Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noggis View Post
    Yes, ignore EVERYTHING that has been posted in this thread regarding exploitation of the system, and keep suggesting stuff that's even easier to exploit/wintrade.

And people wonder why do I have such a sarcastic tone.
    OMG someone wants to toss around fun ideas even though they may never be implemented... god forbid!

Deleted
    Yes, ignore EVERYTHING that has been posted in this thread regarding exploitation of the system, and keep suggesting stuff that's even easier to exploit/wintrade.

And people wonder why do I have such a sarcastic tone.
    In what way would it be exploited ?
    You play Horde, place the bounty on Ganker the gnome rogue.
    A fellow hordie has to kill him right ? So you could have bought him off anyway if so inclined.

I'm not seeing a way of wintrading anything.

Edit: Hum thinking twice about it, you could take two players, one Horde the other Alliance to profit of other people placing bounties on your mate.
    Yeah that sucks. I'll see if I can think of a way around such abuse and get back with what I come up with.
    Last edited by mmocf3b228c4c6; 2013-07-28 at 05:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    In what way would it be exploited ?
    You play Horde, place the bounty on Ganker the gnome rogue.
    A fellow hordie has to kill him right ? So you could have bought him off anyway if so inclined.

I'm not seeing a way of wintrading anything.
    -Jimbo, go log your horde alt and camp the shit out of that idiot. Maybe he'll put up a bounty on you and I'll kill you on the mountain. You can also suggest someone for me to camp so you can kill me and we get his money too.

-Jimbo, go log your horde alt and camp the shit out of that idiot. Maybe he'll put up a bounty on you and I'll kill you on the mountain. You can also suggest someone for me to camp so you can kill me and we get his money too.
    There is no way to make sure someone will put a bounty on you. You could camp a low level for hours and he never put any gold on your head. Hell it could be a brand new player with zero gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    There is no way to make sure someone will put a bounty on you. You could camp a low level for hours and he never put any gold on your head. Hell it could be a brand new player with zero gold.
    Gank a bit and some people definitely will. Your friend on the opposite faction could probably tell when you get a bounty on your head. Hell, he could even encourage people in the general chat to put bounties on you. Then you meet up in a safe spot and he kills you for the gold. Then you switch roles.

Gank a bit and some people definitely will. Your friend on the opposite faction could probably tell when you get a bounty on your head. Hell, he could even encourage people in the general chat to put bounties on you. Then you meet up in a safe spot and he kills you for the gold. Then you switch roles.
    Or they definitely will just call a 90 buddy to come rape you instead. Could happen or it might not thats the joy of life.

Deleted
    Doubtfull that someone will always resort to such measures, they might kill you with their main, or bring in a friend.
    What's more, I doubt such a thing would be worthwhile, camping for ages for them to put up, what, a hundred or something gold.

Hard thing to exploit, and probably not worth it, unless there's a title or something that could be win traded for. In that case, no title or other reward, just the gold (which will never be that much that it would be worthwhile to camp and wintrade.)

Deleted
    put a daily cap on gold received?? put up different rewards?? make a ranking system for those who get bountied or kill lots of bountys?? maybe make it a thing you activate if you pvp and play hunter/hunted so you cant just bounty anyone for chuff all or make it like a BG but openworld ?? make achievements or rewards for defeating enemies who come to kill you while you have a bounty on you and vise versa etc.
    I dunno this is more of a fun thing I thought of over a way to make gold. would be cool I reckon. i have no idea how to implement an idea like this tho ;p

Make the bounty disappear with no one getting it if the target is killed by someone 10+ levels higher. Make it so you can choose who to offer the contract to, who cares if it's their friend as long as the a-hole dies?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Do people forget that flying mounts exist? They would need to add a debuff which removed the use of flying mounts after killing someone. Which will never happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Flying mounts killed World PvP, so that is a huge problem...

Deleted
    I would LOVE to see a decent reward system being implemented for world pvp.
    I would also love to see pvp'ers have any decent form of generating a bit of gold.

But this will never happen, they're busy implementing pokemon and paytowin (inc soon trust me ) in the game
    Just kidding, no, no im not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by biggischkris View Post
    I would LOVE to see a decent reward system being implemented for world pvp.
    I would also love to see pvp'ers have any decent form of generating a bit of gold.

But this will never happen, they're busy implementing pokemon and paytowin (inc soon trust me ) in the game
    Just kidding, no, no im not.
    Cant remember if it still does, but daily PvP actually gave some gold.

this is a way fun idea, and since we get no gold in BG's.. it would be an interesting way to "earn" gold.. fun all the same... make a weekly gold cap from bountys.. or something

Quote Originally Posted by Edx View Post
    This sounds pretty fun actually.
    In a world without abusers... Maybe you could track the player on the map?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Or it could give general directions like "last seen in elwynn forest"

This is a fun idea, would be awesome to have some kind of World PvP reward in that way, or any kind of encouragement for World PvP besides the old kill the king thing.

I'm a big WPVP fan

Deleted
    I would do it like this. Make it a queue system for "bounty hunters". If you queue, if you have a chance to be the hunter or the hunted. If you kill the hunter you get 100g, if you die, he can loot you for 100g. If you enter a city/place of your faction, you automatically abandon the bounty. If you do it 3 times you get a 24 hour deserter debuff (to stop exploiting it). If you are the hunter, you get a radar telling you where he is but not the exact spot (1000 yard range). If you get closer the radar will behave more agressively. The hunted does not know when he is getting hunted. He might even think that he's still in the queue! That would work I think

Deleted
    I do this myself as a Rogue, people give me tips to kill people on the opposing faction. I know other realms who have guilds that also set up a sort of assassin system on the forums as well.

As nightstalker mentioned this would have to be voluntary. People that want to participate (lvl 90 only) can sign up. Basically it would be like the horde/alliance bounty hunters are looking for new recruits, so by signing up you go and hunt people down.

As people sign up on each side you become hunter and hunted. ie. once you queue alliance can hunt you as horde and you can hunt alliance. Let's say as an alliance player you kill a horde and collect the bounty, then you go up in 'rank' or notoriety of sorts. As you go higher the bounty on your head will be higher if you get killed.

And you as the alliance player that is more notorious also get slightly higher bounty from your targets since if the risk to you is higher (more people after your head) your rewards should be as well. There would be a cap of course. Bounty expires after an appropriate time.

I'm not sure how to implement this on larger scale, but that's the idea for 1v1/solo at least. Potential for abuse would be the same as others, i guess? People grouping up and killing a single player to help their teammate? Then maybe it 'flags' you and automatically enters you into the bounty system. As long as you help someone gang up on a player you're fair game as well. And perhaps the bounty on 'flagged' players lasts longer than ones that voluntarily sign up.