Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    Trolls, pirates, old gods, naga. That's the story of warcraft isn't it? Sounds like an ideal expansion to take a break to me. Let's put those on the cover of the next expansion, I'm sure they'll just be drowning in subs.
    Yes it is and yes they will.

Pandaria was a massive shiftover in style, now we'd be going back to 'normal' azeroth.

"But Pandaria was just oriental styled, nothing special"

It's nothing special because the grass was green, the water and sky are blue and that it looked like Earth.

Imo, green water, a spacey sky and red ground doesn't make much difference to me.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a Burning legion expansion just as much as the South Seas, but you're overflowing with bias.

also KAIJU. did i not mention kaiju?

seriously a south seas expansion is just SCREAMING giant kaiju. it would be the perfect excuse for blizzard to add giant big ole crazy monstas
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    Because the lore behind it is huge.

If you'd take a look in one of the few threads, including one I made, you'll see it's not just Naga but also Old Gods.
    While Naga carry a lot of lore, they have never been as popular an enemy as demons, and people did not care for the underwater 3D attempt in Vashj'ir.
    We've had two and half expansions in a row dealing with the Old Gods and their minions, going for a 3rd(4th) that is even more focused on them is probably not an amazing idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    it would be the perfect excuse for blizzard to add giant big ole crazy monstas
    So would fighting new legion demons on a foreign alien planet.

yeah but the zandalari arent normal trolls, zandalar is like this amazing huge city made of gold and its sinking into the sea.

and idk about you but ever since vanilla ive wanted to team up with the bloodsail and go to plunder isle.
    There's lots of things that sound mildly interesting, but not enough to make me pay 15 dollars a month.

You've slain the lich king, illidan, deathwing! Now you can kill nagas and chill with pirates! But wait, twist of the century - the nagas are serving an old god! We haven't heard about one of them since the previous patch!
    Last edited by Wazooty; 2013-07-30 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    While Naga carry a lot of lore, they have never been as popular an enemy as demons, and people did not care for the underwater 3D attempt in Vashj'ir.
    We've had two and half expansions in a row dealing with the Old Gods and their minions, going for a 3rd(4th) that is even more focused on them is probably not an amazing idea.

So would fighting new legion demons on a foreign alien planet.
    mists of pandaria isnt about dealing with the old gods.

if anything we have been fighting against the minions of the titans most of this expansion
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Can't wait for Blizzcon :|

Yes it is and yes they will.

Pandaria was a massive shiftover in style, now we'd be going back to 'normal' azeroth.

"But Pandaria was just oriental styled, nothing special"

It's nothing special because the grass was green, the water and sky are blue and that it looked like Earth.

Imo, green water, a spacey sky and red ground doesn't make much difference to me.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a Burning legion expansion just as much as the South Seas, but you're overflowing with bias.
    My opinion is biased? You mean like everyones opinion? Why thank you. are you one of those people that likes to point out "Well that's just your opinion", to things that are obviously their opinion?

Deleted
    There's lots of things that sound mildly interesting, but not enough to make me pay 15 dollars a month.

You've slain the lich king, illidan, deathwing! Now you can kill nagas and chill with pirates! But wait, twist of the century - the nagas are serving an old god! We haven't heard about one of them since the previous patch!
    If you see it as chilling with pirates, I bet there's also the possibility of chilling with a demon.

Also, it's not a twist.

And, we could easily keep N'zoth and the Emerald Dream separate for a new expansion, only dealing with Azshara in Nazjatar.

Also, as said, we could visit the Tomb of Sargeras, The city of Zalandar, Kul'Tiras, Undermine.

All those locations offer different places than just naga.

- - - Updated - - -

My opinion is biased? You mean like everyones opinion? Why thank you. are you one of those people that likes to point out "Well that's just your opinion", to things that are obviously their opinion?
    No, but you're effectively showing your bias, rejecting anything very abrasively you don't find propable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    I'm guessing Emerald Dream. You have this whole separation of two separate things. Azeroth now and the Azeroth blue print. the "torn" part might refer to a crisis or danger that involves the Emerald Dream.
    We're pretty much finished with the Emerald Dream... Concerning the xpansion, could be something about Azshara, since the next xpacs are about the Legion and Sargeras and Azshara is linked with them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    We're pretty much finished with the Emerald Dream... Concerning the xpansion, could be something about Azshara, since the next xpacs are about the Legion and Sargeras and Azshara is linked with them.
    Hey, N'zoth still have a few filthy tentacles in the Emerald Dream.

