Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Which trinkets are you guys aiming at? Also, which bosses do you plan to coin first reset? I suppose Garosh for weapons and Sha of Pride for one trinket? What is the last one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Dark Shaman and Sha of Pride for any of the two trinkets, or I might just do Sha of Pride and save the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    Maybe Dark Shaman and Sha of Pride for any of the two trinkets, or I might just do Sha of Pride and save the rest.
    I haven't thought this over, probably just Sha. Amp trinket will be good on any difficulty. The rest of the stuff isn't really needed.

Deleted
    You should only go for haste if you can sustain the rotation, haste wins on paper yes but is much more mana intensive. Also if you are overhealing the encounters then haste is just straight up eHPS loss. Haste has alot more potential this tier than in ToT but until 560ilvl you can forget about the second break point.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffpower View Post
    Not really since if you kept that it wouldn't work anywhere near as hard for you as it does now & you wouldn't have the regen to sustain it, so will feel useless.
    Ah, yeah I know we only achieved such high levels of mastery due to it being farm content and with the EF nerf mastery won't be AS effective (still, most likely, the best secondary stat though in the majority of situations). I'm just looking forward to doing something other than stacking mastery this tier, until we get to a point of farming SoO, but yeah that will be a long way off

New question! How much spirit are you aiming for?

(IMO mastery will pretty much always win due to effective health. I want haste to be good, I like haste a lot but I don't think that during progression having faster heals will every out weigh not having to heal because of absorbs.)
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    New question! How much spirit are you aiming for?

(IMO mastery will pretty much always win due to effective health. I want haste to be good, I like haste a lot but I don't think that during progression having faster heals will every out weigh not having to heal because of absorbs.)
    I just "setup" my gear ready for Weds release, I've hit the 7170 breakpoint with just shy of 18k spirit unbuffed.

Deleted
    I might be missing something here, but why would you reforge out of so much mastery for progress. Absorbs can save raid wipes while people are learning etc. I personally won't be going for 7170 until I don't have to sacrifice a pretty big chunk of mastery (currently 548ilvl). I'm no theory crafter and 7170 probably does increase throughput, but aside from Malkorok I'll be sticking with mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytheo View Post
    I might be missing something here, but why would you reforge out of so much mastery for progress. Absorbs can save raid wipes while people are learning etc. I personally won't be going for 7170 until I don't have to sacrifice a pretty big chunk of mastery (currently 548ilvl). I'm no theory crafter and 7170 probably does increase throughput, but aside from Malkorok I'll be sticking with mastery.
    I didn't say I was keeping it, will need to test on live with proper ilevels of gear, since all PTR testing has been done with 520 scaled down. I personally really hate the mastery approach & anything to get away from it I'll give a chance to work. Since we're aiming to two heal most stuff Paladin / Shaman I'm going to have free reign on the shielding anyway, but would rather push for the extra ticks to max the cloak etc, at this time. Might change it when some bosses get pulled on Weds & see how the mana is.

Deleted
    since all PTR testing has been done with 520 scaled down.
    No. Don't write about something you don't know. There were also some tests with item level scaled to 565.

I've hit the 7170 breakpoint with just shy of 18k spirit unbuffed.
    From that I imply that you have very less mastery and I promise you that you will have a hard time!
    Last edited by mmoc66043e8701; 2013-09-10 at 10:08 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paracletus View Post
    From that I imply that you have very less mastery and I promise you that you will have a hard time!
    Hard time with mana or what? Like it was shown before haste > mastery when looked at HPS.

Problem is to sustain that for a long fight.

Also absorbs are better due to higher effective health during progress but without way to reliably keep mastery shields up I really don't see that being so effective.

I managed to get just barely over the 7170 haste with a little over 16k spirit and about 20% mastery. If I need more spirit, I can always swap out a few gems. I had a few pieces of haste gear set aside, and only had to switch out some spirit/mastery for spirit/haste gems. This is with an ~540 ilvl. It will be nice with a few upgrades to start putting more mastery in there... but I hope this works out well, it's certainly more interesting than mindlessly stacking mastery everywhere.

