Thread: Do You Jog?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'm pretty jealous, that sounds great. I run an ugly ass suburban sprawl visage of horror.
    Yeah it's not bad, free entrance, there is donation boxes though, the lower gardens is a nice place to go with mates or the girlfriend for a picnic in the sun to. Bakis got dibs on the best running tracks in town though. Not sure he actually utilize it though. lol
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I normally just end up running almost full out, unless I'm really tired that day. I prefer to keep my runs short so I can do other things, so my jogging/running is focused on high intensity to make up for the loss of time. A quick 16 min 4km run works as good as a slow 8km run taking 35 mins.

Two miles a day 4 days a week along with battle ropes and strength conditioning.

Used to jog but after moving to a big city I stopped because jogging with cars everywhere sucks. My apartment building has a nice pool so I swim in the mornings.

I used to hate to run but when I started to train for a 5k I actually enjoyed it. My problem is I keep screwing up my right heel. Not sure what causes it aside from running but it's happened about 4 times and I basically can't walk on my foot for about a week. So I ride my bike or use the elliptical instead. Which bums me out because I'd love to be one of those people who can run 10+ miles outside.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I used to hate to run but when I started to train for a 5k I actually enjoyed it. My problem is I keep screwing up my right heel. Not sure what causes it aside from running but it's happened about 4 times and I basically can't walk on my foot for about a week. So I ride my bike or use the elliptical instead. Which bums me out because I'd love to be one of those people who can run 10+ miles outside.
    There's a good chance this is actually plantar fasciitis. Read up more at Runner's World here. This can be a really nagging injury, but it can also be treated, so there's a good chance you'll be able to ratchet up the miles if you can get some help with it. I had trouble with it in spring, but it's more or less gone away with the use of inserts in my shoes, a foam roller, and a lacrosse ball (also for rolling).

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I do not jog, I run
    Define your running?
    At least for me running is 80-100% of your maximum speed and anything lower than that is jogging. Personally I probably cant RUN more than 1km or so... But I can JOG 10km or more quite easily :P But let's not nitpick here!

I jog sometimes but I dont really like it. It just seems so... aimless. I like running/jogging in the midst of some sport (like football) though!
    I usually prefer rollerskating or swimming as far as "aimless" cardio goes :P

I've seen a couple different definitions used. It seems that people usually consider 9 or 10 minute miles the break point for where someone is now "jogging" instead of "running". I actually have been running slowly lately, since I'm trying to build up a base for marathons, so I apparently I lied... these days I both jog and run. But generally, I like running quite a bit better. It's a pretty semantic difference, but I've just seen that reply from a bunch of snarky runners, and I liked it

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved jogging I use to go after work every morning but my knees are getting pretty bad. Probably from playing sports throughout middle school and high school. So I just end using the elliptical or stair master when I go to the gym. Its not as fun or as nice as being outside but its saves my knees from aching.

There's a good chance this is actually plantar fasciitis. Read up more at Runner's World here. This can be a really nagging injury, but it can also be treated, so there's a good chance you'll be able to ratchet up the miles if you can get some help with it. I had trouble with it in spring, but it's more or less gone away with the use of inserts in my shoes, a foam roller, and a lacrosse ball (also for rolling).
    The first time it occurred I went to see my doctor because I thought I got a fracture or something. He sent me to get custom orthotics and stated: Rather than trying to treat what occured lets just make sure it happens again. So I took his advice, got custom orthotics and then it happened again, twice. =/ I figured it was this as well but I believe it has to do with the way I run since all the times it's happened it's only in my right foot.

Signature Created by Jassinta

10+ Year Old Account
    I run randomly whenever I feel like it, sometimes long distances couple miles, sometimes short up hill if I can find a hill.

About 5 KM every other day...but on a treadmill :P
    Also about 10 km on a bike.
    Have a torn PCL and a removed meniscus, jogging on harder terrain would ruin my knee further. My gym's treadmill has a padded surface and it feels like running on air, along with running shoes. Thinking about changing my cardio to the eliptical though, as it's less stressful to the knees. On the other hand, I enjoy running the most when it comes to cardio.
    Last edited by Marthenil; 2013-08-03 at 03:57 PM.

Deleted
    Yea, I used to do it outside before but now Im using a treadmill. It's so much better as I don't have to worry about getting sweaty and red and hyperventilating and messy hair and 1000s of other things I don't want people to see.

Yep. Have been the past 5 years, since I started high school cross country my freshman year.

Every day, I wake at 5 to run, usually do 8 or so miles in the morning. Do another 10ish after work in the evening. Been trying to increase a little bit since I want to do marathons soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Yea, I used to do it outside before but now Im using a treadmill. It's so much better as I don't have to worry about getting sweaty and red and hyperventilating and messy hair and 1000s of other things I don't want people to see.
    To me that just sounds bizarre. Surely everyone on this planet knows that you get sweaty when you jog and isn't bothered about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I run in the morning 4-5 days a week to stay fit for my job.

I also run at night sometimes after I get off work because it is very stressful and running is the only way I know to help me cope with it.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I need my knees replaced jogging is out, however swimming is a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    Define your running?
    I have my own definition for jogging/running:

Faster than 4 min/km = running, equal to at least 15 km/h, everything slower than that is jogging.
    If you just go to a place where a lot of people run/jog, you will find out, that with 4 min/km you leave at least 95% of them behind you.

I personally can run a single km in under 3:30 and I run like 3200-3300 meters for the cooper test (WR would be something like 4800 meters).
    I'm trying to improve my numbers, and I see some potential here as I have a little bit of overweight at the moment.

Btw. the Saucony Kinvara are the best shoes for running, for me at least. Haven't found anything better yet. Lightweight and minimalistic and they have only 4 mm offset, that's still pretty uncommon for running shoes.

http://www.saucony.com/saucony/image...t_Kinvara4.pdf
    Last edited by Sarevoc; 2013-08-10 at 10:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not do any work outs of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevoc View Post
    Faster than 4 min/km = running, equal to at least 15 km/h, everything slower than that is jogging.
    I'm going to be blunt - your definition is fucking stupid. That pace is a 3:08 marathon. Are you really, honestly going to say that a 3:10 marathoner is not a runner, but just jogging?