: THE NEXT EXPANSION (subs loss, predictions, what fans like)

Hey everyone, we all know that Blizzard lost a lot of subscriptions, so let's talk what would bring back(or even new) players?

South Seas expansion seems really good, but to be honest... it wouldn't be as good as expansion about Burning Legion. Everyone know Burning Legion much more than naga/Azshara etc. We all consider Sargeras as a main Antagonist(N'zoth is cool, but no, not right now, not yet) in WoW, and dealing with his forces would make a huge impact on the lore and players would really like it.

Here's a quote from DEVS Q&A:
    When...Will...We..See..Sargeras??
    You are not prepared.

Any chance we will see Illidan return soon?
    Also not prepared.
    Here's the link for MMO-Champ thread about it:
    Click!

Does that mean we will see Illidan once more? (I'll talk about that later)

Anyone who did legendary quests in MoP know that Wrathion is showing us Azeroth being "bombed" by "Huge Infernals"/"Fel meteors"(?).
    Here's the link to YT:
    Click!

Burning Legion is coming to Azeroth once more?

Kill'jaeden isn't dead, it's obvious, I would see him as a main Boss in the next expansion. Many people know him from previous game/ex-pack and I'm pretty sure he's more recognizable than Death Wing/Garrosh, also he's Right Hand of Sargeras.

What more?
    Demon Hunter class, though many players hate that idea, I think some would came back to see how it is to play with this class.

And I can see Illidan in this expansion, players LOVE him and many would like to see him once more, but right now he'd be Demon Hunter class trainer(like Darion for Death Knights, but his role would be bigger, I'd even say like Tirion in Wotlk).

New classes:
    Everyone(well, most of them) seems to be talking about Ogres for Horde, and High Elves for Alliance.
    It really make sense, we have actually seen Ogres in the Horde army.
    Why High Elves? I'm not really sure, but they are ok for me, and they're part of the Alliance.

Also Alleria is High Elf, and I'm really looking forward to seeing her + Turalyon in Burning Legion ex-pack, they're experienced in fighting versus demons. Bringing them both back would be really good for lore, and at last we'll see them.

And I see new animation in the next expansion, not in a patch, they aren't going to get money for a patch(I mean not as much as for expansion).

What do you guys think?

I'm not talking about something I'd like to see(but most of these ideas are cool I think), but I'm talking about something that would make many players came back.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2013-07-27 at 11:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does everyone want this "South Seas" xpac? What so special about it? I thought that was where the Goblin starting area is.

I thought Pandaria was the South Seas expansion.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it'll definitely be a South Seas expansion with the demons heavily invading Azeroth again, so that once we defeat them in 6.0+ we can have a full-on Burning Legion expansion in Argus for 7.0.

Locations:
    *South Sea Isles
    *Kul'Tiras
    *Zandalar
    *The Undermine
    *Suramar/Najatar
    *Tomb of Sargeras
    *The Emerald Dream
    *The Maelstrom
    *Upside-down Karazhan

Features:
    *Updated character models
    *Revamped 60-70 Outland
    *Flying added in Azeroth's TBC zones (Eversong, Silvermoon, Exodar, Ghostlands, etc)
    *Illidan's return
    *Possible new class (tinker or demon hunter would probably be the forerunners if we get another)
    *Possible new races, although highly unlikely. (Ogre, high elf, furbolg, naga are highest possibilities)

Bosses:
    *Pirate organization
    *King Rastakhan (King of Trolls)
    *Azshara
    *Old God N'Zoth
    *Kil'jaeden

I think that would be a good expansion. We tie up some loose ends with big threats in Azeroth (final blow to troll empire, final blow to naga invasions, final blow to N'Zoth's corruption in the Emerald Dream/ocean/others, final blow to demons on Azeroth) then we prepare for a full-out assault on the Burning Legion's headquarters in the next expansion.
    Last edited by Grunhither; 2013-07-27 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    I thought Pandaria was the South Seas expansion.
    Yeah if anything were to happen in the south seas, pandaria would be part of it and atm it seems like pandaria is going to be resolved by the end of MoP. So there isnt any real debt of story left in a South Seas expansion unless some new lore is developed for it, which isnt impossible but unrealistic at this point IMO.

