Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Why is it most people I see calling other people Pathetic generally have their Signatures and Avatars plastered with my little Ponies?

Wut.
    Let's not insult each other here. Bronies are people too.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Let's not insult each other here. Bronies are people too.
    Ahahahahahaha... Oh wait.. you are serious?
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    you'd think the simple solution would be a loss of honor for killing a grey, but that ruins city raids
    Loss of conquest or rating more like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    A game based nearly entirely around Factions bent on War, kind of makes me think people that sit in cities and have nothing to do with any of the other areas of the game are the cancer.
    When the game was devoid of flying mounts, world pvp was hella fun even for lowbies because higher levels usually had something to do besides pvp in older zones and so could come chill/help out. The gankers also couldn't just fly away and land in some obscure location; the escapes were pretty damn obvious to most people as people had to avoid mobs to make sure they weren't getting dazed off mounts.

The current world pvp is an utter and undeniably bastardization of what it was back in vanilla and even tbc for a while and wotlk around launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

i dunno, my guild takes over the alliance quest hub (we are horde) on isle of thunder fairly often. And oondasta is usually alliance vs horde world pvp. It seems fairly alive to me. Just because you cant go into lowbie zones and gank doesnt mean world pvp is dead.

Are you serious? World pvp should be something like those epic battles back in vanila at taurren mill = people versus people

Area around dark portal is heavily abused for ganking people as they re on their loading screen regardless their lvl. Ganking aint pvp Mr smartass

Ganking lowbies is one thing, but it quickly gets out of hand when the attacker has access to 310 flying mount and the lowbie is stuck on a ground mount. This isn't new - it's been around since TBC but crossrealm zones massively inflates the problem, and the weak guards have effectively made it so there are no safe areas for a long part of levelling.

If you want to go out and grief someone questing and force them back into the safety of a town/quest hub or logoff that's fine, but the message here is that a single player shouldn't have the power to go into a town and effectively neutralize the safety measures and continue to grief. Guards aren't there for flavour - they're there to prevent opposing faction members from doing exactly that and the system hasn't worked since wrath when we started to outlevel the guards in the most common areas, and one person could run in and the guards would be like mosquitos. It just wasn't too big of a problem until cross realm zones
    They're not supposed to be invincible guards, just not something that can be trivially killed by a single player.
    Last edited by crazyman2; 2013-08-03 at 09:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think part of it is item inflation..Looking back raiding XR and TM was fun as hell...Oh the corpses..But these days if ya think about it ILV are so different even stats that it really makes higher levels super OP even BC gear does that in some ways.

Deleted
    Quite frankly blizzard doesn't give an rats ass about world pvp that much is clear.

No I don't do lowbie ganking nor am I for or against lowbie ganking to each their own. But what pisses me off most is in the vale of eternal blossom they made us have seperate capitol cities close to one another supposedly to have world pvp between the two faction cities. It never came to be..why? Simple thye proceeded to plant stupidly powerfull elite guards at the capitol city making any world pvp to be had there absolutley imposible. Quite frankly every time you could have a little world pvp(and I mean equal level vs equal level) somewhere blizzard would swoop in and place insanly powerfull guards there and I truly hate them for it.

they never should have made battle grounds and arena in the first place this is what caused death of world pvp
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    THAT is exactly YOUR stance. You want people to be easily ganked; people want random fights, against people who are in a competitive range with them, while questing. THAT is world pvp. Going into a contested 20-25 zone, and risking running into a group of 25s who will stomp your face, or possibly, having a 25 try to gank you and you kill them! The randomness, the challenge, the excitement, the combat!!!

You don't want combat. You don't want challenge. You just want to sit at a portal destination and kill people before their client loads. Shameful. You don't want pvp. That is the true answer. You just don't want to admit it to yourself.

You know why ganking in TM/SS worked in the past? Because people called their guildies and friends to get come defend. They switched to mains to retaliate.

People aren't on to 'call to arms'; and even if you switch toons to give them a real fight, they leave, scared of losing, scared of dying in a game. Hiding in the shadows instead of putting up a fight. Again, they don't want pvp, they want to just kill players without any risk.
    This guy has it down-pat as to what the OP is, thread should have ended right there.