Quote Originally Posted by paladative View Post
    Kinda off topic question: For the fallen protectors fight, is the healer trial UI friendly?
    http://healiocentric.wordpress.com/2...oo-3-norushen/

Make sure your Boss Frames (as Lucy said) can show debuffs or use WeakAuras or a Boss Mod to track it.

Is rolling a bunch of 1 HP Eternal Flames a good thing to try to do? The hot aspect doesn't heal any more with each charge of HP (I think, but I could be wrong) so if we are just trying to get the cloak to proc, wouldn't that be the best way to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sashwa View Post
    The hot aspect doesn't heal any more with each charge of HP (I think, but I could be wrong) so if we are just trying to get the cloak to proc, wouldn't that be the best way to do that?
    You are wrong. The hot heals more per HP. Without generating mastery shields any longer casting a 1hp EF will rarely be worth it.

Not sure if it's changed, but on ptr they were pretty bad. During testing on thok(a lot of aoe healing) the best I got out of the cleave trinket was like 1.9% on my heals. And best on any fight with multistrike I think it was 2.6% of my healing. If they haven't changed they are probably not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonso View Post
    Not sure if it's changed, but on ptr they were pretty bad. During testing on thok(a lot of aoe healing) the best I got out of the cleave trinket was like 1.9% on my heals. And best on any fight with multistrike I think it was 2.6% of my healing. If they haven't changed they are probably not worth it.
    sad then. so much potential

Quote Originally Posted by Tolzzy View Post
    Haven't really seen talks about people trying out Selfless Healer. Can it compete with EF? How can one go with optimizing legendary cloak without EF? What's stats priority for it for 25m? Any thoughts?
    I tried out SH in 10 man today for the first 4 bosses. I felt it was good for everything except protectors. I switched to EF for protectors because the damage was consistent with what I felt would be low overhealing. After experiencing SH, I can really understand why it would be garbage for 25 man. For 10 man, the LoD spam is refreshing shields fairly regularly, and on those it does not I just shift my holy shock to them. It is very easy to maintain shields with SH on 10 man.

Meh, I personally think the new EF is beast mode.
    It is healing for more so it is not there to put a shield up but to keep people alive while we prepare for more heals on the raid or DL's on tank.
    I like this EF more so than 5.3 's oddly enough... since, as stated early, LoD spam keeps mastery shields up fairly easily with small discretion.

10+ Year Old Account
    EF is really the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    In terms of talents, yes EF is the way to go, but do you think it should be used like 5.3, or should we split our heals between EF/LoD for the shield stacking?

EF with legendary cloak seems pretty beast to me....I topped charts against a shaman and disc in our 10 man

How far behind is SH scaled with both Haste & Mastery?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedralixx View Post
    In terms of talents, yes EF is the way to go, but do you think it should be used like 5.3, or should we split our heals between EF/LoD for the shield stacking?
    For 25m, definitely stick with EF over using LoD. I honestly don't see it being very different on 10m.

Which is amusing because the whole point of changing the talents, at least according to blizzard, was to encourage more talent choice diversity amongst players. Seems like in general, they failed to accomplish that goal.

I did the first 4 bosses in 25 man last night. 11/13 heroic guild, I am 547 ilvl.

Stat Priority: haste to 7170, spirit was at ~13,200, mastery was at ~9600. (did not have legendary cloak during last night's raid)

Used EF all 4 fights. First two bosses were one shots so I didn't get a chance to try anything different, but I think sacred shield + LoD would have been better for the second boss.

The third boss, Norushen, was a really fun fight to heal. EF was my top heal at about 35% and I was top heals at ~235k. Resto sham was 2nd at ~220k, the other healers, 2 druids, monk and holy priest were all under 200k. I was the first one to get the healing debuff cleared so that probably inflated numbers a little.

Fourth boss, Sha of Pride, was ok. Kinda annoyed at druids efflo doing 30% of their healing from just a glyph, and 55% total healing from efflo and shroom bloom. I had 2 druids and a sham healing rain down at all times which stole most little healing. All 6 heals were close at ~110 to ~120k. I just kept EF one or 2 power EF up on the people with the debuff and spammed HR/HS to build up mastery as best as possible.

In short, I actually enjoyed the changes so far. I have a 5.13 sec HS, 1.85 sec cast HR, mana felt ok although I plan on getting back to 15k once my ilvl goes up. I do think blizzard failed on making the other talents useful in 25 man though EF is just better. They did succeed in lessening our absorb output and increase our throughput which was something they wanted I think.
    Last edited by Ascended2210; 2013-09-11 at 04:52 PM.

Deleted
    I'm wondering (as a heroic 10m raider) what would be the best way to gem through progression. Gemming spirit, intellect, mastery or haste, staying at 3506 haste or going to 7170...

I have never been really excited about 5.2/5.3 leeching gameplay, by going to 15k+ spirit and blanketing the raid with EF, and I'm not really happy about doing the same thing to fish good cloak procs. I have been gemmed full int - int/mas - int/spi through 13/13hm (staying around 10k spirit, reforging extra spirit on mastery or crit).

My problem actually is that I haven't any clue how to go now, because I want to keep my "triage gameplay" but I don't know how to balance between haste, mastery and intellect.

Having just started playing on EU (and not having reforged out of mastery) I'm already finding mastery pretty paltry when playing with EF. It actually seems to compliment a SS spec better as a more mitigation spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    How would it compliment SS when SS in no way scales with mastery? Going to have to disagree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Which is amusing because the whole point of changing the talents, at least according to blizzard, was to encourage more talent choice diversity amongst players. Seems like in general, they failed to accomplish that goal.
    Gutting a well-built talent doesn't magically make shitty talents good. But I guess people still somehow can't realize that

Deleted
    What i think now about that should i take SS or EF for 25 man. Now i have 7170 Haste and i dont know. Is it a good ideo to go for more haste or better mastery ?