Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    This is really a small point, but while I had my RAF going they had it so new characters automatically learned flight points that were suitable to their level. Ie, you already had the flight point for Westfall without having to run there first. I guess it was actually a bug, because it's since been removed. But imagine how difficult it is for a new player to run to those zones, having no clue how to get there? Especially for things like Southern Barrens. Heck I still don't know how to get there on foot. It's such a simple change that would make questing a lot easier for new players.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    This is really a small point, but while I had my RAF going they had it so new characters automatically learned flight points that were suitable to their level. Ie, you already had the flight point for Westfall without having to run there first. I guess it was actually a bug, because it's since been removed. But imagine how difficult it is for a new player to run to those zones, having no clue how to get there? Especially for things like Southern Barrens. Heck I still don't know how to get there on foot. It's such a simple change that would make questing a lot easier for new players.
    It also removes their sense of the game being open world and the journey they have to travel.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    Stop trying to make the game for a few hundred thousand hardcore raiders. Without them crying all over the place the game would still go on well for casuals. Raiders only think they are most important. If they paid 10 times the subscription fee then spending all that time pandering to their wails would be reasonable but they pay the same as the casuals, not more, so why is so much time spent on them?
    How is Blizz at all catering to 100k hardcores when they've added LFR and Flex-Size raiding, but haven't added Super Hardcore or 40-man raiding?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    snip
    I think it's great when people try to come up with suggestions to actually make the game BETTER and not just what they want, but I disagree with some of OP's suggestions.

1 - Update the vanilla and TBC character models. I would be happy if/when they do this, but I can't see how this would help retain players or bring in new ones. Outside of Classic, WoW's graphics were never a selling point.

2 - Removing lock downs. I think adding Flex is a step in the right direction, however going back to 10 and 25 would be harmful in the long run IMO. If you think back to doing ToGC two times EVERY WEEK.....so much burn out. 10 and 25 was great because it allowed for more pugs, but I think flex will step in as the 10-man of WoTLK nicely.

3 - Don't make dailies so mandatory. Agree here too. The newer dailies (Isle, Timeless) have renewed my hope that dailies are back to what they should be.

4 - Larger world. Don't know how much this will help. The queuing system has made the "World" small, and I can't see them changing this. Stuff like the Barrens quest was nice - forced you to get out there, but it wasn't content you had to do. If anything, I would like a queue system where you queue, get into a group and then fly to the instance or raid (vs. insta-teleportation). Don't think this will affect sub numbers, but it would help to make the "World" a little more active.

5 - Giving us things to work towards. I wish they made account wide Achievements more restrictive. I agree that it's dumb to have the max cooking achievement on an alt that doesn't even have cooking. If anything, it should note that it was done on another character (does it do this already? I don't really care for achievements). But once again, don't see how this would affect subs. The issue with working for something is alts. My main already has it's 600 cloak, but I'm months behind on my alts. Sure, it's not something I need, but if I wanted to swap mains, I would be in a bad spot. I'm hoping to see how Blizzard approaches this in the next expansion.

6 - More alt action I don't see how Blizzard would incorporate rewards for playing alts. The reward needs to be good enough to encourage alts, but not so good that it forces everyone to do it. It's nice that Blizzard did give a nod to the idea that MoP is fairly alt-unfriendly. Perhaps an additional 10% XP boost if you already have a level-cap toon?

7 - More dungeons, less scenarios. This also doesn't affect subs in any way. Both are enjoyable for some people but dungeons and scenarios both get outdated pretty quickly (not including H Scenarios). I would rather have more resources on other aspects of the game, but it couldn't hurt to have higher quality dungeons and scenarios. Maybe it's nostalgia, but I remember enjoying the TBC and WoTLK dungeons more than I do the MoP ones (apart from a select few...Shadow Labs and Old Hillsbrad.../cry).

I think Moana's idea of making WoW b2p for the first 80-85 levels would be a nice start. The $15 sub fee is what keeps some people away, but allowing them to try out the majority of the game before committing might make them more likely to take that first step. Blizzard could probably even throw in a free month once you hit MoP as a sampler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosturn View Post
    1. Remove 80 % of gating

- - - Updated - - -

This does nothing for the game whatsoever. Just cuts off a lot of players.
    Good thing you don't work for blizzard.
    I'd like to believe the current LFR players would gladly shift to flex-size.

But I'm probably expecting too much from the children that run LFR.

1. The dailies over-kill needs to go away. It isn't fun... Who came up with such an absurd idea at Blizz HQ? I don't even know how I went through the ton of dailies on release date, I was finally done with everything, then 5.2 came out with more dailies so I stopped all together, screw it.

2. For the love of god, 122 kills on bloodlord mandokir and still NO mount? Increase the drop rate on stuff, yes I know it's a MMO but @#% like this would make anyone drop the game and do something more rewarding. So much hard work and nothing to show...

