Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say MoP is the easiest one to level an alt on, at least since they changed the XP requirement. I got 5 alts from 80-90 in 2 weeks, only playing 2-3 hours a day. On my DK which I spent the most time after 90 on, took 2 days to get to 480 ilvl. Not sure if I am just lucky or what but it seems very easy to level and gear an alt now, and dailies really aren't needed on an alt imo.

As far as what I think didn't work, number 1 is the lack of dungeons, while I do enjoy heroic scenarios, I think it was very lazy for Blizzard to stop designing new 5 man content. Raid Finder is a very unpleasant experience and should not be the primary gear up method.
    Last edited by MetroidHunter; 2013-07-27 at 02:07 PM.

Deleted
    If I am really honest, it was 'ok' for a day or two but I was just bored to tears after that. Really kept thinking it would get better and it didn't, got much worse. And then don't even talk about the alts.

Didn't feel like fun. But the damage was done in Cata for me. I left the game and came back a week before MOP and all my guild quit the week before after playing beta and saying the expansion was absolutely terrible. Haven't seen them since and they all started in week one Vanilla.

People could come back but this Blizzcon better be the second coming..

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the problems, as has already been stated in this thread, is the LFG system. Even though it is very convenient to get into dungeons with it, it completely obliterates any semblance of community within the game. Back in WOTLK I actually had a list of people I had previously grouped with and found them to be very experienced and reliable players and would therefore ask them when guildies werent available or recommend them to somebody who was struggling to form a group. I think sacrificing a little commodity would be warranted here, because the community is struggling!

And last but by no means least - it prevents Blizzard from introducing challenging 5 man content that drops loot because random, unorganized groups cannot handle it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevkul View Post
    Tolkien wrote high fantasy. World of Warcraft is high fantasy. So... yeah.

Or at least, the two worlds felt much closer in Wrath which had IMO the best lore.
    You'll never have wrath lore again because Arthas is dead, the end.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The three night a week raiding demands were too much.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    You'll never have wrath lore again because Arthas is dead, the end.
    No shit Sherlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnurf View Post
    It wasn't so alt friendly as for example wrath/cata was ^^
    I would rather have too much to do to level alts than not have enough to go that I can level 4 alts like I did in cata.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I would rather have too much to do to level alts than not have enough to go that I can level 4 alts like I did in cata.
    I'm leveling alts now anyway.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    I think the theme of MoP has contributed somewhat, I'm not denying that pandaria is an incredibly beautiful and well designed world with rich lore and characters, but it's just not what alot of people were looking for in WoW, myself included, I just don't feel as interested in pandaria as I have in past expansions, not enough for me to quit, but perhaps it bothers other people more than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    One of the problems, as has already been stated in this thread, is the LFG system. Even though it is very convenient to get into dungeons with it, it completely obliterates any semblance of community within the game. Back in WOTLK I actually had a list of people I had previously grouped with and found them to be very experienced and reliable players and would therefore ask them when guildies werent available or recommend them to somebody who was struggling to form a group. I think sacrificing a little commodity would be warranted here, because the community is struggling!

And last but by no means least - it prevents Blizzard from introducing challenging 5 man content that drops loot because random, unorganized groups cannot handle it.
    Nothing is stopping you from getting to know people on your server, making a desirable list of people to dungeon with and then queueing up instantly with them with LFG except that blizzard isn't forcing you to do it. The only reason the community aspect suffers is because people are not forced to socialize and so they don't.

WOW xpac life span was somthing everyone was accustomed too, changing it now in an obvious attempt to attract younger players into the game was a crutial decision which didnt work.

the features of this xpac , the race the class, the trailer...were all kong fu panda heavily inspired, if you cant agree with that stop reading and move on please.

- for the first time we see blizz new cinematic of the new class/race putting to shame not 1 but 2 warriors of both sides using a wooden stick while chewing a straw? , it all reeked of a bad cartoon comedy, and this bad comedy doesnt end there.
    - the talking zoo all over pandaria , monkeys fish..you name it.
    - farming , as itself it was nice to grow your own farm but setting a complete zone just for helping pandarens with thier farms and rodents, rabbits stealing vegetables etc is stupid and not funny.
    - the monk class, even though this is a fantasy game , its based on logic, there is only that much of bending the logic rules to try to come up with somthing new but if you bend it too much no one will accept it, how could they come up with a class that needs to be drunk in order to tank and uses only his feet and hands when up untill now tanks had to use plate (druids being the only exception but they dont tank as is, they transform into giant dire bears which is plausible) some use shields some done but dont tell me that all you need to do now to become a tank is to have a drink and fight your enemies only with your hands and feet with fancy stupid looking moves...it worked in "the drunken master" movie but not here...how would they tank ragnaros a 100% fire giant boss?? with kong fu?
    - talks on being obese and drunk is actualy a good thing in pandaria and they are all over the land which is to me sounds like some kind of a sick joke....
    - no plot what so ever, ali and horde were in war since 1992 , there will never be a winner or a loser , its pointless to give it to us as a patch or xpac plot..
    - lei shen...how is he? a resurrected stolen corps by the trolls when you level up and then you kill him again by the time the next raid is out? pointless...
    - garrosh hellscream, in cata he was depicted as the right leader , tough outside but had the right stuff at heart ( as sarufang taught him) and now out of nothing they made him the crazy guy we need to put down? disappointing....

