Poll: What do you think Warcraft the Movie will be like?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    It will be Meh, like all movies made after video games. There are no big names announced to star in it either, so it's clear Blizzard is barely trying and the movie's purpose is likely to advertise for wow.

Deleted
    I have yet to see a decent movie based on a videogame so my expectations are really, really low. Which is probably a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Mists of Pandaria in itself was already a step towards more childrens content, which should be obvious if you compare it to how the previous expansions were presented instead. This trend of going towards more childrens oriented content and goodies has been going since before MoP launched now. And they're only taking it further lately...
    This tired old argument... Not that it holds any water seeing as how there has been plenty of merchandise put out during MoP that is pretty much par the course for the kinds of merchandise they've always put out. Novels, comics, weapon replicas, apparel, cards, and so on. And no sign of any of that stopping.

This isn't a new trend in their merchandise, it's just more merchandise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    Given what I heard about the first draft (told from the PoV of an Alliance Paladin about the evil Horde) I'm of a distinctly negative mindset about this movie. I definitely won't be seeing it at release.
    Yeah, if this movie turns out to basically be shitting on the Horde, I'll pass.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

It will show 10 people fighing a giant monster and 15 people just standing still with an "afk" sign on their heads.

LFR: The movie.

15+ Year Old Account
    about as much as you'll let it.

nerds are critical of every inch of every line, so go in that theater with a grain of salt (but I know you wont).

Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    Probably pretty awfully.

Video game adaptations usually are pretty godawful, and Warcraft's story (post Frozen Throne) hasn't exactly been... deep. It's more Saturday morning cartoon than anything else.

And then there are those godawful novels and novellas. Good lord.

Warcraft's story problem isn't limited to the movie...
    lol assuming pre TFT's stories were good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    It will show 10 people fighing a giant monster and 15 people just standing still with an "afk" sign on their heads.

LFR: The movie.
    It will also be rated M for the strong language.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Mists of Pandaria in itself was already a step towards more childrens content, which should be obvious if you compare it to how the previous expansions were presented instead. This trend of going towards more childrens oriented content and goodies has been going since before MoP launched now. And they're only taking it further lately...

err wut? one lighthearted xpac doesn't mean it will be new direction.... Next xpac will likely be about legion. Even in MoP,I think it's more mature than previous xpacs. I can't understand your logic really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be alright but it will make massive amounts of money regardless of how good or bad it is.

What bothers me about the movie is, that it will cost (according to Metzen) north of 100 million $ wich, I think is not enough for a movie of that proportion. North of 200 mill will be enough judged by the CGI cost of John Carter of Mars, it costed 220-250 mill and they (the visual effects) were amazing (unlike the movie itself).
    Last edited by evil_bono; 2013-07-28 at 10:24 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    My gut-feeling says meh but I sure hope it turns out to be awesome.
    All I want for the movie is to be better than Man of Steel. I was bored after the first couple of mins. The best thing about MoS was when it ended imo. So if they do better than that, the movie could be great

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    ooh yes.. get them confused.... well put indiana jones in place of star wars, and put space aliens held in underground tombs and ants that speed eat you instead of jarjar.

also.. it was kind of south park that drew my attention to warcraft to begin with. kind of ironic.
    the new Indiana jonese movie was George Lucas's idea actually, and Spielberg didn't even want to do it. Essentially the only reason he signed on was to make sure Lucas didn't manage o completely ruin the series, and to make a couple dollars.

Spielberg is a far better film maker than Lucas. Jurassic Park, Jaws, E.T., Close Encounters With the Third Kind, Saving Private Ryan, Schindler's List etc... The only Spielberg directed movie I would say was bad was the War of the Worlds remake (and Krystal skull, but that was Lucas's fault).

Deleted
    Really hoping for a decent movie

Too early for me to speculate, but as a optimist I voted that it's going to be good.

Seeing how cautious and careful Blizzard has been with getting it started, I imagine they would do everything they can to insure it doesn't blow.

Especially considering that it could act as a huge advertisement for WoW, gotta get dem subs back.
    Currently playing: Stuff
    YouTube|Hearthstone Decks|Twitter|MyAnimeList

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has a lot to work against.

Video movies are considered bad by most nowadays, there really isn't any good live action video based movies out there. I ask you all to name one (it has to be live action).

Considering this premise, and considering world of warcraft is a pretty silly concept to begin with, with a storyline that cuts from other franchises, they are very hard pressed to try and appeal this to the movie going public, which is a completely different creature to the gaming community.
    #boycottchina

I think it will largely depend on the cast and how true it will stay to the franchise and the quantity of special effects and explosions.

I don't get how people can be "so-so" about this. It's a freaking Warcraft movie, the first one, for christ's sake. I've been expecting this since the days I was campaigning in Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos. Even if it sucks, it will still be worth watching, and going to the cinema for it. Unless you are into other types of games, then yes, this movie is not worth bothering for.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Blizzard has a lot to work against.

Video movies are considered bad by most nowadays, there really isn't any good live action video based movies out there. I ask you all to name one (it has to be live action).

Considering this premise, and considering world of warcraft is a pretty silly concept to begin with, with a storyline that cuts from other franchises, they are very hard pressed to try and appeal this to the movie going public, which is a completely different creature to the gaming community.
    Hell, LOTR was a silly premise and it did well. A bunch of big-footed gnomes have to go save the world by throwing a magical ring into a volcano.
    Currently playing: Stuff
    YouTube|Hearthstone Decks|Twitter|MyAnimeList