Quote Originally Posted by XJ9 View Post
    - Removal of flying mounts in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor
    - Removal of LFR
    - LFD only available for level 90 characters
    - Faction imbalances fixed and servers merged -> Removal of CRZ
    - Item squish to WotLK level
    - Less CC
    - Old Talents
    - Removal of 10 win cap for arenas -> Introduction of team rating requirements for arena gear again
    - Removal of shared raid lockouts

Would you come back? If not, what would make you come back?
    Yes that would probably make me look for a guild again. Right now I log into a dead guild and talk to a few friends on real ID and try and sell my leftover mats before they become useless. At the current rate I won't play when my sub falls off.
    Hi Sephurik

I am only unsubbed because killing the Thunder King (in Normal/HC, I did in LFR) and Garrosh just doesn't exicte me...if your changes happened I'd never come back.

When things get to time-consuming and "farmy" for little progress in the end-game I naturally give up and do something else, maybe make another alt. I'm not that kind of guy that pours a gazillion hours into a game to be the elite unless I really enjoy the way there. I used to do that when I was in a raiding guild I cared about. When everyone knew the names of the best guilds on the realm and their players, and trying to kill all the bosses before our rivals etc. Ha, that's a long time ago now. Ok, old man whine over...

edit:

As many others have said,the removal of LFR would prolly make me quit, or at least not play for more than a couple of hours a week. The other changes would also diminish the game experience.
    Last edited by tankbug; 2013-08-20 at 12:50 AM.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Hell no, that would make the game much much worse. The reason there isn't more world PvP is because people simply don't enjoy doing it. If they did enjoy it, they would be doing it right now. LFD and Raid Finder are great tools to keep the masses happy, removing them would result in massive subscription losses likely.

Old talents are basically the same as the ones we have now, but instead of choosing you want 5 points in a certain ability you now only have to spend 1 point to get the same effect, it's just more streamlined while retaining the choice (or lack thereof). Cookie cutter builds still exist, but at least the choices are more meaningful now. The only problem this new talent system has is not getting a reward every time you level up.

Anyway, as for my own views of what would get me to like WoW again. It has to be lore, I think ever since WotLK it just has become such a huge mess. Improve the lore and I would more happily invest in this game again. Oh, and I hope next expansion they don't require you to do a shitload of dailies as a means of improving reputation with factions, that was just a horrible choice. I prefer the old Wrath system of equipping a tabard and grinding dungeons, but I'm sure they can improve on that, it's just that they tried with dailies and it turned out horrible.

- Removal of LFR
    - Less CC
    - Old Talents
    - Removal of 10 win cap for arenas -> Introduction of team rating requirements for arena gear again

Sounds like a laundry list for a private vanilla/BC server.

And contrary to popular opinion here in MMO Champion, implementing the above will not, I repeat, will not bring back the millions of subs lost. Oh sure, you might attract a couple thousand, but the current WoW pop will plummet even further when you've taken things they enjoyed away.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomthulsa View Post
    Sounds like a laundry list for a private vanilla/BC server.

And contrary to popular opinion here in MMO Champion, implementing the above will not, I repeat, will not bring back the millions of subs lost. Oh sure, you might attract a couple thousand, but the current WoW pop will plummet even further when you've taken things they enjoyed away.
    Yeah, yeah... Another MOPper playing defense.

I'm really not sure why so many people are hating on the LFR... it's the only reason me and some friends bother to resub each time new content comes up because we can no longer commit 6 hours & 4 days/week just to experience some sort of end content. Blizzard didn't take out the hardcore raiding options because of it have they?

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    To be fair, at least those old guys have an excuse for griping, as they might have actually had their lives affected by the changes. Unlike raiders, who simply gripe because other people can now have fun in their own ways.
    The only reason those old guys gripe is because they are getting old and insecure. When they see a teenager walking down the road they see a young punk out to destroy the neighborhood and commit crimes, what it really is is some kid walking home from school and the only thought in his head is getting home in time for dinner and playing some video games.

Much like LFR hatin raiders like to constantly make cry baby posts about LFR, because they can't handle change in their environment, are self centered and think everything revolves around them and their view of reality is severely skewed.

10+ Year Old Account
    - Removal of LFR
    - Less CC
    - Old Talents

im still subbed and if pretty much any of this list were added/removed id probably quit. ive been playing since 2006 and id really rather the game not go backward

Deleted
    I'd quit if I wasn't normal raiding already.

I don't like the fact that people call this elitist changes. They're rather changes of what an insecure semi-bad player would implement.

If you're so mad at LFR, join a raiding guild.

Note: I even played Warcraft before WoW was open beta and I've always had an active WoW acc, so don't even dare calling me a WotLK starter.

- Removal of LFR
    - Less CC
    - Old Talents

No.
    Would probably keep me for a few extra weeks.
    Would probably lose me faster.
    Would make me quit instantly because I'm on an Alliance-dominated PvP server, but I don't PvP at all.
    Also make me quit instantly.
    Don't care.
    Would give me some interest if they weren't shit.
    Don't care.
    Would approve, but don't care enough.

