Best way to maximize progression?

I'm an officer of a previously 25m guild. We were 4/13h as 25m and we were at the point where we were carrying about 8 people. We couldn't down any fight that had personal responsibility due to a third of the raid being bodies rather than raiders. This week we finally dropped to 10 man, and quickly downed Council (18 attempts), Iron Qon (2 attempts), and Twins (25 attempts). Council with gear and a Rogue allowed us to not ever deal with Frostbite which was awesome. We spent about 3 weeks wiping on Iron Qon in our 25 man so 10m dropped really quick. Twins took a few extra attempts than we wanted due to tanks learning to get Suen to "spawn" the Lurkers and dealing with Tidal Force.

Anyways, I'm telling my team to learn Megaera, Durumu, and Primordius for the upcoming week(s) and I'm wondering how faceroll/difficult certain fights are. Should we skip Megaera this week and go straight for Durumu/Primordius? From what one of my 13/13h friends tell me is that Megaera is the hardest of the three. And if we down Durumu/Primordius earlier than expected, it can allow us to waste time trying an Animus Zerg.

Most of us are around 540 ilvl, we have great players with potential class stacking options. We have: BrM Monk, Prot Warrior, Disc Priest, Holy Priest, Holy Paladin(Disc Priest alt), 2 Demo Locks, 2 Hunters, Rogue, Ret Paladin, and a Mage. I start every fight with 2 healers and add one if needed.

I know it's another one of these threads, but I need opinions outside of my guild as they tend to become overconfident quite easily. I want to weigh my options and make a good move that would benefit us the most.

Logs

Deleted
    Looking at the numbers you can kill all 3 this week.Yes megeara will be a bit more difficult since it requires proper positioning and good rotation of cds for rampages. If you take your time and prepare your raid for it, its possible for you to kill it in 1 evening. Durumu is probably the easiest of all due to the upgrades, since if every1 can pull 200k+, and you go with 2 healers only you will kill the boss before or when 2nd light phase starts, completely skipping lifedrains during light phase making the fight faceroll. Primordius is just like normal, xcept that he hurts a bit more.
    If u want to maximize your progression, don't skip mageara, just prepare good, and dont lie to yourself it will be a faceroll. Being overconfident doesn't help in most cases.

I agree with what Tishko said.

I just wanted to say hats off to you if you 2 heal you're first megaera kill. I'll be very jelly!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Anyways, I'm telling my team to learn Megaera, Durumu, and Primordius for the upcoming week(s) and I'm wondering how faceroll/difficult certain fights are. Should we skip Megaera this week and go straight for Durumu/Primordius? From what one of my 13/13h friends tell me is that Megaera is the hardest of the three. And if we down Durumu/Primordius earlier than expected, it can allow us to waste time trying an Animus Zerg.

Most of us are around 540 ilvl, we have great players with potential class stacking options. We have: BrM Monk, Prot Warrior, Disc Priest, Holy Priest, Holy Paladin(Disc Priest alt), 2 Demo Locks, 2 Hunters, Rogue, Ret Paladin, and a Mage. I start every fight with 2 healers and add one if needed.

I know it's another one of these threads, but I need opinions outside of my guild as they tend to become overconfident quite easily. I want to weigh my options and make a good move that would benefit us the most.
    Given your average item level I would strongly suggest you focus on barreling through in order wherever possible, meaning push Megaera first. The sooner you "fill the gaps" in your Heroic farm loot path, the more efficient you can become during later weeks at putting in effective progression time on the next boss(es) without potentially wasting time for the typical farm bosses. For example, if you skip Megaera for a while and focus on Durumu and beyond, once the time comes to actually progress against Megaera, you'll be forced to estimate the remaining time needed in the raid week when you must stop your Megaera progression attempts and push ahead to finish clearing the farmed Heroic bosses, some of which will still be new and potentially not be a one-shot. On the other hand, if you get a full-sweep path of Heroic bosses from jin'rokh all the way through the current progression boss, that is never a worry (or certainly less-so in this case since Dark Animus sits a few bosses before Lei Shen).

Anyway, since numerically based on item level you should have no issues with the requirements of any of the three bosses mentioned, I would personally suggest focusing on Megaera to be maximally efficient, especially looking toward completing the zone prior to SoO if possible.