3. LFR - You get on to a 1 hour queue, people have jobs, people have a life, 1 hour is unacceptable for a queue, then you waste 1 hour killing bosses with people you dont know. 2 hours + go by and you get nothing but gold??? Ok blizzard? This isn't rocket science. I don't think i have to say anything else. STOP being soo damn greedy.. You equation is "people get no loot = they'll keep trying = more $$ as they won't ever stop as nothing ever drops = win" FAIL you are losing people this way.

4. Remove lock-outs like most are saying.. Self-explanatory..

5. STOP re-using the proto-drake, drake models for new mounts. Lazy much? is not even fun seeing new stuff because it's the same old reused models.

6. 150, 200, etc mount rewards are garbage, why?? but the STORE $$$$ mounts are unique and awesome? not cool.

Rest is fine, I mean the game is being simplified a bit, so the headache of doing things the old way are gone. That's a plus.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    On that, my ones:

1 - Update the vanilla and TBC character models.

2 - Removing lock downs.

3 - Don't make dailies so mandatory.

4 - Larger world.

5 - Giving us things to work towards.

6 - More alt action.

7 - More dungeons, less scenarios.
    1.) that is going to take hundreds of man hours and when you're trying to run a company and keep the game moving forward that evolves into 1000's of man hours.
    2.) No, they're there for a reason and that reason is to keep the grinders out and to remind them that RL exists and they should go quest there for the rest of the week.
    3.) they are not forc-... u know what? f* it, I'm tired of preaching that one. If you want to believe your fantasy that blizzard forces you to do 50 dailies a day then go on ahead.
    4.) the planet is only so big. How was cata so bad? they revamped the entire world and finally gave alts something new to do. They also brought everyone back into azeroth instead of this world being a ghost town while everyone else was in some continent (like they are now).
    5.) you have arena rating, bgs, raids, dungeons, scenarios, heroic dungeons, exploring, rp, dailies, gathering, crafting, ah market, gear farming, questing, leveling, and achievements.... what more do you need?
    6.) see 4 and 5, if thats too boring than maybe its time to accept the truth that you're officially burned out and need to retire from WoW.
    7.) see #1... blizz has already stated that we have 2 ultimatums: more dungeons or more content per expansion; you choose.

God I can only name 7?! Here we go!!!

1. More compelling story, story was cool this expantion, but too many who gives a shit raids. Like, MSV... Why are we there? Who cares?! Give us a reason why we are going to raid give it a purpose and story! Kill off some major lore characters so we get sad and feel something!

2. Being back pvp world objectives in each zone, made the game more fun and interesting.

3. Merge servers!!! Low pop dead servers sucks ass!!!

4. Add a 4th spec to other classes except Druids. More flavor, more class divercity!

5. New character models.. We really need this.

6. Make the game more alt friendly and easier to gear alts, this xpac screwed me and my many alts.

7. Give us a big baddie, raise the stakes! We gotta stop the thunder king... Cause he's umm fuck it I dunno...

1. Update Models (Old mounts, armor, player models)
    2. 4th spec for many classes, new class, and/or updating classes
    3. Remove LFR and Normal mode, keep it simple with Flex and Heroic modes. People don't need to wait long to find a cross-realm group (it might be quicker than the queue's today).
    4. Provide incentives to make groups on your own server or with your own community. This might backfire since people will take it like they "have" to do it.
    5. Remove LFD, again people don't need to wait a long time to find a cross-realm group.
    6. Bring back attunements. Now we have the technology to make your whole account attuned, so you don't have to attune alts.
    7. Try to keep content on a curve. Have easy new content (scenarios, quests, and dungeons), normal new content (rare's, world elites, flexi raiding), and difficult new content (hard soloing challenges, heroic mode raiding). Try to keep it a curve on difficulty as well as solo content and group content so that there's easy, normal, hard for both solo and group content. Worse players can go back and experience the harder difficulties when they outlevel/outgear the difficulty.

Keep in mind, adding a heroic mode isn't adding more content. So I'd like there to be more heroic-only content in order to motivate people to go out and achieve that heroic difficulty.
    Last edited by JasonWuzHear; 2013-07-29 at 10:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Character models doesn't really need to be brought up, since its already confirmed its happening.
    dragonmaw - EU

Oh yeah! Make scenarios something you do while leveling and dungeons something you do at end game. Scenarios suck when you're geared and its too easy and mindless! Heroic scenarios are okay but still stupid. Stop encouraging bad players to be bad!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    Character models doesn't really need to be brought up, since its already confirmed its happening.
    Ain't confirmed until it's on the trailer at Blizzcon.

My 7 would be in no particular order:

1. New character models. (they have stalled long enough on this)
    2. Merge low population realms. (the illusion of having people in a city is not the same as a balanced/competitive economy and pool of raiders)
    3. Balance PvP. ('nuf said)
    4. Remove 10-25man lockouts.
    5. Separate 10-25man gear. (stats AND look)
    6. Reduce the gold cap significantly, like to 100k. (seriously no one needs to have 100k)
    7. Do not gate content or items. (from raid wings being staggered to cooldowns on crafted items, they suck period)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    Oh yeah! Make scenarios something you do while leveling and dungeons something you do at end game. Scenarios suck when you're geared and its too easy and mindless! Heroic scenarios are okay but still stupid. Stop encouraging bad players to be bad!
    Agreed, scenarios would be a lot better as leveling content! sucking questing as a DPS and you get a 30min dungeon queue, would be cool to have scenarios while leveling then heroics at 90. i like your idea!
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    1. balance pvp
    2. balance pvp
    3. balance pvp
    4. skirms
    5. balance pvp
    6. skirms
    7. balance pvp
    Remove PVP Stats.
    F**K forced balance, make PVP fast and furious, because it is boring and stupid now.