I really prefer progression to having stuff on farm, having to actively manage my mana rather than just being able to spam things without paying much attention... like I might have to actually use a mana pot once in a while.

*excited* (yay patch day)
    Last edited by Taygete; 2013-09-10 at 12:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctorant View Post
    Like it was shown before haste > mastery when looked at HPS.
    Even if you refer to that table showing the rotations, you can't be really sure about that. To gain all benefits from haste (besides lowering HS cd, gaining more ticks from EF and more cloak procs) you will have to cast/spam more, so more haste -> more spirit in general. So to gain all benefits from haste you will have to drop output stats for regen stats, which of course lowers your hps.
    If you look at how much you heal with a single "rotation", you will see that with mastery you will heal more than with haste. Mastery is way more mana efficient allowing you to drop regen stats for output stats, besides the fact that absorbs are very important nowadays.

As long as mastery is not too far behind haste in theory, mastery should be seen as superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Paracletus View Post
    No. Don't write about something you don't know. There were also some tests with item level scaled to 565.
    Should probably have included that I only tested with scaled down to 520.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorant
    Also absorbs are better due to higher effective health during progress but without way to reliably keep mastery shields up I really don't see that being so effective.
    Pretty much this, as stated multiple times and shown through the maths, haste is superior to mastery as long as you have the capability to maintain the mana, which I really don't see being that difficult in a strong raid group. So overall I'm not sure how I'm going to have a hard time since as Doctorant also mentions above me, with out the capability to maintain the shields your going to have an even harder time.

Through my experience in my guild, we tend to run raid groups for as high dps as possible and always sacrifice healers where we can meaning we generally have much less of an overheal problem anyway, so going druidmode with the bonus of applying the shields feels quite appealing.

Deleted
    Alright so let me explain this once again as clearly as possible since people don't seem to understand:

Look at the chart I made and you will see that going full haste and 16k spirit vs going mastery and 16k spirit would give about 3.5k effective HPS increase(excluding cooldows). Now for that 3.5k hps you are spending 6640 more mp5, that comes down to 9057 more spirit needed for the haste build. Now I'll let you decide what happens when the guy going mastery turns even half of those extra stat points into a throughput stat(haste or mastery).

Yes the example above is full haste vs full mastery but it clearly shows how mana intensive haste is compared to mastery.

Deleted
    Hi,
    Now because tomorrow its the Patchday.
    What is your mind about Mastery vs Haste, because the Changes about HS, Radiance, Lightshammer, and SS.
    What i think about Spirit and Haste to go for the 2 extra ticks for SS and a cooldown for HS 4,5 sek?
    I think when i give Holy Pally then the Main Prio tank heal in the New Content we can do much with that much instant heals and SS on tanks, and 1-2 Shields at the Raid, because the incomming tank dmg will be rly hard.

And with a big Spiritpool and Much haste its Possible to get also a big hps ouput without going oom and dont do so much overheal.

Sry for my english

Its 25 man Raid!

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzeia View Post
    Hi,
    Now because tomorrow its the Patchday.
    What is your mind about Mastery vs Haste, because the Changes about HS, Radiance, Lightshammer, and SS.
    What i think about Spirit and Haste to go for the 2 extra ticks for SS and a cooldown for HS 4,5 sek?
    I think when i give Holy Pally then the Main Prio tank heal in the New Content we can do much with that much instant heals and SS on tanks, and 1-2 Shields at the Raid, because the incomming tank dmg will be rly hard.

And with a big Spiritpool and Much haste its Possible to get also a big hps ouput without going oom and dont do so much overheal.

Sry for my english

Its 25 man Raid!
    You could just read the last 2-3 pages and you would get everyone's thoughts about haste vs. mastery.

Kinda off topic question:

For the fallen protectors fight, is the healer trial UI friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by paladative View Post
    Kinda off topic question:

For the fallen protectors fight, is the healer trial UI friendly?
    They show up as boss frames.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Haven't really seen talks about people trying out Selfless Healer. Can it compete with EF? How can one go with optimizing legendary cloak without EF? What's stats priority for it for 25m? Any thoughts?