As for boss-specific suggestions, Tishko hit the big points already for Megaera: Plan ahead which players will use which cooldowns for each Rampage. Setup a rotation of 3 sets of CDs due to the timing of heads, so basically PlayerA always uses their cooldown when the Blue head Rampage is going on, PlayerB CDs on Red head, and so on. I would also strongly refrain from using 2-heals even to test the waters on Megaera, as it's easily one of the most damage intensive fights in the zone and with your gear levels, you won't need every little bit of damage you can get. Instead, the focus should be on beating extra wyrm spawn sets and getting head #5 down asap (via lust on Rampage). Also make sure ranged players kiting Ice Beams are very strict about their positions and paths to maximize room space.

I would say Durumu is the easiest of the three bosses mentioned and really revolves around a few core ideas:

1. Assign 1-2 people who can quickly raid mark the ground where Red Fogs are spawning during each beam phase. This will help your entire raid immensely by allowing the Red Beam controller to easily know where to start right away and where to move, and thus the entire phase will end much faster than it would otherwise.

2. Use proper rotations for soaking Life Drain (3+ people for each, and personal CDs are helpful) swapping to the next person every 4-5 seconds. Stress that communication is of the utmost importance, so the player currently taking the Life Drain should know well ahead of time who the next player near them is that is going to take over. It matters little which players do it (avoid healers or tanks), but swapping efficiently and at least 3 times prevents tons of damage.

3. Force the raid onto the same quadrant just prior to Ice Walls, to prevent splitting, then focus walls ASAP using cleaves/DoTs/AE damage.

4. Healers shouldn't be afraid to dispel Dark Parasite early before it expires if the damage becomes too heavy. For my raid if a Shaman totem didn't soak a cast, we typically heal it for ~20 seconds, then dispel around the 10 second remaining mark which spawns 3-4 Evil Eyes, a trivial thing that shouldn't even be noticeable in the slightest.

5. As Deja mentioned, this fight is absolutely prime for 2-heals (and 1-tank if you have enough Paladin Hand of Protections), as the damage output is very low for everything except Life Drain and Spectrum phases.

Lastly for Primordius, similar to Megaera I'd strongly suggest 3-healing this fight (and I'm suggesting this as one of two primary healers in a 13/13H group that has 2-healed everything except Megaera, Primordius, and Dark Animus). Mechanically Primordius is almost identical to normal save the large ooze adds, but the potential for spike damage is exceptionally high depending on the mutation order you happen to get. Absorbs from a Disc may greatly alleviate those spike potentials, I couldn't say precisely, but it's scary quite often, even with a well-geared group.

Otherwise, the fight is solely about assigning just the right amount of helper DPS for the large ooze spawns and otherwise getting your tanks to work out an efficient taunt rotation/dance between Primordius and the large oozes.

Good luck! I might also suggest a few guides for these fights that may prove helpful to you as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJRUZpaq9QM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_lMjsdx2o4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilPs2IMFg-A
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6E5MEIwW1E
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcdP2dzYw1A
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKKARVBMMOc

With current dps numbers, a single paladin with clemency allows any tank to solo-tank Durumu. You need to reset at most twice: first and second colorblind phase, at 5 or 6 stacks of the debuff.

The only hard part of the fight is handling life drain.

Of the 3 bosses you mentioned, Megaera is definitely the hardest. It's also the one that plays the most differently from normal mode. Durumu and Primordius are basically the same fights as normal with numbers tuned higher.

What Kulldam said summed it up quite nicely..

1. Properly prepare for Megaera, it is the hardest fight of the three. But if you set it up right (CD's for Rampage, which tank takes what, which healer does what, etc.) it shouldn't be too long before you get a kill...

2. Try to have your raid fight for life-drain at Durumu. If life-drain never reaches more than 2-3 stacks and you 2-heal the fight, the boss should fall over quickly. The fight is very similar to normal mode.

3. Primordius is also very similar to normal but the damage output can be really high. Once your tanks know how to deal with the big adds, it shouldn't be too long before you manage a kill.

SWitching to 10 man and getting more kills....noway...lol
    Shadow Priest Wýcked <Incarnate> Nerzhul
    Death Knight Yzf <RX> Lethon
    Boomkin Yzf <Incarnate> Nerzhul

10+ Year Old Account
    A guild on my server went from 2/13 to 9/13 in a few weeks after they went back to 10man and kicked all the shit players.

Quote Originally Posted by Wycked View Post
    SWitching to 10 man and getting more kills....noway...lol
    They got rid of their bad players and got more progress as a result. Don't turn this into a 10vs25 thread since there is no reason discussing it.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......