Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So Guardian now:

1. Duplicates the heal on the target.
    2. Duplicates an extra 30% heal on the target.

Is that correct?

no, when you heal someone they get healed by the guardian for 30% of the amount you healed.

Quote Originally Posted by Peachblossom View Post
    no, when you heal someone they get healed by the guardian for 30% of the amount you healed.
    Has anyone actually tested this yet? I feel like they may have just worded the tooltip badly.

My assumption is that the are trying to get rid of the splash component because of how much lag it causes (10% every single HR target is ouch) by replacing 10% on everyone within X yards by just 30% on the target. I can't imagine the intention is to drop the double heal element. This whole patch has been about making it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Peachblossom View Post
    So yes this means we have the worst cd in the game.

even if that is what they meant it would be a big nerf when you have more than 3 people together

10+ Year Old Account
    Thaaaat is preeetty appalling for a FIVE MINUTE cooldown. I mean why even bother... it's a flashy spell but it needs some serious reworking for holy come next expansion. (Fair enough we're at the last leg of the relay race, why think about it now)

Maybe do what I suggested all those long aeons ago when it first came out, just make the graphic 'Avenging wrath' and have the paladin become the guardian.

Right now this spell does serve Prot and Ret but this isn't for us... at all. Why not just remove it from the holy tool kit altogether for all the hassle generating graphics for a 15 second glorified sparkle pet to load up.

I can think of only a small amount of times where this would be useful and sadly I think my partner healers (Shaman, Druid, occasionally a priest) will have those moments wrapped up so tightly, it won't even matter.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

I think it's time to throw it in the trash and start over.

Now might be the perfect time for us to ask for a Tranquility-esque spell.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Hopefully its a data mining error and its 30% of the healing is copied to nearby targets rather than 10%? I can wish can't I!

On a serious note, under AoE which is what it was mainly for, HA practically does the exact same thing minus the 10% haste but atleast HA gives us 3 HP from our HR and its on a 2 minute cooldown, this has to be some kind of joke.
    Last edited by Kyuuseishu; 2013-08-23 at 12:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They seriously can't justify a 5 minute cooldown on it with those nerfs.

HR isn't DRing like the rest of the skills, maybe that's the reason for it? I'm not saying it's a good reason... It's a bit stupid. Paladins are already suffering, making them suffer more is just insulting to be honest. Although I think DA is pretty sick on Thok.

Please be a datamined error..PLEASE

EDIT: I apologise if that came across as hostile, its 3am and I'm quite sleep deprived >.<

EDIT: This information was incorrect so I've removed it just incase it causes confusion.
    Last edited by Kyuuseishu; 2013-08-23 at 09:18 AM.

Deleted
    I don't get it. Did they change Holy Radiance? If not we are still going to heal a crapton of targets. Each HR tick will generate another 30% tick from GoAK. Then the base HR ticks transfer to beacon. Hopefully the GoAK 30% ticks do not transfer to beacon. Since it's the guardian doing the heals i'm assuming it doesn't. Haven't really looked at this.

Why didn't they just straight up give us a 30% buff and 10% haste to get rid of the lag issues. Yeah i know it still sucks balls. But if it's such an issue get rid of the damn pet. Who really cares about all the temporary pets. Half the time the fucker is blocking my sight(i'm a dwarf...)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuseishu View Post
    If the datamined version is correct, it is absolutely terrible for being on a 5 minute.
    I think it "might" be 130% not 30% just from the way it used to work, but the wording on the cooldown is terrible for describing a mechanic that itself is also terrible. So... hence why I said "scrap and remake" which I think most of us agree they should do.

It sucks that mechanics changes are happening so late but I think it's not bad if it is indeed to fix input lag (which may be why the patch was delayed in the first place, which is a justifiable reason in my books).

EDIT: I apologise if that came across as hostile, its 3am and I'm quite sleep deprived >.<
    I post on sleep deprivation all the time, and hence end up coming across as hostile all the time, oh well, don't think most take it as an excuse :\

Is anyone else finding Sacred Shield to be pretty on par with Eternal Flame? I did a few tests between EF and SS and didn't find my HPS to be changing when I took either one - it stayed pretty much the same between the two.

220% max output nerf to Goak, for 25 man, nice!

70% max output nerf to Goak, for 10 man, great!

Make sure u use Goak with HR on only 2 targets and its a buff tho!

Srsly, wtf

That is indeed odd, HR even states it his diminishing returns beyond 6, but I'm seeing it healing all targets around me for 50% of the amount healed on myself regardless of how many there are beyond 6 (The maximum I found together in shrine was 10).
    Did you check the amount it was healing YOU for though? Because I think it still should heal everyone for 50% of the amount it healed the primary target, but the TOTAL healing output (which affects the amount it means them and YOU) should be capped as if it were just healing 6 total targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineux View Post
    Is anyone else finding Sacred Shield to be pretty on par with Eternal Flame? I did a few tests between EF and SS and didn't find my HPS to be changing when I took either one - it stayed pretty much the same between the two.
    Since I planned on having this discussion at some point, minus tuning this is my (fairly obvious) opinion on the talents:

Selfless Healer: Good for instant casts (PvP for instance) and mana conservation.
    Eternal Flame: Good for proactive healing and has the best Beacon healing for tanks. Also the best scaling talent for 25m.
    Sacred Shield: Good for multiple targets taking predictable damage (read: 1 tank, 2 people with debuff). Worst scaling for 25m.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-08-23 at 05:38 AM.

I'm seriously hoping that guardian change is just worded really, really, really poorly. Hopefully it is supposed to be 30% splashed rather than 10%? Otherwise that is a horrible cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Did you check the amount it was healing YOU for though? Because I think it still should heal everyone for 50% of the amount it healed the primary target, but the TOTAL healing output (which affects the amount it means them and YOU) should be capped as if it were just healing 6 total targets.
    Checked it again when I got up, it still does indeed have diminishing returns, I must of been catching too many pets in the packs by the dummies in shrine despite only seeing one when I did it on the pack of 10 last night, it is quite difficult to find a consistent pack on the PTR though. Since it was healing me for 39k regardless when I was running around finding the biggest pack I could, whelp I had my hopes up then!
    Last edited by Kyuuseishu; 2013-08-23 at 09:09 AM.