How to keep my interest? FIX FUCKING MAGES.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

- Removal of LFR
    - Less CC
    - Old Talents

1. No. Would likely keep me away. Love being able to fly pretty much everywhere; always get annoyed with taxi flights because they don't take the most direct route. And most of the time I can't be bothered with ground mounts.

2. No. Again, would likely keep me away. I used to be part of an averagely successful, fairly solid 10 man group. Then life changes hit most of us, and a few of us decided to transfer to a new realm. Not enough folks transferred to keep a 10 man group running. We teamed up with another guild on our new server for awhile, but took some time off between DS and MoP. Our faction died off quite a bit in that time frame, so it's not worth it trying to recruit right now. Even if we did, we're not really in a place where we want to raid on a regular schedule again, so LFR fills our desire for raiding quite nicely.

3. I don't see LFD as a bad thing. There's nothing stopping people from looking for groups in trade like back in the old days if they want to. If you don't like LFD/LFR, don't use them.

4. CRZ hasn't been much of an issue for me. As far as imbalances/merges....hopefully connected realms will help with that.

5. I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to the whole item squish issue, so no, wouldn't really have any impact on me I guess.

6. Less CC, more CC....someone's always going to complain.

7. I like some of the actual new talents, but hate the new talent system. Something more along the lines of the old talent trees would make me happy.

8. Don't do arenas, so don't care.

9. Shared raid lockouts are the devil. If people want to raid themselves to death they should be able to do so. There was a time when I loved running raids every chance I got. Don't know that I'll ever find myself back in that place again, but it'd be nice to have the option.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The only reason those old guys gripe is because they are getting old and insecure. When they see a teenager walking down the road they see a young punk out to destroy the neighborhood and commit crimes, what it really is is some kid walking home from school and the only thought in his head is getting home in time for dinner and playing some video games.

Much like LFR hatin raiders like to constantly make cry baby posts about LFR, because they can't handle change in their environment, are self centered and think everything revolves around them and their view of reality is severely skewed.
    Then what does that say about those who threw a huge hissy fit and took things very personally in Cata to the point of creating a very big negative PR storm telling all that they should quit WoW and turn away any potential customers all the while calling themselves casuals and bashing those who take the game seriously?

If anyone is insecure it is those who have to latch on to the belief that they represent the majority. It takes bigger balls to standby yourself than to jump on a bandwagon.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-08-20 at 03:49 AM.

Am I the only long term (played from 2006 until I quit around a year ago, and a hardcore raider for almost that entire time, including clearing part of Naxx at 60) who HATES restrictions on using flying mounts? I don't know if it's because I've never been into world PvP (unless it's mind controlling people into lava outside of Molten Core back in the day...) or because I find it more fun to explore and admire zones from the air than the ground, but I don't get why hating flying is considered a "hardcore" thing.

- Removal of LFR
    - Less CC
    - Old Talents

All of this is from a PURE PVE player perspective.. I have never touched pvp.
    1. yes I honestly do not like flying mounts in EK and Kalimdor. I think the removal would make achievements like "For the Horde" feel like it used to in vanilla instead of flying into the faction leaders room and not raiding the actual city and killing all in your path.
    2. yes, easy gear. I would prefer to work for my gear instead of auto-attack afk.
    3. no, LFD made leveling 100000x easier. I prefer leveling to be easier because its the end game content that matters to me.
    4. yes and no. If they made every server into stormrage I would not like it because I hate crowded servers with a passion. I actually like a chance at rare mobs without having to camp for hours. If they made every server decently populated to where you are not crowded but there is just enough people to keep a server active and going I would be very happy. I prefer having my server NOT crash every week.
    5. Doesn't change much imo but smaller numbers are better than the current state of stats.
    6. why less CC when we hardly CC as is?
    7. It does not matter to me but it does add a bit more uniqueness to the talents instead of "Pick these spells because every other spell sucks" even though old talents were pretty much almost the same.
    8. I don't pvp. This does not effect me at all.
    9. Yes. 100%. I hate having to level 5 other alts to get as much raid content as I want. It will bring servers together. For example. Raiders in a 10 man guild can join GDKP runs or just run with friends to help them out and everyone experiences ALL PERSPECTIVES OF RAIDING instead of some people only raiding 10 mans and others only raiding 25s. I love this idea more than anything else you mentioned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    A needed addition cannot be bad, by definition.
    Needed by lazy people? Needed to destroy server communities?

Haven't been really impressed with anything until now. And I still don't feel like resubbing. I've been done with it for almost a year, no point going back. I keep an eye on it because I still find the story rather interesting!

I will come back
    if my friends desided to play again(alone in a mmo is bad)
    agree with fly mounts
    Less dailies
    Better expansion than the 2 lasts or at least the Pandaria one

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonticus View Post
    no, i'd quit.
    yeah the first reply pretty much hit the nail on the head

All of your suggestions are shithouse, but I have to say, why in God's name would you make it available ONLY FOR 90s, rather than the other way around? The last thing on the planet I want is to lose the ability to LFD on my leveling alts. Dungeons on lowbies used to be a nightmare.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Just want to dispel the notion that the people who hate on LFR are raiders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.