Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    120 k sounds good to me

I think everyone is discounting the prices of living steel a little too much. Sure, right now the mats will cost 15k. But when 5.4 hits, I imagine not long after LS prices will jump quite a bit. I'm at 27 right now and I'm using my alch for trillium to LS xmutes. So not only do I think the price of raw mats will increase (maybe not substantially, but somewhat) you'll still have the premium for daily CDs. Those of us that are picking up LS at it's current price won't feel the hit as bad as those that aren't thinking into the future and picking it up while it's low. Just my two cents. Either way, I'll use the first one I make and then sell them after that. Hopefully I can get my alt shammy leveled and use the alch xmutes on that to help a bit.

The price will be set by the market. You commies!

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    150k? Who would pay that for a mount that costs like 15k max to craft? Thats just ridicolous...
    Daily CDs have an implicit cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

It will sell as much as the Jewelcrafting Panthers did in the beginning, around 100K-120K, then decrease drastically in price after the first month.

I'll just use the first one and sell the 2nd one i get tbh

Any where between 50-100k and I will be happy. With 3 Engineers that will be some good gold.

If I can get more than 100k I'll sell it, if not I'll give it to my husband. I actually dropped inscription on one of my lowbies to level engineering in addition to my main being an engineer for years. I have a serious packrat problem so I had more than enough ore to level 1-600 engineering for like 200g (had to buy some odds and ends that I couldn't be bothered to farm). Actually I have mats to level at least one more engineer from scratch so I might do that on another alt too. I foresee the market getting flooded fairly quickly with them so I'm not betting on these mounts to be a major moneymaker just yet. I'll produce 2-3 the first 30 days and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    ANY person who knows anything about dupes, knows that:

A) Its damn near freaking impossible to dupe items, and B) the very few people who have managed to dupe items, and knows about the older methods, would never EVER do something as blatantly stupid as to dupe a cooldown reagent within the first month, or even consider actually making a complete product to sell.

Anyone with half a brain would know that you have just manufactured the impossible, and your account would be closed, and whoever was dumb enough to buy the item, would have it removed.

Come on now, stop spreading bullshit information like this and use your head.

1. Damn near impossible? Spectral tiger cubs. Jeweled Onyx Panthers, and other TCG mounts have been duped. Crafting mats have been duped, by the TONS.

2. They use hacked/stolen accounts to do this.

Come one now, stop acting like it doesn't happen.

Sooo many people here should put the game down for awhile and learn about simple economics and supply and demand.

I mean really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The price will be set by the market. You commies!

This. Prices are set by the market. I can put one up on the AH for 800k all day long, but it won't sell. If I'm someone who doesn't understand economics and puts it up for little more than the mats are worth, then someone who understands the market more than me is going to purchase my cheap Golem and repost it for what it's really going for, making a HUGE profit off of my work.

My plan is to do just that. Rather than mess with the trouble of making the mount, I'm going to snipe cheap Golems and sell them for more -- taking advantage of bleeding heart idiots that don't want to price gouge their fellow players.
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-08-18 at 03:49 PM.

15-25k seems reasonable enough

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    You guys know you won't be the only ones selling the mount, right? The mount only takes 30 days and no real gold sink to make. How many engineers will make the mount after the 30 days are up? 5? 10? 15? Most of them will be put up on AH which will make the price go very low.

It won't go above 80k.
    Thats fine by me, i'll make one every month and be rich before crimbo!
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noggis View Post
    Good point. Cost of leveling engineering: about 3k gold. Cost of mount if bought: 100k.

You'd get it much cheaper if you just logged one of your unused 90s and learned engineering on it.
    LOL 3k? The cost is more than that on Quel'dorei I have spent 9k so far leveling up my alts engineering. I just got to cataclysm materials.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Thats fine by me, i'll make one every month and be rich before crimbo!
    This is what I plan on doing is making one each month on my engineer and just saving the gold until next expansion is released.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeathbyFrostBomb73 View Post
    15-25k seems reasonable enough
    You would barely break even on materials.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Sooo many people here should put the game down for awhile and learn about simple economics and supply and demand.

I mean really.

- - - Updated - - -

This. Prices are set by the market. I can put one up on the AH for 800k all day long, but it won't sell. If I'm someone who doesn't understand economics and puts it up for little more than the mats are worth, then someone who understands the market more than me is going to purchase my cheap Golem and repost it for what it's really going for, making a HUGE profit off of my work.

My plan is to do just that. Rather than mess with the trouble of making the mount, I'm going to snipe cheap Golems and sell them for more -- taking advantage of bleeding heart idiots that don't want to price gouge their fellow players.
    Exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceethemage View Post
    LOL 3k? The cost is more than that on Quel'dorei I have spent 9k so far leveling up my alts engineering. I just got to cataclysm materials.

- - - Updated - - -

This is what I plan on doing is making one each month on my engineer and just saving the gold until next expansion is released.

- - - Updated - - -

You would barely break even on materials.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly this.

As long as I made some decent money off of it, I am not concerned with breaking even.

Didn't want to make another thread about the sky golem, so figure I'd ask here.

How many cycles do you guys plan on making of golems? (A cycle being first 30 days after patch is 1st cycle, the following 30 days and 2nd golem you make is 2nd cycle, etc etc)

Considering my realm? Like, 200k. Esp with V-Realms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably 200-250k. Unfortunately if it's easy to learn and craft, there's gonna be some serious competition.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    .. there's gonna be some serious competition.
    Yes and no. There will ofc be some competition, but due to the time it take to craft, the supply will be limited at start. Some will sell it, some will use it - "look at me" effect - and some will craft more then one with alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkamedis View Post
    Fully mobile Mech > any other mount in the game. Easily 150-200k the first month they are produced. I'll be making 4 of them a month.
    this is what i like to hear but i only have 3 enginneers. but like in the beginning of the xpack i had 3 scribes and made a killin

I just leveled another engineer, so now I have 3. Will be making some decent gold from this now. I will likely sell mine for around 100k but prob less because im on a very low pop server, I will for sure be on the connected realms so not sure how that will affect the market.

(Yes I leveled another engineer to make another mount, and for PvP reasons on my hunter)

Does anyone know exactly how to obtain the recipe for making the new daily engineering CD?
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

I can see the market getting flooded with these on day 30. I would love to get around 50-100k for one, if i am unable too, I will just keep it for myself