Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What's your ideal 10man raid comp?

Title says is all, what's your ideal 10man raid comp? (for the purposes of the question ignore the players behind the toon - assume that you've got 10 people of equal skill that could play anything to an equal standard).

Brewmaster Tank
    Prot Paladin
    Rogue
    Warrior DPS
    Warlock
    Boomkin
    Hunter
    Elemental Shaman
    Disc Priest
    Holy Paladin

Deleted
    Something like:

Prot Paladin
    Brewmaster

Mage
    Lock
    Druid
    Monk
    Shaman
    Priest
    Rogue
    Huntard/Lock

Tanks - Protection Paladin + Brewmaster Monk
    Healers - Discipline Priest + Restoration Druid
    DPS - Elemental Shaman (could OS heal) + Assassination Rogue + Fury Warrior + Warlock + Mage + whatever (pretty sure all buffs are covered with the 9 listed)

2-3 people per item for the most part

Brewmaster / Prot Paladin
    Disc Priest / Holy Pally
    Fire Mage / Demo Lock / Boomkin (off spec heals) / Ele Sham / Rogue / UH DK

Brew/Wind Monk (swaps when pala solos)
    Prot Paladin

Ret/Holy Pala for double bop

Disc Priest
    Mist/rdruid/balance (if ret is main then mist, if holy is main then druid swaps on fights)

Mage
    Lock
    Hunter
    Elemental Shaman
    Rogue/DK/Warrior

hunter fills attack speed or phys vuln

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000

Is the "strongest" raidcomp for 10 man I have been able to come up with.
    All loot utilised:
    Cloth-spirit for disc.
    Cloth-hit for lock.
    Leather int for boomkin.
    Leather agil for rogue.
    Mail int for shaman.
    Mail agil for hunter.
    Plate int for hpally.
    Plate crit for warrior.
    Plate haste for paladin tank.
    Plate tank for DK.

Rogues use 1h weapons, hunters use guns - only polearms will be "wasted" weapon-wise.
    2H str wep used by DK. 1H str wep used by Pally. Warrior can use whatever drops most.
    Tier tokens are "evenly" spread - 4x Conq, 3x vanq, 3x prot (ideal world would be 4x vanq or prot instead of conq, I guess).
    The Elemental and Boomkin will both be able to keep a resto spec at-hand using their "normal" gear if a boss requires 3 healers, and either of them switching will not cost the raid any raidbuffs. So dependant on what is stronger (resto druid or resto shaman, or boomkin or ele shaman) you can pick and choose.
    Only 2x melee dps (preference put on ranged as they are stronger).
    Decent multi-dot capabilities (lock, boomkin, surv hunter).

Only the Hunter brings no raid cooldowns. In this setup, you have:
    Disc CD's.
    Healthstones/portals from lock.
    Tranq from boomkin.
    Smokebomb from rogue.
    AG/HTT from Shaman.
    Rallying cry+banners from Warrior.
    AMZ from DK.
    Devo aura from the paladins.
    Giving you far more "power" on your raid CD's than most raids.

That being said, with this setup you CAN substitute the rogue for a Feral Druid. The hunter would then switch to an atk speed pet, as the druid brings crit instead of haste. You'd utilise polearms, but lose 1H's, and gain tranq but lose smoke bomb. I prefer to "give the spot" to a rogue as they feel more valueable than ferals, though.

Anyone been able to come up with something better?

Note: Inb4 people whine that some of the classes are "underpowered" compared to others - class balance is subject to change every tier (and even midway through). If you were to build a strong raiding team, you would be focusing more on the logistics than getting as many mages and warlocks as possible, just to be majorly fucked over next tier when they're nerfed.

For progression

brewmaster
    paly tank

Disc priest
    holy paly

Rogue
    Hunter
    warlock
    Ele shaman
    Boomkin
    Mage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000

Is the "strongest" raidcomp for 10 man I have been able to come up with.
    All loot utilised:
    Cloth-spirit for disc.
    Cloth-hit for lock.
    Leather int for boomkin.
    Leather agil for rogue.
    Mail int for shaman.
    Mail agil for hunter.
    Plate int for hpally.
    Plate crit for warrior.
    Plate haste for paladin tank.
    Plate tank for DK.

Rogues use 1h weapons, hunters use guns - only polearms will be "wasted" weapon-wise.
    2H str wep used by DK. 1H str wep used by Pally. Warrior can use whatever drops most.
    Tier tokens are "evenly" spread - 4x Conq, 3x vanq, 3x prot (ideal world would be 4x vanq or prot instead of conq, I guess).
    The Elemental and Boomkin will both be able to keep a resto spec at-hand using their "normal" gear if a boss requires 3 healers, and either of them switching will not cost the raid any raidbuffs. So dependant on what is stronger (resto druid or resto shaman, or boomkin or ele shaman) you can pick and choose.
    Only 2x melee dps (preference put on ranged as they are stronger).
    Decent multi-dot capabilities (lock, boomkin, surv hunter).

Only the Hunter brings no raid cooldowns. In this setup, you have:
    Disc CD's.
    Healthstones/portals from lock.
    Tranq from boomkin.
    Smokebomb from rogue.
    AG/HTT from Shaman.
    Rallying cry+banners from Warrior.
    AMZ from DK.
    Devo aura from the paladins.
    Giving you far more "power" on your raid CD's than most raids.

