Poll: What do you think Warcraft the Movie will be like?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'll keep an open mind because Duncan Jones is directing.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's veryyyy early for this thread isn't it?..

No one knows.

It seems like it has gone through development hell, and most movies that go that way don't end up looking pretty.

I think it'll be rubbish. If it's good, I get pleasantly surprised!
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    I'm sure it will be a great movie, I imagine it will be like Lotr just with Warcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    It has the potential to be amazing and change the outlook many people have on world of warcraft.

I hope it succeeds, but it could go either way.

I'm assume it's going to be a bit better and less cheesy than other video game movies, but it won't be a rousing success either. I mean, it wouldn't stretch the imagination too much to see it being a lot better than say the Doom movie. I highly doubt it'll be a hit movie, topping box office charts though. Not to mention WoW, and the Warcraft series itself, is pretty old. I think most people really only know World of Warcraft, and it's been around so long that people tend to lose interest in it.

I mean, the audience for video game movies in general is kind of specific most of the time. It's people who have played the game, actually liked the game, and want to see a live adaptation of that game. WoW is huge, and was even bigger, but I don't think it's currently "hot" enough or popular enough to pull in large portions of non-WoW players. They might have a hard time pulling in WoW players as well, given how discontent people seem to be with the in-game lore.
    Last edited by link4117; 2013-07-28 at 01:55 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a movie base on the Warcraft IP not World of Warcraft!! From the teaser showed at comic-con it look like they going with the orc & human storyline so playing it save!

Movies based on computer/video games tend be disastrously bad.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleti View Post
    It seems like it has gone through development hell, and most movies that go that way don't end up looking pretty.
    I wouldn't say development hell just yet. If they started filming and kept pushing the dates back I'd agree with you. Its really just taking a little bit too long to get off the ground. If anything they shouldn't have announced Sam Raimi all those years ago considering it was always planned that he'd do Oz before this.

Quote Originally Posted by Meleti View Post
    A lot more movies than you are aware of sit on the back burner.

Warcraft only had issues because Metzen has creative control over the script and he kept rejecting scripts for damn near 6 years. All the issues seem to have cleared up when Duncan Jones and Chris Leavitt were brought on board. Filming starts early next year.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know Blizzard is known of their high Quality products, as blizzard them self has told to the press, we either make the movie the best movie there is, or we won't make any at all. It takes time but they do their best to make it better then any game Movie ever made. Blizzard isn't dumb. They know how to play chest.

Also we can't judge a thing yet, since we don't know anything about movie or have seen it.
    So let's wait a little longer, shall we?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I think it will tank hard; unless they have very strong CGI mixed in with the live action. Maybe I'm just jaded by the old live action adaptations like street fighter and mario bros. I also think if they use any known characters, if they don't look as we expect, there will be serious backlash.

I didn't see tomb raider or silent hill. resident evil was decent. But raiding tombs and zombie movies aren't the same as orcs, trolls, tauren. We have a very 'stylized' game by their own admission; cartoony doesn't translate to realistic very well.

What I don't understand is why do they need -anyone- to make a movie for them. We can see the quality of their CGI team (or contracts); look at the MoP cinematic, look at the heart of the swarm cinematic. They created the universe, they should be able to control the story and the art, and make an amazing movie in house. Something doesn't add up. And the vivendi thing proved they had the resources in cash to fund a movie many times over.

It will get in the 10s of millions in the box office, just because a lot of current and past players will check it out.

The risk is, it could push more people away from the WoW universe if it isn't amazing. It has to be good, or they are shooting themselves in the foot. They are hyper-marketing themselves ... and that isn't always a good thing.

Too early and way too little of info to even make a guess right now imo

They should have made the movie back when WoW was at its prime, such as during BC or WotLK. I just feel that the hype has fizzled completely, both with the game itself and this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    If that's true that's the nail in the coffin for it, for me anyway.
    i dont get this mentality.

you people realize metzen has been in charge of wow since forever right?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont get this mentality.

you people realize metzen has been in charge of wow since forever right?
    George Lucas was always in charge of Star Wars. Never prevented the prequel series from being utter bollocks.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Prancing Minstrel View Post
    I have low expectations, the only surprise I'll get is a good one.
    Best way to go about it. I don't think I could handle the disappointment if I actually bought into the hype.

I can't imagine how miserable I'd have been if Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit sucked. I was super hyped for those.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    George Lucas was always in charge of Star Wars. Never prevented the prequel series from being utter bollocks.
    thats because before the prequels lucas didnt have full control he wasnt the only one who could decide things.

metzen has always been the big honcho when it comes to wow lore
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552