Its pretty clear that the next expo is going to involve demons and the burning legion, hell we might even see a revamp of Outland which would bring back SOOOO many players.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunhither View Post
    *Flying added in Azeroth's TBC zones (Eversong, Silvermoon, Exodar, Ghostlands, etc)
    *Illidan's return
    *Possible new class (tinker or demon hunter would probably be the forerunners if we get another)
    *Possible new races, although highly unlikely. (Ogre, high elf, furbolg, naga are highest possibilities)
    yeaa, no thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Personally I believe they are going to do the next expansion(s) one of three ways.

1. We are going to finish solving the last bit of Azeroth's main problems, IE the remainder of the emerald nightmare (If you think it was resolved by the novel, go quest in S barrens for a bit.), Azshara and her horde of Naga, N'zoth being a big baddy, south seas, pirates, ect. Once that is over the legion invades and omgwtfbbq screws up everything we worked towards, including a temporary peace between the Alliance and Horde, (Natherzhim's are a bitch!) and plunging the world into chaos.

2. We get the Legion next expansion, and we to fight off the full frontal attack force of the invaders, but the legion returning accelerates the remainder of azeroth's problems, thus making the expansion after the "legion expansion" Finish solving Azeroth's issue's, now with 100% more demons.

3.We get all that, BUT ALL AT ONCE. Yes, N'zoth, pirates, demons, Azshara, Emerald Dream, one expansion. This is what would bring back the most subs. Not only would we be looking about smacking probably the three biggest baddies left in lore (Azshara, N'zoth, Sargeras to some extent), but we will be going to the remaining few places Azeroth has left to offer. South seas, Emerald Dream, phased demonized zones after being pwned by the legion. The works.

As far as races, Naga is imo the best bet for newest Neutral race. I think they are going to continue the neutral race model, because it made it easy for them not to make the "These guys became Horde/Alliance because of (Insert arbitrary reason to join said militaristic organizations here)". I'd rather it be up to the player, and this opens up a bunch of different race options players have wanted for ages. Naga, Ogres, Centaur, Ethereal, Aarokoa, Tuskaar, Vrykul. The list goes on where they could take having neutral races play out.

As for classes? I've honestly heard some pretty great ideas over the years. I've heard of Dragon-warriors that were taken under the wing of the aspects to protect them, and were given small bits of power from the aspects allowing them to harness a bit of time (Chronomancer esque), life, dream and above all -magic-. Also taking on the form of a half dragon half humanoid gives me happies in the pants. There have also been talks of "Tinkerers" that seem to play a lot into the technological standpoint of this game, and feel like Engineers from GW2. Not saying I wouldn't like it, and it would give someone else to give hunters competition for ranged weapons. I've also thought about Bard, but I have a bias seeing as I love bard support classes, and after the Bard preview Blizzard did in one of their April's fool jokes I don't think they could do bard without making it either too boring or too ridiculous. Though I have seen Blizzard preform miracles.

Lastly for classes is the big monkey in the room, bloody Demon-hunters. While, it would be cool lorewise to have a bunch of blindfold wearing shirtless half demonized crazy people running about preforming chaotic good/neutral deeds, at the same time seeing 5635453 "Illlidan, Illidarii, Illiddan, ect" will kill this for me. Also, it would be cool to get more glaive-like swords in the game for mog, but again, after seeing everyone and their mothers brother having them it sorta ruins the special unless they are demon huntar exclusive.

Edit: I forgot about the rest of the Zandalari trolls! That would make for a fun raid. Perhaps bring us some good feels of ToT, ZA and ZG.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2013-07-27 at 11:10 AM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    I think we will see a combination between South Seas and Burning legion. (thus the burning legion staging their invasion there)

Although I think the very last wow expansion should be in Azeroth, so what could happen is that we first decide to attack the Legion headon but that doesn't work out, maybe we even see Sargeras but he defeats us. With us defeated he then attacks Azeroth (who is weakened) and we will try to defeat the legion on our home world.

