10+ Year Old Account

Legendary cloak on PTR?

Greetings fellow Champs,

To those who have been messing around on the PTR: How do you obtain the cloak? Is it provided when you copy the character or do you actually have to do the questline (which, according to Blizzard, is going to be "easily" obtainable in 5.4) to get the cloak? If the answer is the latter, what does the quest consist of?

Thanks.

Edit: Also, how much is the PPM or is it rppm? How awesome is the proc?

I believe on live you will also have to kill the "hard" world boss and Garrosh... or have they decided to remove the Garrosh part?

No longer the case. You do this after getting the cloak now.
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2013-07-29 at 03:08 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    I believe on live you will also have to kill the "hard" world boss and Garrosh... or have they decided to remove the Garrosh part?
    You kill Garrosh - after - defeating the World bosses. The point if the cloak is to ensure that you are equipped to kill Garrosh. And by "hard" World boss, I assume you mean Ordos, who you can't even engage without the cloak.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    According to Blizzard, you won't have to kill Garrosh as the whole point of the cloak is to dethrone him ("This cloak will help you dethrone Garrosh! so...go kill Garrosh to get it! herp)

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    You kill Garrosh - after - defeating the World bosses. The point if the cloak is to ensure that you are equipped to kill Garrosh.
    Ah, the the original datamined order was killing Garrosh then getting the cloak. I read a tweet stating that they may change it because they felt "Getting the cloak after defeating the content seems odd, because the whole point of the cloak is to help kill Garrosh."

I'm glad it's no longer required to get the cloak.

The cloak lets you kill the 'hard world boss' (ordos), and the part of the questline that requires you to kill garrosh is after you obtain your cloak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also (sorry for being so bothersome) which would be the fastest way to get Timeless coins? How many drop per mob and whatnot?

Deleted
    i'm pretty sure it was 100 coins not 1000, and seriously i got like 80 coins from 1 mob so it takes like 30 minutes to do both the timeless coin quest and the 4 celestial bosses quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you need to have done the previous quest line on the char you are copying or can you just start the 5.4 quest line even if you have not done the previous ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Do you need to have done the previous quest line on the char you are copying or can you just start the 5.4 quest line even if you have not done the previous ones?
    you need to have the epic ilvl 600 cloak before you can start it

You have to be on the right quest in the chain to get it. It's not hard to do any of it. Log in to the PTR, talk to Wrathion, get cloak.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

15+ Year Old Account
    the quest was changed in the newest build of the ptr from 100 coins to 1000 now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeboy4 View Post
    the quest was changed in the newest build of the ptr from 100 coins to 1000 now.
    Ouch. Is it still farmable within an hour or two? How many coins do you get per mob and stuff?

It's 2500 now actually, and yes it is still farmable in about an hour. The elites drop like 60 each, and are easily soloable assuming you are using ToT level gear.