Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    1. Make levels feel meaningful again. Getting a bunch of passives as one levels up (or spells they'll never use) feels boring. Talents used to give the player some interaction every level, but those are now reduced to once every 15 levels. Look from the perspective of a new player - no reward for leveling just means that levels really have no value anymore, just the end level. Revamp the talent system. Revamp what players get for leveling.

1a. The power levels at lower levels are ridiculous. Players can solo "at-level" raid content. Dungeon content is so trivial, nobody really puts in an effort. The difficulty of any instance pre-85 is lower than LFR. Its no wonder why some players feel lost with their character when they level cap.

2. Reduce the dependence of logging in every single day. Flip some of the dailies to weeklies. Introduce a reputation system that gives a % of the missed reputation for the day as "rested reputation," capping out at the daily maximum possible earned. The goal: get the players to not feel penalized if they miss a day or two of dailies.

3. More instances (dungeons, mostly) in expansions. Mists gave players the lowest amount of 5-mans in any expansion. When players are finished with dailies (as when their rep bar maxes out), they are so sick of them and head for heroics. After seeing a huge decrease in heroics (Cata had 14 at the end of the xpac, MoP currently has 9), they start to get boring.

4. **crazy, off the wall idea** Create "challenge" or "contest" servers where you could hold contests outside of arenas. Have one for speed goals and give out bind-on-account rewards for players that complete it under a set time (along with participation rewards). Another server for the first guild/group to clear content with cookie cutter characters/specs/gear. Hardcore PvP servers (where the character can't log in after dying, but gets a free transfer off server) is another possibility - something to get players playing WoW in a different way. To free up hardware for these servers...

5. Merge some servers. I don't care if you say that you increased server capacity and you want to make larger communities or if you just want to cut down on physical server space itself, it should be done with some servers that have identical types and time zones. Low population servers are no fun for quite a few players, especially if they are financially unable to fund a transfer.

Deleted
    1. Bring the World roaming again I don't care how. Fix what LFG LFR have done to the out world.

2. Make Events in the world that Require Horde x Aliance interaction (Ex: Gurubashi Arena, Dire Maul arena, Darkmoon Fair chest). Make me interact with the opposing faction outside battlegrounds plz.

3.If you really have to make casuals do the whole content, at least don't reward them with epic looking items. The hard content MUST ALWAYS be rewarded with the best looking armor in the game.

4.Game difficulty. Make me feel proud of myself for killing a raid boss. On Heroics case...well if we are going to farm them we will get tired of them, so making something that is supposed to be farmed really hard, it just gets frustrating.

5. World Pvp. Bring Rewards and ways to making people walk the streets again. Make me go to my faction main city ONLY for the Auction house. I want Objectives to do AFTER the gates of Orgrimmar and NOT QUEUED in main city waiting to enter instanced content.

And that's it...its all I want. Interaction in the world and remove the idea of only pleasing the casuals.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2013-07-30 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Anywho, my own points:

1. Keep listening to the playerbase
    2. Keep making the game more accessible
    3. Find a better way to balance out all types of players
    4. Keep doing what they're doing
    5. Keep doing what they're doing
    6. Sacifice Thrall's son to the Blood God Khorne
    7. Keep doing what they're doing
    This contributed absolutely nothing to the thread. Also we don't all want WoW to die like you apparently do. "Keep doing what they're doing" is a death knell for the game as it has been on a downward spiral for years now. It is impossible for them to keep doing what they're doing if they have any desire for the game to remain even remotely successful.

Unless they just wanna drive it into the ground on purpose and milk the remaining playerbase as much as possible. Which based on their conduct lately would appear to be the goal :/. So maybe your points are valid, but they certainly won't do anything for the growth and healthy sustainability of the game.

Deleted
    1 - Work on character progression for casuals, I play casually even though I know I am probably the best player in world. The Legendary quest chain is the only character progression for LFR'ers or dailies for rep to buy VP items (which isn't a fun way to rep grind)... the Legendary quest rewards are actually good ideas too, certainly something I want to get on my favourite character as it makes him considerabley more powerful.

2 - The talent system isn't that bad... it can be situationally great... but for a LFR'er it makes no difference at all to the outcome of any encounter... LFR makes it almost worthless, in Heroic raids I am pretty sure its quite the opposite. Solution, the way LFR is tuned shouldn't be ignoring mechanics... just lowering the DPS/Healing Requirement.

3 - New character models.

4 -

5 - Dailies, they work... they shouldnt really change, but they shouldnt become manditory, dailies were introduced as a way of stopping players buying gold and they should remain that way.

