Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Patch 5.4 is the final raid patch for Mists of Pandaria and ends with players defeating Garrosh and setting events in motion for a new warchief. Unfortunately, we will have to wait a little bit longer to see who that will be.
    The devs aren't ready to talk about any WoW 10th anniversary events yet, but they are still working on plans for it.
    The team takes more of a long term view of when making changes now. They are thinking about not only the next expansion, but the one after that when they make changes.
    The amount of class spells has continued to rise over the years, so Mists of Pandaria made an attempt to cut down on the excess. Future expansions will make a bigger effort to do so as well.
    Adding additional spell effects for classes is nice, but it has to be balanced with adding even more visual noise to raid encounters. Bosses and player skills that are used less frequently will likely get the more impressive effects, rather than the filler spells used in rotations.
    There are a few leveling areas that need stronger guards, such as around the Dark Portal in Blasted Lands.
    Adding a new classes has to be done cautiously, but adding another hero class in the future is still a possibility.
    Monks were not a hero class because the low level story of the Wandering Isle fit them very well, but their population is still low due to having to level them up from level 1.
    WoW won't be going free to play anytime soon, as Blizzard is happy with the current business model. Even if they wanted to make it into a microtransaction based game, it couldn't be done with how gameplay works today.
    The devs want people to be able to catch up faster so that they can play with friends, which is why they are testing the experience buff and other convenience items in the Blizzard store. There is no desire to move towards a pay to win style game.
    Nails in the coffin is what i took this as. Glad i unsubbed, every time GC talks is full of arrogant bs.

this forcing tanks to pick up tanking meta gem is pure bs

Quote Originally Posted by vMoPPy View Post
    And Moveth gets first comment again! :P

But really, the crow looks awesome! I love it!
    You know it!

10+ Year Old Account
    So much time spent getting the raven lord... sigh

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    i gave up on GC.

Deleted
    Calling it out right now: Next Exp will have to do with N'zoth or some kind of Druid stuff like Emerald Dream - If the Stormcrow and the Fey Dragon don't make it into the Game this Expac - What kind of Addon would fit for a Fairy Dragon Mount or a Stormcrow other than those?

10+ Year Old Account
    Stormcrow looks pretty cool! So obviously it's going to be another store mount -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    Calling it out right now: Next Exp will have to do with N'zoth or some kind of Druid stuff like Emerald Dream - If the Stormcrow and the Fey Dragon don't make it into the Game this Expac - What kind of Addon would fit for a Fairy Dragon Mount or a Stormcrow other than those?
    The in game store addon?
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

So GC goes one way then yanks us back to into the pit of despair...Does he not have a wife or a mother or some sort of reality check?

My stormcrow mount shall be named Gandalf!

Ghostcrawler seems to lack vision. It's like everything they are doing is reactionary. And the result is pretty obvious. Pvp a mess, classes almost all the same and most quirky and fun aspects of classes or specs streamlined out. Remember when heroic strike was an on next attack spell? Or slam a spell with a short cast? Both lost anything that made them unique.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    Good point... we saw the spirit of the aspects model around the end of Cataclysm. Turned out to be a teaser for the cloud serpent aesthetic. Oddly suspicious that the faerie dragon and stormcrow are showing up around the end of MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Alulian View Post
    i gave up on GC.
    i did to. I wonder what this game would be like if he wasn't at the head of the table.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Good point... we saw the spirit of the aspects model around the end of Cataclysm. Turned out to be a teaser for the cloud serpent aesthetic. Oddly suspicious that the faerie dragon and stormcrow are showing up around the end of MoP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhaine View Post
    Invincible/Mimirons head are level 20 too so it may be a raid drop
    This gives me hope that they will be attainable in game rather then the store here is to hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkypinky View Post
    i did to. I wonder what this game would be like if he wasn't at the head of the table.
    Except he was never "head of table", Kalgan (Tom Chilton) is the Game Director of World of Warcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Heart of the Aspects had -nothing- to do with the Cloud Serpents. It wasn't a teaser, it was part of the Dragon Soul raid -- hence the name 'Heart of the Aspects'. It was used to kill Deathwing. The Heart of the Aspects isn't even the same skeleton or model as Cloud Serpents.
    Bawkasaur - Feral PvE | Bawk - Feral PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkypinky View Post
    How much does GC have to say about the game development?

I am just curious. Blizzard could not and should not let one man be in charge on the way game should be designed regarding class mechanics etc.

I am even wondering why they use GC when they can see that allmost none are satisfied by his work. He can't put a stick into a pile of shit without breaking both.

Deleted
    This stormcrow looks great, but i think it will be another store mount like the giant chameleon with wings^^

How much does GC have to say about the game development?

I am just curious. Blizzard could not and should not let one man be in charge on the way game should be designed regarding class mechanics etc.

I am even wondering why they use GC when they can see that allmost none are satisfied by his work. He can't put a stick into a pile of shit without breaking both.
    why do people think it's all GC
    he is just lead community game MANAGER, who is responsible before players for what game designers do

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    haha that's exactly what I thought when I saw it. I envisioned the blizz team sitting around a giant conference table at a morning meeting going over a laundry list and someone saying "why give it away for free when you can make millions off it."

Sad to say, but long gone are the days of anything actually worthwhile going in the game before the store.
    erm...The three ugly-as-frek cosmetic helmets catering to the 11-year olds count as worthwhile, even the only worthwhile in the entire game? Seriously?

The ove-reactions about the cosmetic helmets are so insanely ridculously pathetic it's not even funny anymore. It's three cosmetic (and ugly childish) helmets versus an entire game world, and you guys claim that the former is even remotely significant?

This is the worst case of losing perspective I've ever encounted, and I've seen some melodramatic s**t over the years in the online world.