Besides that, I don't think we will see new races and especially not high elves as that would basicly be blood elves with blue eyes (how many people will whine about rehashed models) and we will first get our current races updated. A possible class could be the supporter blizzard spoke about, I think Tinker would be a good choice for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Yeah if anything were to happen in the south seas, pandaria would be part of it and atm it seems like pandaria is going to be resolved by the end of MoP. So there isnt any real debt of story left in a South Seas expansion unless some new lore is developed for it, which isnt impossible but unrealistic at this point IMO.
    Zandalar Isle is in the South Seas, where the King of the Trolls live. All of the troll raids since vanilla WoW have been a prelude to fighting him. Azshara and her naga empire lurk at the bottom of the sea, possibly with the Old God N'Zoth. Azshara is one of the strongest threats still alive in Azeroth. Kul'Tiras, a human trading island, is where Jaina Proudmoore is from and is responsible for settling Theramore... which is now destroyed. The Undermine is the goblin trading capital. There's a ton left to do in the South Seas that's already in the lore.........

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it'll definitely be a South Seas expansion with the demons heavily invading Azeroth again, so that once we defeat them in 6.0+ we can have a full-on Burning Legion expansion in Argus for 7.0.

Locations:
    *South Sea Isles
    *Kul'Tiras
    *Zandalar
    *The Undermine
    *Suramar/Najatar
    *Tomb of Sargeras
    *The Emerald Dream
    *The Maelstrom
    *Upside-down Karazhan

Features:
    *Updated character models
    *Revamped 60-70 Outland
    *Illidan's return

Bosses:
    *Pirate organization
    *King Rastakhan (King of Trolls)
    *Azshara
    *Old God N'Zoth
    *Kil'jaeden

I think that would be a good expansion. We tie up some loose ends with big threats in Azeroth (final blow to troll empire, final blow to naga invasions, final blow to N'Zoth's corruption in the Emerald Dream/ocean/others, final blow to demons on Azeroth) then we prepare for a full-out assault on the Burning Legion's headquarters in the next expansion.
    Yah, sorry. The likelihood even 8% of that happening, is next to zero.

Zandalar Isle is in the South Seas, where the King of the Trolls live. All of the troll raids since vanilla WoW have been a prelude to fighting him. Azshara and her naga empire lurk at the bottom of the sea, possibly with the Old God N'Zoth. Azshara is one of the strongest threats still alive in Azeroth. Kul'Tiras, a human trading island, is where Jaina Proudmoore is from and is responsible for settling Theramore... which is now destroyed. The Undermine is the goblin trading capital. There's a ton left to do in the South Seas that's already in the lore.........
    If I remember, the Cataclysm destroyed their homeland. That's why they're all over the f**king place now.
    Last edited by Synros; 2013-07-27 at 11:22 AM.

Deleted
    rather not see everyone doing illidan in lfr... so i hope they remove lfr and just have flex in next xpac.

South Seas / Rift of Aln / Emerald Nightmare / Ny'alotha / Azshara / N'zoth

I will be surprised if this is not the next xpac

If it's not, I will be shocked if it's not the one after that
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    An Emerald dream expac with Azsharah is more likely I think.
    We will probably also fight an avatar of Sargeras.

I think the burning legion found a way to invade/reshape azeroth via the emerald dream. Causing nightmares and spreading fear and terror.

The intro cinematic should be varian and horde warchief (prolly thrall) having a nightmare about their armies getting slaughtered by demons and they tremble in fear. And at the end they both wake up and you can see the terror in their eyes- while you hear Sargeras saying something like 'Not even the Titans could stop me!' or something much darker

Would be a sick intro. (kinda liek WC3 imo)
    Last edited by mmoc058e0f1fe5; 2013-07-27 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Personally I believe they are going to do the next expansion(s) one of three ways.

1. We are going to finish solving the last bit of Azeroth's main problems, IE the remainder of the emerald nightmare (If you think it was resolved by the novel, go quest in S barrens for a bit.), Azshara and her horde of Naga, N'zoth being a big baddy, south seas, pirates, ect. Once that is over the legion invades and omgwtfbbq screws up everything we worked towards, including a temporary peace between the Alliance and Horde, (Natherzhim's are a bitch!) and plunging the world into chaos.

