10+ Year Old Account

Aether 2 problems (installation?)

Well, I'm seriously pulling my hair out at this point, and not sure if I'm stupid, or if something else is.

I have the Aether 2 client installed. That's all good, I believe. The problem is the server. The server RUNS, and I can connect just fine, but I don't... think Aether 2 is working? So here's what I've done.

Get new minecraft_server.jar (1.5.2)
    Open server jar, drop Minecraft Forge files into it.
    Drop Player API files into it
    Drop Player Render API files into it
    Close server jar, run it, let it propogate all the files and download stuff (do I need to do this before API stuff?)
    Drop the Aether 2 1.5.2 version zip file into the server/mods/ folder
    Run server. At this point, it runs the server just dandy... Except... I can't get the Aether Portal to work. 5x4 glowstone + water and.. nothing.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure on the details of what you're trying to install but something like the Player Render API isn't required on servers as all the rendering for the game is handled by the client.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to all the tutorials I'm following, it's what you have to do. I honestly haven't modded a server or done much besides installing stuff like Optifine before. I just fix maps T_T.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I see what you're doing. If the mod is worldgen you need to have that installed on first run. When a server first starts running it generates a world and will run with that. Delete the /World folder and start the server again. It will re-gen a world and you should be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not using Worldgen as far as I'm aware. Using MCForge + Aether 2.

The Aether 2 directions say to "Install it like any MCForge Mod" which... I'm under the impression you just chuck MCForge into the minecraft_server.jar, and then the Aether2.zip mod into the /mods folder.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'm not using Worldgen as far as I'm aware. Using MCForge + Aether 2.

The Aether 2 directions say to "Install it like any MCForge Mod" which... I'm under the impression you just chuck MCForge into the minecraft_server.jar, and then the Aether2.zip mod into the /mods folder.
    Right, but if the mod involves creating specific blocks in the world then that will have to be done when the world is created. In your OP you said :

Close server jar, run it, let it propogate all the files and download stuff (do I need to do this before API stuff?)
    Drop the Aether 2 1.5.2 version zip file into the server/mods/ folder
    Just delete the world folder and it will re-gen a new world using the mod's instructions and blocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blarghh. I tried that too (backing up the old world). Aether 2 does require the player/render API on the server as well, but... I dunno. I'm following these instructions to the letter and it just isn't happening. The Minecraft forums aren't much help either T_T

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, I think I may have located the issue, but not sure how to solve it. On the server panel, I'm seeing this:

2013-07-28 14:05:54 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Searching C:\Users\OWNER\Desktop\Aether\mods for mods
    2013-07-28 14:05:54 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Forge Mod Loader has identified 3 mods to load
    2013-07-28 14:05:54 [INFO] [mcp] Activating mod mcp
    2013-07-28 14:05:54 [INFO] [FML] Activating mod FML
    2013-07-28 14:05:54 [INFO] [Forge] Activating mod Forge
    2013-07-28 14:05:54 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] FML has found a non-mod file aether_1.5.2_1.0.zip in your mods directory. It will now be injected into your classpath. This could severe stability issues, it should be removed if possible.
    How is it not seeing that as a non-mod file? Am I supposed to do something different than just dropping the zip file into the /mods folder?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure it requires render player API on the server? The front page for the mod says it doesn't.

15+ Year Old Account
    How is it not seeing that as a non-mod file? Am I supposed to do something different than just dropping the zip file into the /mods folder?
    You have to extract files from the zip. The actual mod is a jar file.

From the FAQ:

1. In the Windows search bar, type “%appdata%” and hit enter. In the folder that opens, go to the folder called .minecraft.
    2. Get a CLEAN Minecraft 1.5.2 setup. If you are not on Minecraft 1.5.2, you download it here. Just drop that file in .minecraft/bin.
    3. Extract "aether_1.5.2_1.0.zip"
    4. In the Windows search bar, type “%appdata%” and hit enter. In the folder that opens, go to the folder called .minecraft.
    5. Drop the extracted "aether_1.5.2_1.0.jar" into the "mods" folder in .minecraft.
    6. Drop the extracted "playercoreapi_1.5.2_1.0.jar" into the "coremods" folder in .minecraft.
    7. You’re done! Enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Are you sure it requires render player API on the server? The front page for the mod says it doesn't.
    The FAQ on aethermod.net
    Q. Does the Aether II work with multiplayer?
    A. Yes indeed! You can install the Aether II to any Forge server just like any Forge mod. Just remember to install Player API and Render Player API to the server as well before installing the Aether II, and that all players connecting will have to have the Aether II installed.
    Those also look like the 1.5.1 instructions. I don't know if that's changed since 1.5.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Those are instructions on how to get Aether 2 working for single player. I have that working just fine.

I've tested Aether 2 single player, and have it working fine. I can create a portal, and go over there. My issue is that on the server, the portal won't activate. I'm fairly certain it has to do with the server mod aspect, and it not recognizing the mod.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ima set one up real quick and see what I get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ima set one up real quick and see what I get.
    Let me know if you're using 1.5.1 or 1.5.2. MCMulti seems to work fine for me on the client side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok. Everything seems to be working fine. Using 1.5.2, this is what I did.

1. DL Forge
    2. DL Aether 2
    3. Open up your minecraft_server.jar and copy everything from the forge zip into it. (no need to delete meta-inf anymore)
    4. Run minecraft_server.jar. Then close it when it's done.
    5. Open the Aether zip you downloaded and place playercoreapi into the coremods folder and place Aether 1.5.2.whatever into the mods folder.
    6. You do not need to install anything else. Forge and the Aether zip are the only 2 things you need to DL.
    7. Make sure you do the same with the client side (using Multi-MC is fine, it's what I did.)

Went onto the server and made the portal with no prob.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    You were right, sorta >.>

The single player instructions say that's how to do it. The multiplayer instructions that Aethermod gives show them dropping the zip straight into the mods folder. So... their instructions are bunk, basically. =/ But yes, doing what Greevir told me to do fixed it. All I really needed to do was move the two jars to the appropriate folders, like in single player.
    Ok. Everything seems to be working fine. Using 1.5.2, this is what I did.
    Works now. Thank you both.

15+ Year Old Account
    You were right, sorta >.>

The single player instructions say that's how to do it. The multiplayer instructions that Aethermod gives show them dropping the zip straight into the mods folder. So... their instructions are bunk, basically. =/ But yes, doing what Greevir told me to do fixed it. All I really needed to do was move the two jars to the appropriate folders, like in single player.

Works now. Thank you both.
    Cool. It's weird though. Generally speaking mods aren't distributed in a way that requires you to extract them in order to get the proper files. The author(s) should really consider releasing both parts separately and providing proper instructions. For future reference almost all Forge mods work in the same way for both client and server. The only exceptions are mods that handle renders such as GUI's, capes, skins, textures or things like Optifine or mods that manipulate water. Anything like that would be handled by your client.

Have fun! Mod looks cool, I may try it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a lot of experience with mods (I personally abhor technic and the like, due to the havoc it wreaks on attempting to fix maps), but the Forge Server video literally shows the guy dragging and dropping the mods .zip files from the single player mods folder, to the server mods folder.

I noticed that it says at the beginning that "This video is now obsolete" and adds "There isnt a new video yet". I couldn't tell if that meant it is obsolete in comparison to Minecraft 1.6 (which aether 2 does not work on yet), or that they were acknowledging the issue of it being incorrect >.<

I tried installing Aether 1 a long time ago and gave up, but when I saw that MP was supported, I wanted to give it a whack again. It seemed easy enough at the time >.>

15+ Year Old Account
    Well the important thing is you got it working and you learned something in the process!