Blizzard could retcon it and say he krept up in there or something.

also KAIJU. did i not mention kaiju?

seriously a south seas expansion is just SCREAMING giant kaiju. it would be the perfect excuse for blizzard to add giant big ole crazy monstas
    lol, having kaiju attack during a south seas expansion would be awesome!!

i'm still sticking to my guns that the legion invasion will happen over the course of 2 expansions - with azshara, naga, the south seas, islands raised from the ocean floor or a deep ocean cave system (to contend with all the people who didn't enjoy vashj'ir), demons, portals, pirates, dreadlords, faceless and old gods in part 1

a second dark portal, sargeras, titans, more dreadlords, more demons, medivh, argus, xoroth, pit-lords, illidan and tinkers in part 2.
    <insert witty signature here>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    lol, having kaiju attack during a south seas expansion would be awesome!!

i'm still sticking to my guns that the legion invasion will happen over the course of 2 expansions - with azshara, naga, the south seas, islands raised from the ocean floor or a deep ocean cave system (to contend with all the people who didn't enjoy vashj'ir), demons, portals, pirates, dreadlords, faceless and old gods in part 1

a second dark portal, sargeras, titans, more dreadlords, more demons, medivh, argus, xoroth, pit-lords, illidan and tinkers in part 2.
    Yep.

Pretty much what I hope will happen.

If you see it as chilling with pirates, I bet there's also the possibility of chilling with a demon.

Also, it's not a twist.

And, we could easily keep N'zoth and the Emerald Dream separate for a new expansion, only dealing with Azshara in Nazjatar.

Also, as said, we could visit the Tomb of Sargeras, The city of Zalandar, Kul'Tiras, Undermine.

All those locations offer different places than just naga.

- - - Updated - - -

No, but you're effectively showing your bias, rejecting anything very abrasively you don't find propable.
    Bahahaha. Disagreeing with something and giving your reasons is now "abrasive"? I never said it's not probable, I said it sounds really boring and to me (I don't now why I have to specify that. Of course it's "to me", I'm the one saying it), and would just continue the downward spiral of MoPs subs.

"Rejecting" something means I don't even consider it. I have considered it and find it dull as a doorknob. Don't get your panties in a bunch just because someone has a different opinion than you.

Deleted
    Bahahaha. Disagreeing with something and giving your reasons is now "abrasive"? I never said it's not probable, I said it sounds really boring and to me (I don't now why I have to specify that. Of course it's "to me", I'm the one saying it), and would just continue the downward spiral of MoPs subs.

"Rejecting" something means I don't even consider it. I have considered it and find it dull as a doorknob. Don't get your panties in a bunch just because someone has a different opinion than you.
    You should make it more clear then that you're not just rejecting the idea's.

Saying it doesn't appeal to you instead of "That idea sucks" without giving criticism is seen as abrasive.
    Because you did.

EDIT: Clarification:

No, disagreeing with someone isn't abrasive, the way you're disagreeing with someone is.
    Last edited by mmoc851eedbfae; 2013-07-30 at 12:02 PM.

Be funny if The Emerald Dream is vanilla WoW for all the people who want vanilla servers while everyone else flies off to Argus to get to level 95.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgotten World - Emerald Dream or Argus,
    Sky was torn from the Sea - A Realm far below the Maelstrom
    Grants mankind dominion over the living flame - Infernals ? Burning Legion ??

We got the Storm Crow & the Enchanted Fey Dragon - resemble hints of the Emerald Dream.

Remember the Heart of the Aspects that the same skeleton as the Cloud Serpants we have in MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just "decoding" for the fun of it, I highly doubt this a real hint.

"When the sky was torn from the sea, Storm Crow appeared from within the thundering clouds to grant mankind dominion over the living flame." —Legends of the Forgotten World

"When the sky was torn from the sea" All I can think of is infernals raining down, bringing a lot of chaos. Maybe around the Maelstrom.

"Storm Crow appeared from within the thundering clouds" What warcraft character is known to have been able to transform into a crow, or at least a similar-look bird? Medivh!

"grant mankind dominion over the living flame" Living flame being Sargeras (RPG books talks about him being on fire and melting continents). Clearly Medivh gives us the power to face Sargeras, or more likely, his minions.

"The Forgotten World" Being Argus.

So in summary: The infernals attack, Medivh shows up and saves the day, blessing us with enough power to travel to Argus to finally be on the attacking side of the war against the Legion. Bam!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    "dominion over the living flame" .. it is obviously Ragnaros again. Firelands was merely a setback. This time he also wear cowboy boots.

on a more serious note.. i think you are reading too much into it.

Deleted
    Forgotten world: Argus
    Living flame: Burning Legion

Next expansion: Rise of the Legion

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what's kind of funny is I was just watching on Youtube last night some cinematics from WC3 with Medivh. I watched the cut scene of him flying in as a crow into Lorderon (sp?) confronting King Llane about his visions and how the alliance needed to head to Kalimdor and unite with the horde to defeat the upcoming threat. This reminded me so much of Wrathion this expansion. I think Medivh's character is really compelling, and if he and Wrathion were incoorperated with the next expansion I would be really interested in it.

I think the OP might be on to something (wishful thinking). I would guess the next expansion would include Argus, with Wrathion and Medivh getting us there to fight the Burning Legion!