im not gonna talk about everything being locked behind dailys...this xpac has nothing to offer to the players who been playing this since 2004 they didnt want kong fu panda xpac, they wanted lore themed xpac with azshara , sargeras , titans and old gods..it was a bad call by blizz to take all the then 9M subs and give them a ticket to panda land so they maybe gain another 3M new players who did actualy grow on kong fu movies

having to gear alts thru raidfinder RNG is just retarded and makes me not want to play. and they double down on it by making a super mundane 'legendary' which is required to perform at any reasonable capacity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    the features of this xpac , the race the class, the trailer...were all kong fu panda heavily inspired, if you cant agree with that stop reading and move on please.
    Pandaren have been in the franchise since Warcraft 3, they are Warcraft inspired
    Pandaren have been in the franchise since Warcraft 3, they are Warcraft inspired

Pandaren have been
    in the franchise
    since Warcraft 3
    they are Warcraft inspired

This is what I'm seeing myself, in my guild and on my server:

Heroics
    They're a complete waste of time. You can almost completely bypass them with crafted items, the boots from Sha / quest chain, etc. No new ones have been introduced with improved drops, so they're for VPs only. In TBC, Wrath & Cata, harder instances with better drops were added during the patches, so people still did them. In MoP I've not run a Heroic in months. As soon as my char can run LFR, heroics go out the window.

Normal Raiding
    I see a lot of people complaining they're too hard. There's a lot of social guilds on my server which struggle to complete them. On the flip side other peoples' attitudes seem to be "Well join a raiding guild or do LFR then!". Trouble with that is a number of people have no interest in raiding unless it's with friends, and LFR .. well see below.

LFR
    I like the idea, but the player base can make this really painful! By way of example I did Forgotten Depths the other day as a healer. We wiped 5-6 times on the trash to Magaera because some muppets kept pulling adds. That used to happen a lot in one of the HoF LFR raids too. People who refuse to participate, who refuse to play the role they've signed up as, who do everything they can to cause wipes ... these are far too common, and can make LFR bloody awful.

The drop system is also pretty horrible. Occasionally you'll meet people who get really lucky and gear up very quickly. Far more common however, are the people who just don't get drops for ages, or keep getting the same slots. For example my Paladin's first LFR drop was a helm. So was the 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th and 11th. He never got more than 1 drop/week; in fact I think those 11 drops have taken about 16 weeks so far.

On the plus side I'm really looking forward to Flex raids. If my guild can manage enough people each week I'll drop LFR if I can.

Dailies
    Enough people have brought this up before, they're not fun and they shouldn't block anything. Personally I've previously hated dailies, whereas this time I didn't mind them too much (except Golden Lotus, bloody hell!). I stopped each faction as soon as it was exalted, though.

Justice Points
    These are completely, utterly worthless. The single best thing you can do is convert them to Honor. How about actually giving us something to spend them on, or just removing them completely?

Valley of the Four Winds
    Wow, that zone sucks!! I did it on my main, just to see it and get the achieves, but all of my alts avoided it completely.

--

These are my main griped with Mists of Pandaria. Overall I've quite enjoyed it. I must admit I've only just started playing again after a break of a couple of months. I stopped shortly after ToT came out - I enjoyed it, but just didn't feel like running it. Simply burned out for a bit, I think.

For me personally, and I feel most of these apply to a lot of other peeps;

What comes to mind immediately,

Didn't like:

- The lack of established Lore (compared to BC/Wotlk at least)

- Increasing misguided accessibility push, getting silly now

- Absolutely mindless "heroics"

- Clear that LFR is here to stay and deciding not to keep it a tier behind

- Even less of a server community if that's possible (CRZ, Virtual) and refusal to offer free transfers / faction changes to actual good servers or merging realms

- The atmosphere of Pandaria was terrible for me, at least at times

- Strange push towards making the cash shop more relevant

- Classes fusing together (buffs, debuffs, spells)

- Broken guild leveling system still here

- Terrible 85 - 90 leveling experience

Post 5.4:

I don't expect proving grounds will do well, they make no sense to me

BONUS! (Yay)

Did like:

- Warlock class quest, what an amazing fight

- I didn't raid much in MoP, and only got to experience 2 heroic bosses in ToT at the start of 5.2, but for me (and a lot of others I hear) ToT was the best raid since Ulduar

- Challenge modes are BRILLIANT! Although I would prefer a ~similar difficulty for heroic dungeons, just without the timer obviously

- The Rare mobs are challenging, at least they were on release and have a chance to drop some really cool vanity stuff

- Some quests rewarded you with (again) some cool vanity items

Could think of a lot more positives, but that's not what you were asking for anyway!
    Last edited by Etrigan; 2013-07-27 at 02:46 PM.