6 - Heroic 5 mans need to be reworked, especially after MoP, they started off as a way to quickly farm cap VP's... and during the end of the 2nd tier they are almost obselete, not just because of gear but because of the amount of alternative ways to cap VPs available, I myself very rarely do them anymore.
    Solution?
    - Remove VP reward from Heroic 5 mans. Blizzard need to re-establish them as actual content and make them appeal to players that want a challenge (casuals im looking at you), the worst thing about heroics is they reward VP's, this just adds a number constraints to the design philospy behind them...Blizzard have tried to balance them around the idea that they should be quickly farmed for everyone just to cap VP's.
    - Perhaps make them much more substantial, give players more reasons to want to do them. I'd like to see Larger 5 mans that encourage team work to overcome them, challenging bosses and trash, more rewarding loot - Recipes - Pets - Mounts - Tabards - Transmog items, possible class quests that continue each patch (similar to the legendary quest chain).

7 - Class quest that become available with new every new talent point you get, similar to the lock quest only not as challenging, a quest chain that is linked to the lore of your class and the theme of the expansion, something that puts use to new abilities gained in the expansion again I am talking more about the casual players... something that basically teaches new players that the best reward in the game is satisfaction of overcoming a challenge - perhaps at level cap the quest chain really becomes quite epic and puts you to the test.
    Last edited by mmoc68b089e3f9; 2013-07-30 at 02:45 AM.

I know it's only one but I believe fix world pvp. And by fix I mean like guards respecting the LOS system not being able to you through air. And quit increasing guards health and damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I'd like to believe the current LFR players would gladly shift to flex-size.
    Yeah sure but where do I find the regular hours for it? :-|
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Class quests that span the entirety of the questing experience and tell an ongoing story.
    2. Race quest chain that really educates the player on what it means to be Worgen, Gnome, Troll, etc.
    3. A place in your character screen (or Armory page) that you can write a character background for others to read. (Mods exist, but official format)(We need some RP love)
    4. Leveling options for veteran players not wishing to grind it up from 1. Could be a 'proving grounds' type of experience that requires you meet a certain level of proficiency to obtain a character at beginning of current xpac lvl.
    5. Update character models with many customizing features.
    6. Make some races able to be played by either faction. I play Alliance so I know that High Elves and Goblins are in our cities. Not sure what Alliance races have a presence in Horde towns.
    7. THE BIGGIE. A portion of the unsubbed players will always come back with a new expansion (especially if it is Legion themed). For WoW to be at the forefront of MMO gaming and have the monetary resources to bring great new content, it needs to attract new players. This is a very difficult task with an 'old' game. I think that a dungeon design studio is the answer. The ability to create and then share is a powerful tool (look no farther than Minecraft, or, for older gamers like me, the course design option in Excite Bike). Obviously restrictions and rules would have to be applied to make it relevant and worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickii View Post
    Add a hunger game type of BG.. pls x
    That would actually be...a really neat idea :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickii View Post
    Add a hunger game type of BG.. pls x
    SWTOR had an everyone vs. everyone zone. I was in a guild that would have naked runs through the zone and then another group go all "release the hounds" on them.

We could compare the Game-Playebase interaction to a relationship with a demanding schizophrenic (with a ton of multiple personalities each demanding smth different) and just think of THIS !

Could u handle it? Probably no. Did WoW handle it so far? IMO it's doing a rly good job and still learning how to cope.

Everytime u ask something try and think about the fact that other players might want the exact opposite; PLUS u know that awshum pony that u want? Yes that one. What do u do when it poops in the living room huh? <- [Wild Example] -> Be careful what u want

Deleted
    Reading this through should give you all a pretty good idea how impossible it is to be a blizzard dev. Everyone's asking for completely different and contradictary things

So GL with the changes to keep wow going!

1. Get new lead developers
    2. Get new lead developers
    3. Get new lead developers
    4. Get new lead developers
    5. Get new lead developers
    6. Get new lead developers
    7. Get new lead developers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Reading this through should give you all a pretty good idea how impossible it is to be a blizzard dev. Everyone's asking for completely different and contradictary things

So GL with the changes to keep wow going!
    Make a fun and engaging game that doesn't pander to micro managing small aspects of a bigger picture that have plenty of larger areas that need attention but don't get it.

&*^% the class balance rollercoaster
    fire all their HR and get some HR that know how to manage a company properly

It's not blizzards fault that their game is boring for some, it's bound to happend with any game. There isn't a single game out there that is better then wow and people know it and therefor they feel forced to continue to play even if they're bored of it.

