Page 1 of 2
LastLast

GUARDIAN Celestial blessings ILVL600 cloak reward

Dear Guardian/Bear players, I play an Ilvl 519 rage-bear, Anduviel at Lightbringer - EU

And I am looking for conformation or critisism in taking the dps cloak instead of the agility tank version

so dps stats:
    +918 Critical Strike (1.53% L90)
    +918 Haste (2.16% L90)
    +918 Mastery (1.53% L90)

versus tank stats:
    +918 Dodge (1.04% L90)
    +918 Critical Strike (1.53% L90)
    +918 Mastery (1.53% L90)

What are your thoughts about this?
    Anything is appreciated!

PS MMO does not let me post links in here, or anything special, because it cannot smell this players is respectable, so sorry about that!
    Last edited by Amazone; 2013-07-27 at 01:17 PM.

dodge>haste for bears, thats all rest is identical

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    dodge>haste for bears, thats all rest is identical
    I'm under the impression this is not Correct and from a rps standpoint haste>dodge so I would take the Dps one.

haste>dodge

On top of that the orange upgrade for the cloak also has a pretty craptastic proc for tanks atm, hopefully they vastly improve it before 5.4 goes live but if not then the dps cloak is pretty much a sealed deal.

I kind of like the cloak proc. I'm thinking it might work as a cd for something like a 4th stack of talon rake or snapping bite. Might be pretty useful situationally.

They will be making the cloaks unique equipped instead of unique in next patch. Currently hate > dodge so get dps one. Next of patch get both

If you are running a Rage build and your aim is to use your Rage dumps as often as possible, then the priority is Hit/Exp hard cap > Crit > Haste > any other stat, with the priority among the other stats being Stam >>>>>>>>>>>> Mastery > Dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricksterjim View Post
    Currently hate > dodge so get dps one.
    Me so angry, me attack you long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    More importantly, does anyone know if bears have the proc animation(s) appear on their butts akin to the rocket boosters during the Gunship encounter in ICC? Because frankly, that is the more important question.

Frankly.

Deleted
    Dodge is fairly useless stat for anyone playing rage build - take the dps cloak

DPS cloak for now, and swap to the tank one in 5.4 since the Dodge gets changed to Expertise.

The tank cloaks are being changed stat wise in 5.4 (Dodge will become Expertise).

Unless you're really hurting on money just take the Agility DPS cloak. I wouldn't be surprised if most tanks used the Legendary DPS cloak over the Legendary Tank Cloak as the later doesn't give Vengeance when it absorbs a killing blow I believe. That's not to say the Legendary Tank cloak won't be useful in situations but the Legendary DPS Cloak will always benefit your raid.

Thanks for all the useful information. It was really interesting,
    Good to know about the statchange in next patch. I do not know how far away that is, but will go with dps-cloak for now!
    Thanks all!

It's pretty rare situation for a feral to have one single tank build.
    All the ferals I know have Dps offspec.
    Dps cloak is universal, so it is far superior to pure tank cloak.

You have to tank heroic dungeons from time to time, having additional dodge is pretty useless there, but 900 haste would be really nice.
    Dps cloak is better for pvp as well.

So yeah, the choice is pretty obvious.

The dodge tanking cloak is changing to expertise, so it might be too bad come 5.4. It also is required if you want the tanking legendary proc effect over the dps one, so make sure you choose the correct cloak for the proc effect you want or else you will end up paying 7-10k for a new cloak.

Do keep in mind that right now you can only upgrade a single cloak to legendary, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Do keep in mind that right now you can only upgrade a single cloak to legendary, though.
    this, iv seen ppl talk about getting legendary cloaks for thier offspecs but that wont work, only an ilvl 608 cloak for offspec.

just to fight the majority of the ppl here, i am going for a tanking cloak, i am old fashioned, i think a tank should strive for survive abiltiy over dps. so going for a RPS build is great as you get the most survive ability due to the gained rage. but taking a pure dps proc over a pure tanking proc? that is not something id consider easely
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    this, iv seen ppl talk about getting legendary cloaks for thier offspecs but that wont work, only an ilvl 608 cloak for offspec.

just to fight the majority of the ppl here, i am going for a tanking cloak, i am old fashioned, i think a tank should strive for survive abiltiy over dps. so going for a RPS build is great as you get the most survive ability due to the gained rage. but taking a pure dps proc over a pure tanking proc? that is not something id consider easely
    BUT.... how often are you dying and thereby causing a wipe? Why choose a cloak with a proc that will hardly ever be used? Also if you go with a dps cloak and help kill the boss/adds quicker, that is less raid damage damage you have to overcome.
    If your healers let you die a lot during a fight, then by all means take the tank cloak but don't advocate taking it simply cuz you are a tank and it is the "tank" cloak. I have not studied the new fights but the tank proc is worded like an absorb which implies it wont remove dots or heal you back up to 25-30% like a lot of the "oh shit spells." IF you are taking so much dmg that you are about to die then 1 absorb could only delay your death by 5-10 secs vs keeping you in for the fights duration.

As with all things, personal evaluation is the key in determining what works best for each person's raid setup.
    Last edited by Kioga; 2013-07-30 at 02:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    well i dont die anymroe as we overgear content, but think abotu an unlucky tank combo,
    for example we had one time in horridin, the other tank went splat at his 4th tripple puncture (he was a tralist an has lower level gear) then i had to take the boss and got quite high on stack, a cloak proc should have saved him there or me when my stack for to high

its uses mgiht be occasional but i think it will defently help on progression
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    I don't want the tank Legendary, I want the dps one just as I have the dps meta gem. I'm almost certain that some of my guildies will QQ about it but I just won't tell them anything lol - inb4 someone rats me out!

No but honestly, unless something changes drastically, I don't think I'll be picking the tanking one.