1. bring back classic AV
    2. Implement trassk suggestions 1 2 and 4.
    3. Warlock lvl revamp for rogues (shameless selfish wish plug-in)
    4. More class/spec cosmetics. (The way demo locks have summoning circle randomly showing under their feet and others have ember/souls hanging over them. And destros lighting on fire more embers they get. I love shit like that.
    5. Bring back legendary weapons as drop (but keep them in heroic only). Just to note I have no problems with the legendary capes and how anyone can get them. I just think those heroic raiders should get atleast one badass item per xpac that will have everyone drooling.
    6. Add some KvK or if you will, faction vs faction stuff in the game world. Example of those would TBC's Halaa, bone waste, zangamarsh battles etc.
    7. Another shameless selfish plug-in, give rogues a tank spec. Damn Rift has spoiled me.
    8. Because its worth repeating and it's the only (vanilla was soooo much better) topic I don't consider a pile of horse dropping hidden nicely behind some rose tinted spectacles, BRING BACK CLASSIC "ALTERAC VALLEY BG"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk
    4 - Larger world.
    Seems since wrath, any of the new content is becoming more and more compact. I mean I love the zones and setting in pandaria (a ton more then cata, hated those zones, so boring)
    Seriously? I'd like to have your booze then...

How can super diverse zones, with good diverse quests be boring? Underwater zone with 3 layers boring? Hyjal with all its lore demi gods and heroes that party with you for a final confrontation with the firelord, boring? The cho'gall quest in the highland was boring for you? Firelands boring, have you tried the achievments? This kept me entertained till 5.2 mop....

MOP had boring Zones, looks all equal and peaceful, i hate this. I play a fantasy game to see a fantasy world, not a copied real china of real earth? It was a complete waste of time as blizz did not even expand their crossrealm meachanics there to make open pvp possible as promised. Yeah i did all the tresure hunts and rare mob farms. That was kinda boring to do in such boring similar to earth-zones.

Whats needed is a super continent like outland with extremely diverse zones, of course underwater zone too, this time of higher level please. and 2 starting zones again. Cata and TBC delivered where all those 2 other overrated xpacks failed

If the final judgement on an expansion is based on the level expierence and zones only - cata would win this easily.

1. bring back classic AV

2. bring back world pvp

3. Warlock lvl revamp for all classes(but especially dks, nothing changed for them in mop, not to the good at least)

4. New Zones as mentioned above, a supercontinent/world, + real diverse fantasy lands and 2 completely different starting zones and high lvl underwater zones.(if its Azshara anyways) the blueprint is TBC and Cata.

5. Remove stupid pvp power, item lvl raised for pvp weapons that you buy with conquest points, conquest points based on rating only, hc 10man raid equal gear only avaible with high ratings.

6.25man hc gear should be the highest ilvl, slightly above 10man hc, equal to the degreee, what we see with thundeforged weapons in ToT, only the last bosses should drop 2hand weapons and trinkets.(i accept this as pvp a player, cause almost noone will have it anyways)

7. Introduction of FFA instances, finally.

8. 4th spec to each class, and if this is not possible, 4th spec to each remaining tank classes after druids got it first. Reasion: tanks got no place in pvp anymore and pvp players shouldn't get penalized with -1 talent spec less than any other class. Probably warriors only got arms as fury is bs in pvp, too. Thats no balance, thats not acceptable in any way or form!

9. Either a real war between alliance & horde, or real lore i care about e.g. Titans, old gods, Burning Legion.

10. Less farming - still many options for content - TBC showed the way.

11. Generally speaking less browsergame mindless farm feeling more active game feeling. If you want the best - be the best. period.

12. If all fails, destruct the burned out and stale current world and build new massive lore with a WC4.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2013-07-30 at 01:12 AM.

Deleted
    Add a hunger game type of BG.. pls x

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trassk: I have to say I agree with you for most of your points. But Id also like to add a few to your rather detailed list.
    1. Better Loot Systems - I'm tired of Characters that cant use a piece of gear having the ability to roll need on it. (A.K.A. Ninja) An example of this would be Hunters being able to roll need on 2H swords or plate.
    2. Make the content harder to get by and more dependent on teams or multiple players working together to accomplish tasks i.e. quests, dailies and such. Sure we have it with dungeons and raids but my question is why does it have to stop there.

Make mobs harder there is something wrong when I can pull 5 level 90 mobs and never drop below 90% health. Its just to easy. In Rift people in classic raid gear were having trouble doing the mobs. And the mobs only got harder. You can actually DIE while questing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."