Poll: What do you think Warcraft the Movie will be like?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    not sure how good it will be but they will need to be very careful when they release it sense 2015 will also have star wars and avengers: age of ultron

I think its rather premature to try to make conjectures on the success of the movie since IIRC the lore base around the movie has not even been released yet. Really, its all based around what point in the warcraft lore timeline they are going to make the movie. If its around the scourge and the rise of Arthas as the lich king then I believe it has a shot. If its around deathwing and the cata arch I do not think it will fair well at all.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

There are so many different storylines to follow, I just hope that they choose to focus on the right one. Hopefully, you guys can back me up here but the central plot deals with the Legion. Similar to the opening of The Hobbit, I think a short but hearty backstory of Alliance and the Horde would fit nicely. The Well of Eternity plot also has a thick body to it ranging from Tyrande/Malfurion/Illidan's love triangle leading to the inclusion of Azshara and Sargeras. In terms of character development, the only rival that Illidan holds is Arthas' transformation into the Lich King. Assuming a trilogy, I can't see the movies portraying the death of Sargeras until we see it in game. And the death of Sargeras can only mean one thing, the conclusion of the World of Warcraft. I've been spilling my thoughts out, but does the movie stamp the expiration date on the game?

Quote Originally Posted by brandox View Post
    There are so many different storylines to follow, I just hope that they choose to focus on the right one. Hopefully, you guys can back me up here but the central plot deals with the Legion. Similar to the opening of The Hobbit, I think a short but hearty backstory of Alliance and the Horde would fit nicely. The Well of Eternity plot also has a thick body to it ranging from Tyrande/Malfurion/Illidan's love triangle leading to the inclusion of Azshara and Sargeras. In terms of character development, the only rival that Illidan holds is Arthas' transformation into the Lich King. Assuming a trilogy, I can't see the movies portraying the death of Sargeras until we see it in game. And the death of Sargeras can only mean one thing, the conclusion of the World of Warcraft. I've been spilling my thoughts out, but does the movie stamp the expiration date on the game?
    I agree with many of your points. I feel the Arthas storyline would prove to be rather powerful and many of the players in WoW would see familiarity with it since that was when WoW got the massive explosion it had. I think that would be a better course of action for this movie since well, Arthas' popularity really does rivals that of Illidans. Besides if they were to show the rise of the lich king and make this into a 3 part Illidan would have a nice role in the beginning of the trilogy if they were to go that way which can then spin off into how Illidan gained control of outland after his defeat at the hands of arthas.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

I believe they should get this guy to make the movie.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

without sam raimi or at least peter jackson as a director i do not see any hope for it.

i mean duncon jones moon was a good and silent movie. But WARcraft is about war and action......they use the wrong director, this can only fail.

And Metzen will bring in something along the lines like "green jesus" for sure -.-
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2013-07-28 at 02:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am thinking it will be average to average/good. I don't see it being bad, but I don't see it blowing our minds either.

Quote Originally Posted by brandox View Post
    I would like to see a "Lord of the Rings-esque" beginning, possibly explaining how the legion was thwarted at the Well of Eternity to ensure the safety of Azeroth for an Age, then going into how they would find other servants to do their bidding and then fade out and in to a collage of some sort with Medivh and Gul'dan.

I'm thinking centering the movie around ancient back story is too distant for most folks and you really can't make it from the future as that can and would impact future expansions.

In my head, the beginning of the First War between Orcs and Men is the place to start. You can throw in some Medivh & Garona for forbidden romance and the possibly even the assassination of King Llane for effect.

Warcraft began as the illegitimate offspring from a union of Tolkien's and Lovecraft's works, and if the writers stay true to that I think a good story will follow.
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2013-07-28 at 06:03 PM.

Deleted
    I think it would be alot better if they made it in CGI but who knows, it might still be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's directed by Zowie Bowie. Of course it will be good.

Deleted
    It might be like the Tekken movie

GOD AWFUL

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the sensible thing is to let them make it first.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I hope its good. I think blizzard is banking on people seeing said movie and then coming back to the game or starting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am really hoping that it turns out to be well received and well made. If it is successful it could really open the floodgates to WoW subs, but if it tanks then I don't see it affecting subs at all. If it is lousy most subs will shrug it off as they should have known better. Would still like to see Sam Raimi produce this, then all the out of work Spartacus actors could make some awesome battle scenes.

It'll probably suck like most video game movies.

Deleted
    I have faith in Duncan Jones!

I'm really torn between it being all CGI or actual acting. I think all CGI would be the way to go, but if they can get a cast, crew and budget to build amazing sets, and more-so amazing actors going a LotR-style, I can see it being a huge hit.

Sadly, I fear a majority of typical movie-goers won't even bother to see it purely due to the WoW name.