View Poll Results: Your stance on the next class?

Voters
1764. This poll is closed
  • Demon Hunter

561 31.80%
  • Not DH, I want Tinkerer

597 33.84%
  • Not DH or Tinkerer

308 17.46%
  • There will be no more classes

298 16.89%
Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Voted neither since we don't need more classes. More classes = harder to balance PvP.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    You fanboys are idiots. It fits the game better because teriz told you how it would be. Is teriz blizzard? In blizzards eyes the tinker could be a straight ranged or melee class. So stupid.
    Every post you make in every thread related to Tinkers involves you lashing out at people and calling them idiots simply for stating their opinion. Maybe instead of being an asshole you should actually legitimately accept the fact people aren't going to have the same views as you, or implement your own reasoning behind why a Demon Hunter is something new and innovative to Azeroth.

Demon Hunters bring too much class overlap and nothing new. All of these points have been made repeatedly by Teriz and others.
    Last edited by Laere; 2013-07-29 at 09:55 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    I voted DH but immediately felt remorse, if anything I would like to see DH as a lock spec, offshoot of demo, like guardian is for druids.
    Tinkerer rymes with stinker. So let the engineers be.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Demon hunters: all the signature spells have been given to other classes. They have no niche, no unique features and could easily be made a warlock spec.

Tinkerer: No other technology-based class, any race could be one, could FINALLY have another class that uses ranged weapons, lots of room for interesting fun skills to fill any role.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    I voted DH but immediately felt remorse, if anything I would like to see DH as a lock spec, offshoot of demo, like guardian is for druids.
    Tinkerer rymes with stinker. So let the engineers be.
    Engineering =/= A class.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the expansion involves the Burning Legion, you are pretty much guaranteed to see Demon Hunters.

Each expansion where new classes were added, they've always had them correspond to the theme.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laere View Post
    Every post you make in every thread related to Tinkers involves you lashing out at people and calling them idiots simply for stating their opinion. Maybe instead of being an asshole you should actually legitimately accept the fact people aren't going to have the same views as you, or implement your own reasoning behind why a Demon Hunter is something new and innovative to Azeroth.

Demon Hunters bring too much class overlap and nothing new. All of these points have been made repeatedly by Teriz and others.
    I agree with your survey of this person, however I disagree with you on the DH and tinker subject. Though my take is DH should be a 4th lock spec. What does a tinkerer have that is fresh to the game and does not take away from engineering?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laere View Post
    Engineering =/= A class.
    Look, I don't even know what the fuck that means guy, can you try that again, but in english so I may at least understand you?
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather have a Buccaneer or or Bard.

I agree with your survey of this person, however I disagree with you on the DH and tinker subject. Though my take is DH should be a 4th lock spec. What does a tinkerer have that is fresh to the game and does not take away from engineering?

- - - Updated - - -
    Read: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4#post21905204

Look, I don't even know what the fuck that means guy, can you try that again, but in english so I may at least understand you?
    Engineering doesn't equal an entire class.

Have any of you all ever thought they would add BOTH with 0 races? And the next expansion would be heavily based on The Titans Old Gods and Sargeras. That way you could have the best of both worlds
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

Honestly if the next xpac (which from what i've seen a majority say Burning Legion) Then it will have to be Demon Hunters, i honestly can't see tinkers in a xpac about Demons. The class has to fit the xpac like how death knights fit Wrath or how Monks fit Pandaria.

Next class though regardless of xpac imo will be Demon Hunters, i can see a sub drop from it if its something most the non-forum community doesn't even understand like tinkers, comes out of the blue like a Monk. Also DH fanboys would probably quit.

For maintaining a high amount of subs I personally think Blizzard will do Demon Hunters, very iconic class, Never even heard of Tinkers till i seen a forum about it.

Engineering is a profession within WoW. ≠ means does not equal. A class self explanatory.

So combined, it means this "Engineering is not a class"

Tinker to alliance,DH to horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    Voted neither since we don't need more classes. More classes = harder to balance PvP.
    Rifts pvp is more balanced than WoW (and thats saying something) And Rift has a lot more abilites and spec combinations than this game. All Wow needs to do is get away of CC spam and pop all CDs.
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

We already have a Hunter class so I vote Tinkerer!

Demon Hunter= Hunter with magic weapons if you people want to go to that idiot mindset. I would love to have either of these classes. Better than monks imo.

Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    Rifts pvp is more balanced than WoW (and thats saying something) And Rift has a lot more abilites and spec combinations than this game. All Wow needs to do is get away of CC spam and pop all CDs.
    Not to mention Vanilla and TBC have the least amount of classes and being the most laughably unbalanced period of WoW.

What does a tinkerer have that is fresh to the game and does not take away from engineering?
    A more appropriate question is what does Engineering (in terms of substantial gameplay) that would make a Tinker class unlikely?

The answer is nothing, because Engineering isn't a class. It does not provide any comparative gameplay as any class in the game. Overlapping themes is not an issue, considering professions and classes are separate entities.

The most you can do is throw bombs and use an occassional trinket ability to fire a rocket or laser, both of which are a sub 1% DPS boost in raiding. People get Engineering mainly for the glove enchants and special sockets and secondly for the fun little gadgets. That's about the extent of Engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Prancing Minstrel View Post
    Not to mention Vanilla and TBC have the least amount of classes and being the most laughably unbalanced period of WoW.
    Thank you another example of why less classes does not equal better balance.
    Last edited by dashflash890; 2013-07-30 at 01:14 AM.

Make Demon Hunter a 4th spec for Warlocks (or give more demon hunter abilities to demonology warlocks)

Then you can make a Tinker class!

Early in WoW development at Blizzard HQ:
    HEY GUYS I WANNA BE A MOON PRIEST, Y'KNOW SHOOT STAR MAGIC AT PEOPLE, MAKE ASTRAL ENERGY FALL FROM THE SKIES, THEY SHOULD MAKE THAT A CLASSSSSSSSS.
    Dude... why don't we give druids a spec called balance, where they can do that type of stuff? They can have a form called moonkin. The lore is there!

And that's how I feel about Demon Hunters. They're essentially melee warlocks. What are Warlocks? Mages looking to increase their power and not afraid of the consequences. What is Illidan the first Demon Hunter? A night elf mage who was looking to increase his power through the use of fel magic, not afraid of the consequences.

Blizz just gief us Warlock Tanking through a Demon Hunter spec. The glyph already exists! Stop with the tease!