Poll: Would you play on Vanilla/TBC server?

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It would be good for about a week, if that - before people start to miss LFG, flying mounts, etc etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stripesrus View Post
    Players who never played vanilla will almost guaranteed pick No, while players who did play vanilla will most probably select yes.
    To be honest I think it is the other way around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    Yeah I was about to drop the obligatory "Oh look, this thread again."

Because this fucking thread has been made thousands of times - why didn't you search for one just like it and post in there that you agree?
    Please show me a thread in which someone is asking the same question as me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, why make this thread?

Blizzard already said no, no no no. They have said it so many times. And yet people keep asking. And if, just if they did.. I would be scared of the overall prices due to a complete different maintenance process. And no, wouldn't play them But we would feel the extra costs, I'm afraid off.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-07-27 at 11:33 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

no, nope ,nada, hell no
    that is like saying i am going to put you in a room nothing will ever change but here you go and not only that but you can see out side so you can see all the kids that get new stuff.

Sure I would. I'm not sure if I'd play on such a server "seriously", but I'd play on them. I'd also play the hell out of a WoLK server.

No, but I really wish they'd be added so all the crying would stop. It'd be funny to hear all the people clambering for the return of vanilla or BC servers whining about how bored they were after about a week. Rose colored glasses, people. I've played since vanilla and I enjoyed vanilla and BC in their time but I wouldn't want to go back at this point.

Although I probably would if I could do Naxx40 and get a scarab mount/title I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stripesrus View Post
    Players who never played vanilla will almost guaranteed pick No, while players who did play vanilla will most probably select yes.
    I've played since early beta and I still selected NO. And the reason for that is simple. Yes, vanilla and tbc were great, but it wouldn't be the same to play them again. What made that time of WoW great, at least for me, was the raid difficulty. None of that would be present today since I already know every strategy for every raid encounter that has ever been in WoW so far, so the great challenge of learning the fights wouldn't be there. You would be clearing all raid content in a matter of weeks.

Blizzard is right to say that legacy servers are a bad idea. Not because the old Wow was bad, but because there would be no content flow. Vanilla/BC servers would be good until you hit the max level of content, then what?

It is a much better exercise if we lobby blizzard to change the systems in the game back to somewhere like they were during vanilla/BC.

I'd love to play on a BC server reminiscing times on my old prot paladin.
    Then I'd join a raiding guild and do all the raids I never got to back then like SSC, TK, Hyjal, BT, and SWP.

Then I'd take the time to do some exploits and visit cool places like GM island, Emerald Dream. OOO wall jumping was still around then, I could do that too!!! Ahh the exploring...
    Last edited by JasonWuzHear; 2013-07-27 at 11:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, why make this thread?

Blizzard already said no, no no no. They have said it so many times. And yet people keep asking. And if, just if they did.. I would be scared of the overall prices due to a complete different maintenance process. And no, wouldn't play them But we would feel the extra costs, I'm afraid off.
    Please show me a source because I don't rember Blizzard sayin that they would never make Vanilla or TBC servers.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would even pay another sub for it, while I did play on a private vanilla server and loved it, the community was too full of elitists buttheads and the fact that it wasn't official with many small bugs just put me off (raid bosses not working properly put me off the most, went to play there to raid and I got bosses that weren't 100% the same). But yeah should it be official I would play on a vanilla realm, hoping it would be gated release (ubrs first, then mc etc etc) every 6 months or so and just release a new one as soon as Naxx is out for a year keeping to old intact.
    Quote Originally Posted by painweaver View Post
    I didn't vote because the option "no, I'm never paying blizzard money again" wasn't there. Honestly, I'm having more fun playing on the Emerald Dream private server than I have since I first started playing in 2006. Can't say I'm burned out because I quit subbing for wow, the direction the game has gone is the problem.
    What do you think of the ED community then? I'm guessing you play alliance since horde is just full off dickheads (especially Dreamstate, never seen such a elitist club in my life). That realm, well horde side at least, is so not what I expected to find, thought people would want to relive vanilla, help people out, spend time together in instances etc, but it's only about one thing it seems; ripoff everyone with ridiculous prices (50g for a flask CRAFT, a single one....in vanilla....) and stand in Orgrimmar all day telling the rest to quit their char since they are already the best of their class. Like they are dA bEst of the WorLD, newsflash vanilla progress was 8 years ago. Yeah what a friendly environment....