2. We get the Legion next expansion, and we to fight off the full frontal attack force of the invaders, but the legion returning accelerates the remainder of azeroth's problems, thus making the expansion after the "legion expansion" Finish solving Azeroth's issue's, now with 100% more demons.

3.We get all that, BUT ALL AT ONCE. Yes, N'zoth, pirates, demons, Azshara, Emerald Dream, one expansion. This is what would bring back the most subs. Not only would we be looking about smacking probably the three biggest baddies left in lore (Azshara, N'zoth, Sargeras to some extent), but we will be going to the remaining few places Azeroth has left to offer. South seas, Emerald Dream, phased demonized zones after being pwned by the legion. The works.

As far as races, Naga is imo the best bet for newest Neutral race. I think they are going to continue the neutral race model, because it made it easy for them not to make the "These guys became Horde/Alliance because of (Insert arbitrary reason to join said militaristic organizations here)". I'd rather it be up to the player, and this opens up a bunch of different race options players have wanted for ages. Naga, Ogres, Centaur, Ethereal, Aarokoa, Tuskaar, Vrykul. The list goes on where they could take having neutral races play out.

As for classes? I've honestly heard some pretty great ideas over the years. I've heard of Dragon-warriors that were taken under the wing of the aspects to protect them, and were given small bits of power from the aspects allowing them to harness a bit of time (Chronomancer esque), life, dream and above all -magic-. Also taking on the form of a half dragon half humanoid gives me happies in the pants. There have also been talks of "Tinkerers" that seem to play a lot into the technological standpoint of this game, and feel like Engineers from GW2. Not saying I wouldn't like it, and it would give someone else to give hunters competition for ranged weapons. I've also thought about Bard, but I have a bias seeing as I love bard support classes, and after the Bard preview Blizzard did in one of their April's fool jokes I don't think they could do bard without making it either too boring or too ridiculous. Though I have seen Blizzard preform miracles.

Lastly for classes is the big monkey in the room, bloody Demon-hunters. While, it would be cool lorewise to have a bunch of blindfold wearing shirtless half demonized crazy people running about preforming chaotic good/neutral deeds, at the same time seeing 5635453 "Illlidan, Illidarii, Illiddan, ect" will kill this for me. Also, it would be cool to get more glaive-like swords in the game for mog, but again, after seeing everyone and their mothers brother having them it sorta ruins the special unless they are demon huntar exclusive.

Edit: I forgot about the rest of the Zandalari trolls! That would make for a fun raid. Perhaps bring us some good feels of ToT, ZA and ZG.

Not only would I pay for option 3, I would replace my job from full-time to half-time so i can do some hardcore raiding , I love your post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post

Not only would I pay for option 3, I would replace my job from full-time to half-time so i can do some hardcore raiding , I love your post.
    I don't know why people keep bring up the Emerald Dream? There is NO reason for us to go there, and Blizzard has said multiple times that its pretty much a no go. The Nightmare was pretty much purged from the land, several (in game) years ago. On top of that, only druids can technically get in there, so how are they going to recon the other classes? It was originally going to be a lvl 60 (40 man), and there is no reason to bring it back as an updated raid either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why can't we have Azshara & Burning Legion all in 1 Expansion ?? There all connected in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    Why can't we have Azshara & Burning Legion all in 1 Expansion ?? There all connected in a way.
    Because both Azshara and Kil'jaeden would deserve to be the final boss.

This looks great, I agree.

Also:
    I see new animation in the next expansion, not in a patch, they aren't going to get money for a patch(I mean not as much as for expansion).

Anyway, I wasn't talking only about theme, I was talking about lore/new class/new races etc.

Deleted
    Please NO ogres as playable race, we don't need dumber yellowish orcs, the green ones are just fine.
    Anyway, any other race shouldn't be specifically tied to a faction, like the pandaren they could choose their own, in this way every race can be added, cool ones would be Satyrs, Murlocs, Nagas or Arakkoa.
    An interesting race could be the Darkfallen.

I guess the chances are there that the Burning Legion will be involved in the next expansion, but the rest of the expansion could be based on something else aswell. I've got no idea if there would be any new classes or character-races, but I'm really not expecting High Elves as a new character-race. Come on, we have 2 elf-races already, that's last thing I would expect.