gear inflation
    alt unfriendly
    LFR - see the ending, unsub
    dailies
    pet battle, brawler guild, challenge mode, etc have no reward
    no catch up 5man heroics

For the people, "lol, got ilevel 500 in a week".
    This tier is ilevel 522. You need 509 (1 tier behind) to consider competitive.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2013-07-27 at 02:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling alt's is a bore. After leveling a panda monk (gosh, dat damn starting zone...) from 1 to 90, my shaman from 85 to 90, and my lock from.... i think it was something like 82 when I started leveling him to 90; I resorted to getting my lvl 86 mage to Vale of Eternal Blossoms without opening the gate, and just running around the shores of the Shrine lakes and doing Pet Battles. Something like 120k or 130k per battle IIRC. It also scaled, I think. Even after the XP reduction, it still feels draining. I guess I just leveled through the worse of it, and so it all feels the same.

I guess what I'm saying is the leveling was horrid. I dunno. Cata's 80-85 wasn't even HALF as bad as MoP's leveling is.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    Man, I wish WoW had the subclass system of Lineage II.

In my opinion

MoP pros:

1. ...Is Another Man's Treasure achievement - World spawn weapons were really cool to find, I'd love to see more of that stuff, maybe with a little more random locations
    2. Glorious achievement - World rares were an awesome addition as well, and they had drops that were pretty good for the level of challenge involved.
    3. Challenge Modes - Fun as hell. Unfortunately, my team slowly ended up quitting MoP and I couldn't do them anymore, but when I did they were a blast. Not to mention the rewards were incredible.
    4. Reduction of PVP gear power - We aren't there yet, but it's a step in the right direction. I think gear should have 0 effect in PVP.
    5. Music - While the asian theme wasn't really my cup of tea, it's hard to not appreciate the work their music team is doing.
    6. Troves of the Thunder King - Fun as hell little scenario for bonus gold and coins to get more gear. Awesome idea imo.
    7. Scenarios - Interesting addition. Still needs work though. The rewards are fucking horrid where it's almost not even worth doing. Too much RNG
    8. Warlocks - They made warlocks amazing this expansion. The green fire quest was cool as hell. My only gripe is just an overall gripe with classes and that's too many buttons.
    9. Lorewalker's faction - This was one of my favorites. Exploring the world getting those scrolls and then just going to Lorewalker Cho and having him explain the stories of MoP to you. So fucking awesome.
    10. The MoP opening cinematic was amazing. Fucking amazing. Still behind Wrath, but damn good.

MoP cons:
    1. Worst Alt-friendly expansion to date - Progression is so gated that getting an alt geared up is brutal.
    2. Lack of 5-man dungeons - A huge part of the game for me that was totally ignored beyond the dungeons at release. Scenarios might be a good substitution, but they need to improve rewards by having each objective drop an item at least.
    3. Raid Design - MSV, ToES probably in the top 5 worst raids ever. HoF was bad as well, but it scored some points with me because of it's focus on the Mantid, who I find super interesting. ToT was the saving grace of MoP, but even that raid wasn't very good especially when it was hyped to be Ulduarish.
    4. Dailies - This list isn't really in order, but if it was, this should be #1. This was a cause of a lot of the players I knew leaving the game and it ruined the game for me personally. They can claim it wasn't mandatory all they want, but it was clear anyone who DID the dailies progressed much, much faster. If you were in a raiding guild, and didn't log in every single day to get your dailies done, you got left behind. This killed MoP for me and a lot of others I know - speaking as a guild leader and a person with a lot of in-game friends, every time I heard about someone quitting, it usually involved them not liking doing dailies everyday. Some of us have jobs already, we don't need one in our game.
    5. The Armor designs - This expansion just simply had the worst armor designs imo. It's completely subjective, but outside of maybe warlock S13, shaman T15, rogue T15, and a few challenge mode sets, I had no desire to collect any of these.
    6. Assassination rogues can still ONLY use daggers - To me this is just retarded. Like not even fist weapons? Why?
    7. The changes to the warrior class - pretty much ruined it for me. It went from one of my primary classes in Cataclysm to collecting dust in MoP.
    8. Way too many abilities - Yeah, just wayyyy too many. I think they need to start grouping similar things together and put them on a Talent tier. Like maybe for warlocks they can have an option between Demonic Gateway, Demonic Circle and another thing instead of having all of it.
    9. Pandas - Maybe it's just me, but I think this should have been an expansion like 8-10 years down the road when they were running out of options. It just felt way too childish to me, about up until the Thunder King patch. I thought it made a joke of the game, especially when there are so many better options still unexplored: Legion, Nerubian Kingdom, Emerald Dream, South Seas/Azshara, etc. I just don't understand the decision to make Pandaria the next chapter.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2013-07-27 at 02:57 PM.

The general theme didn't work for me. I shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, there are some grim bits in mop, but I haven't. I've played it consistently, and still don't enjoy the theme. More demonic corruption please!