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    as much as i would shout at the top of my lung that TBC was the best time i ever had in wow and is the absolute best era of wow, i would not play it.
    been there, done that, now what's new?

now if they would create an expansion with the TBC spirit, but the improve gameplay of today, that would drive me back to wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Please show me a source because I don't rember Blizzard sayin that they would never make Vanilla or TBC servers.
    Oh no you didn't...someone's going to come in here with the gigantic Wall of No now.

Surprised that thing isn't trademarked yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1751857331#15

But no, Blizzard have already said no to it. - They want the game to keep moving forward and so on.

This is correct.

Since the old forums are no longer available, I will re-post one of the comments we posted on this topic in the past:

We are aware of the fact that some people prefer the old pre-expansion content over the newer content that has been added to the game with the last two expansions, but despite this we still have no plans for opening any classic realms at this point in time.

We also understand that some people would like to revel in nostalgia; however the developers are planning to keep the game moving forward as they want the game to continue to progress and evolve.

We regularly see requests for us to open classic pre-TBC realms, or vanilla realms if you prefer, and lately we have also seen requests for pre-WotLK realms and even pre-Cataclysm realms. We have answered requests like these before saying that we have no plans to open such realms, and this is very much still the case today.

We realize that some of you feel that World of Warcraft was more fun in the past than it is today, and we also know that some of you would like nothing more than to go back and play the game as it was back then. The developers however prefer to see the game continuously evolve and progress, and as such we have no plans to open classic realms or limited expansion content realms.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-07-27 at 11:46 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I wanted to say: It's time to move forward past this.. And then I saw the poll!

WOW, people want to be in Grind mode for life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by metasine View Post
    Blizzard is right to say that legacy servers are a bad idea. Not because the old Wow was bad, but because there would be no content flow. Vanilla/BC servers would be good until you hit the max level of content, then what?
    Well that's just ridiculous tbfh, say if you start with URBS, release a patch every ~6 months (can't be too fast, only 2 items dropping every boss /40man remember, maybe 4 months). It would be UBRS--->MC--->BWL/ZG--->Aq40/20---->Naxx which would take 2.5 years to be released which is such an incredibly long time. You make it sound like we would run out of content in 2 weeks and quit again. After Naxx is out for half a year or so, you could just start another realm and leave the old one intact, or start a new realm once AQ comes out for the people that missed the train the first time around. (Heck if 2.5 years is too short, you could always release TBC after Naxx).

The private realm I played on actually worked like this (BWL is out now I believe after leveling (which takes ~12 days of playtime) and farming MC for almost a year) and it works perfectly, feels very much like actual progress raid wise. So it is being done atm on a private level and works perfectly, no reason not to do it because of 'content flow'.

Now seeing as they are trying to squeeze every bit of cash out of us with the cash shop right now, and the coin-stuff incoming, I don't see it being impossible anyone for blizzard to make these realms available. If there's cash to be made (there are I believe many people that would pay a sub for it, at least a LOT of people that would try it for a month or so) I see them doing this sometime in the future. I guess a lot of people that would try it are not paying a wow sub anymore and have quit anyways, they wouldn't feel a loss in "regular' wow subs as much I think.

Deleted
    Have you ever heard idea of progressive server? Vanilla>tbc>wotlk>cata>mop>next expansion. You can have your journey from start up until newest expansion if you want to. Let's say every expansion will last 1 year up to max 1,5 year.
    Open ONE vanilla server, when time come move to TBC and so on, its that simple and eventually that kind of realm will catch up to current version so ppl saying there will be no new content just cant use brain and think that having legacy server does not mean to stay that way forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No. And they're never going to make them.
    If there is enough interest, they might consider making them after all.

I'd personally like to re-experience some vanilla, TBC moments. MoP at this current state is terribly boring to me

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guys hes not asking to make these servers, hes just asking if you would play them or not. For me I would definitely play BC and not vanilla and out of pure boredom from the current expac as I wont stay on a server with just no content for the rest of its time being active, I mean I missed wrath and played on a private server for a month or so then I got pretty bored and decided to move on. One of the reasons why blizz wont make them is that after 4 months of them opening it would be a wasteland.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    If there is enough interest, they might consider making them after all.
    There's more than enough interest. Just check the EU forums about 3 threads were opened the same day asking for classic/bc server and blizz will always say no.