On topic:

1: merge realms, I was on a low pop realm like Azjol-Nerub EU horde side and I moved to Draenor EU horde side, man it's like I got a new game. There is tot pugs all the time, I see LFM nalak and all other outdoor bosses. For the first time in atleast 2-3 years I feel like I don't have to be in a solid guild to get to raid some.

2: Make professions more engaging that leveling it up and crafting.

3: I think Blizzard need to get people into the world a lot more, so I suggest they take a look at Runescape and the slayer skill, where you get a task to kill this and that mob and certain mobs can only be dmged by certain slayer levels. I assume it will be hard to implement exactly that into wow but they could make something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    It's not blizzards fault that their game is boring for some, it's bound to happend with any game. There isn't a single game out there that is better then wow and people know it and therefor they feel forced to continue to play even if they're bored of it.

On topic:

1: merge realms, I was on a low pop realm like Azjol-Nerub EU horde side and I moved to Draenor EU horde side, man it's like I got a new game. There is tot pugs all the time, I see LFM nalak and all other outdoor bosses. For the first time in atleast 2-3 years I feel like I don't have to be in a solid guild to get to raid some.

2: Make professions more engaging that leveling it up and crafting.

3: I think Blizzard need to get people into the world a lot more, so I suggest they take a look at Runescape and the slayer skill, where you get a task to kill this and that mob and certain mobs can only be dmged by certain slayer levels. I assume it will be hard to implement exactly that into wow but they could make something similar.
    Super Mario isn't boring.

Deleted
    For me as a casual player:

1. Housing. The farm shows that housing can work in a very easy, useful, yet still epic form. Beside a farm just put a house that players can slowly build into a phased zone like the Mop Farm...

2. World PVP Zone with dungeon for faction who conquers it. I missed a Tol Barad/Wintergrasp zone in MoP. It was always fun.

3. Bring back tabards to gain reputation in dungeons. The dailies are just too much. Enough said. Wotlk rep system was perfect for me. I want to gain rep in other ways than through the boring grind.

4. Buff fishing. Cmon its about time. I like it but its mostly pretty useless.

5. Make ALL achievements accountwide. I think its kind of stupid that stuff like "Get 100k Valor points" is bound to one character. I want freedom to change chars without worrying about my achievement progress.

6. I would love to see the flexible raid system applied to every other OLD RAID. Meaning you can play the old content on endgame level. Now dont get me wrong, I dont think this will ever happen, but it would rock. For a challenge. For fun. Be honest: Noone plays the old stuff anymore because everyone rushes to endgame. YOu dont stop at Lv 70 for some months to raid Karazhan with your friends.

1. Merge Servers; many servers are dead.
    2. More ways to gain reputation, including being able to get rep. from BGs, because not all the rep. rewards are PVE oriented, as there are mounts and what not.
    3. Remove LFR, and LFD; bring the community back together.
    4. Make gold a faction, and server wide currency, so we don't have to continually mail it to alts.
    5. Paid profession transfer, so if we want to change professions we can without having to completely level them up again.
    6. Add in a sanctuary like Dalaran for the next expansion, and those thereafter.
    7. Make another awesome world PvP zone like Wintergrasp.

Quote Originally Posted by Aredyl View Post
    2. Reduce the dependence of logging in every single day. Flip some of the dailies to weeklies. Introduce a reputation system that gives a % of the missed reputation for the day as "rested reputation," capping out at the daily maximum possible earned. The goal: get the players to not feel penalized if they miss a day or two of dailies.
    This one should IMO also apply to profession cooldowns (alchemy transmute, tailoring's Imperial Silk, etc.) - we should be able to do seven of those per raid reset, for example, instead of one a day.

Deleted
    Absolutely nothing considered on this echo tunnel, for sure.

I know you guys detest LFR and the idea of others having the same sort of fun as you, but it's here to stay and, believe it or not, it was more of a good idea than a bad one.

For me it's always been about a few simple things.

1) separate PvP and PvE damage numbers - the impact one can have on the other is vast and it's just not fun for most players who get rofl stomped by fotm OP combos who can't be adjusted adequately because of the impact in another area of the game.

2) balance realm populations - It's no fun playing a MMO with 10-20 people on in your capital city during peak times. You have no economy and no pug encounters it basically cuts off huge portions of the game.

3) more intensive graphics upgrades whilst maintaining accessibility for low end users.

4) pumping out quality content at a good pace - see anything trion does with rift for perfect example.

Most os the suggestions dont have anything to do with new players.