That being said, with this setup you CAN substitute the rogue for a Feral Druid. The hunter would then switch to an atk speed pet, as the druid brings crit instead of haste. You'd utilise polearms, but lose 1H's, and gain tranq but lose smoke bomb. I prefer to "give the spot" to a rogue as they feel more valueable than ferals, though.

Anyone been able to come up with something better?

Note: Inb4 people whine that some of the classes are "underpowered" compared to others - class balance is subject to change every tier (and even midway through). If you were to build a strong raiding team, you would be focusing more on the logistics than getting as many mages and warlocks as possible, just to be majorly fucked over next tier when they're nerfed.
    It's pretty good. No real kiting ability from the tanks though, and only one heroism. Also lack of movement HPS. I'd probably swap the boomkin to resto druid, and the holy paladin for a mage. (4 vanq instead of 4 conq). Holy paladins bring zero utility that the prot cannot bring.

10 Blood DKS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    It's pretty good. No real kiting ability from the tanks though, and only one heroism. Also lack of movement HPS. I'd probably swap the boomkin to resto druid, and the holy paladin for a mage. (4 vanq instead of 4 conq). Holy paladins bring zero utility that the prot cannot bring.
    While you are correct with the movement HPS and utility parts it feels like disc/resto is a kinda weak healing comp if you need a way to react to unexpected damage (i.e. screwing up with the mechanincs) quickly. Once you learn the timers absorb mechanics are way better than the hot/direct healing ones, and you can abuse bop in a lot of fights this expansion. So from a healing point of view i think disc/hpala is a stronger comp.
    On the other side the amount of utility a druid can bring to a raid is probably the highest, tranq is still one of the best healing CDs and some the symbiosis spells are very useful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noskillz View Post
    While you are correct with the movement HPS and utility parts it feels like disc/resto is a kinda weak healing comp if you need a way to react to unexpected damage (i.e. screwing up with the mechanincs) quickly. Once you learn the timers absorb mechanics are way better than the hot/direct healing ones, and you can abuse bop in a lot of fights this expansion. So from a healing point of view i think disc/hpala is a stronger comp.
    On the other side the amount of utility a druid can bring to a raid is probably the highest, tranq is still one of the best healing CDs and some the symbiosis spells are very useful.
    Holydins have been gutted to hell and back next patch. Anywhere where people are spread, they'll be struggling badly. I mentioned druid due to overall utility, symbi, runny thing, and an ability to do more raw output. I'd have said monk, but druid utility is just over the top. + Burst aoe healing is +++

BrM/prot
    MW/disc/Holydin (MW and disc can both DPS while healing to add another "DPS" should it be needed)
    mage/lock/ele shaman/hunter/rogue

Prot
    Druid/monk (offspec heal/dps)

Disc/Pala

Moonkin(OS heal)
    Warlock
    rouge/DK
    warrior
    Elemental
    mage/hunter

I think this will make the perfect comp, with a pala tank it doesnt really matter that much if you have a Monk or druid tank. druid monk is also good but kinda sucks on the loot part. Overall the best tank setup is the seutp with play best with each other.

Still the best comp says nothing if you have 10players of good quality it can be any kind the reason why guilds dont progress that good or break apart is because raids are canceled or you ahve to take randoms cause some püeople are missing.

On the melee part. Warriors with banner and shout are really strong for dps and cooldown wise.

caster: I think boomkin (and if you take a guardian) you have two hotw tranq which help alot on fights and a restro druid will be really good as OS spec iin 5.4. Usually alot of current fights can be two healed and would only need a third for certain parts of the fight. Same goes for elemental shaman.
    WL speaks for himself. The only part is hunter or mage, both are very strong, so taking either one doesnt really make a big difference.

With this setup you also have alot of Offspec potential.

Deleted
    Prot Paladin - Brewmaster Monk
    Warrior DPS - Rogue DPS
    Hunter - Warlock - Mage - Elemental Shaman
    Disc Priest - Holy Paladin/Mistweaver Monk

Deleted
    10 competent people

Rogue / Paladin tank / Pala healer / Elemental Shaman / Warlock ........ rest can draw straws

Deleted
    Prot Paladin
    Blood DK

Holy Paladin
    Disc Priest
    Mistweaver Monk

Rogue
    Warlock
    Mage
    Balance
    Ele Shaman

Great aoe. Great CC. Solid healing CDs and a good mixed loot table. Perfecto mundo

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    10 Blood DKS

You must know our raid tank.

My ideal raid would be:

Tank - Druid War
    DPS - Enhance shammy, Demo lock, MM hunter, Sub rogue, Arms war, Ret
    Healer - Holy Priest, MW monk
    You cared enough to post.

It's funny nobody here would take a resto shaman. I know that by sheer numbers they fall behind, but I'll tell ya... since I recruited one I have no idea how I raided without one. I swear a time never comes when he doesn't have a cooldown of some sort available, and the mana battery is amazing. Also, no other healer can top a low health target up as quickly as a resto shammy.

In my opinion, it's not big numbers all the time that matter, it's big numbers when you need them.