View Poll Results: Your stance on the next class?

Voters
1764. This poll is closed
  • Demon Hunter

561 31.80%
  • Not DH, I want Tinkerer

597 33.84%
  • Not DH or Tinkerer

308 17.46%
  • There will be no more classes

298 16.89%
Page 1 of 69
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Final Showdown. Tinkerer VS Demon Hunter

Alright so one of the prevailing arguments on BOTH sides of this debate is "most players want our class."

Well let's have some hard numbers as to which class more people want, shall we? Poll incoming.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I don't really want them to introduce a new class this upcoming expansion, I think they can take a break from that, and new races, and put some more time into other projects, like the New Models, or Path of the Titans, or something.

That said, if it had to be one or the other, I voted for Tinkerer, simply because I don't see the Niche that Demon Hunter could fill, that isn't already covered, while a Tinkerer could really make some major advancements in the Steam Punk feel of the game, although there would seem like a little bit of Engineer cross over, in reality, they'd be totally different.

Nothing is going to ruin the awesomeness of the demon hunters more than seeing hundreds of them running through cities in huge numbers like common citizens, or killing kobolds. In a sunny forest. Death knights were seen as the same kind of awesome and I think that's why they had the whole hero class idea so that they were a little more prestigious. But level 55 nowadays is hardly an accomplishment to be rewarded.

What is it demon hunters do, anyway? They hunt demons, that's about it really. I imagine they'd function a bit like rogues but with magic - and we kind of have monks doing that now already. Demon hunters might be cool but honestly I think if they were introduced as a class, they wouldn't bring anything new to the table.

Aside from killing demons, they're really not much better at anything than anyone else. Including them would be like making high elves a playable race. Sure, it'd make sense lorewise and people might like it, but people would just be all like 'wtf these are just blue eyed blood elves lazy blizz just recolouring models and calling it a new race'.

A tinker class on the other hand, I could see as being something much more inventive and new, being able to set up robots or tech that provide buffs or debuffs - stationary, usable items like teleportation / jump pads, or turret guns. Maybe new mechanics like being able to set up big walls that deny line of sight and you also can't move through them. Maybe for the tank spec you get to suit up in a shredder-like machine or kit yourself with some sort of enhanced exoskeleton. Another ranged-physical damage class that makes use of firing tech projectiles like batarangs or explosive / incendiary ammo through handheld railguns, or they can go into battle in melee with gigantic wrenches.

Hell yeah.

Anyway it's probably evident by now but my vote is on tinkerer.
    Last edited by Shadowbane; 2013-07-29 at 05:33 PM.

Deleted
    I don't care what lore hurdles or class mechanics barriers they have to fuck with, I want my god damn Demon Hunter, failing that, I want to wield some freaking Warglaives, and have some tattoos, and have a blindfold, actually fuck Demon Hunters I want to play as Illidan, where's my Illidan class Blizzard!? WHERE IS IT!?

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I don't care what lore hurdles or class mechanics barriers they have to fuck with, I want my god damn Demon Hunter, failing that, I want to wield some freaking Warglaives, and have some tattoos, and have a blindfold, actually fuck Demon Hunters I want to play as Illidan, where's my Illidan class Blizzard!? WHERE IS IT!?
    Go demon and get to use Illidan's demon form

Both are dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    voted Demon Hunter but honestly I'd like Dark Ranger

Where is the option for no more classes so Blizz can focus on getting the currently classes balanced which they have been unable to do since the game was released? Every time Blizz releases a new class it is massively OP and fucks everything up for a long time.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Where is the option for no more classes so Blizz can focus on getting the currently classes balanced which they have been unable to do since the game was released? Every time Blizz releases a new class it is massively OP and fucks everything up for a long time.
    It's the fourth option.

Deleted
    It's definitely tinkerer, cause derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must have hit a nerve or something. Does this really require 2 threads?

We need another class like we need another thread about new classes.

I voted neither.

And when will mods start closing these threads? They are very clearly just repeat threads, no different from necro posting

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It doesn't need 1, but this.
    "I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." - Frank Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Reroll as a Male NElf Warrior (make sure to choose the model with the hidden eyes), get the Warglaives and put them in your backpack, build an appropriate mog set (you're on your own for that part), and get the Glyph of the Weaponmaster in 5.4.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
    Nothing is going to ruin the awesomeness of the demon hunters more than seeing hundreds of them running through cities in huge numbers like common citizens, or killing kobolds. In a sunny forest. Death knights were seen as the same kind of awesome and I think that's why they had the whole hero class idea so that they were a little more prestigious. But level 55 nowadays is hardly an accomplishment to be rewarded.

What is it demon hunters do, anyway? They hunt demons, that's about it really. I imagine they'd function a bit like rogues but with magic - and we kind of have monks doing that now already. Demon hunters might be cool but honestly I think if they were introduced as a class, they wouldn't bring anything new to the table.

Aside from killing demons, they're really not much better at anything than anyone else. Including them would be like making high elves a playable race. Sure, it'd make sense lorewise and people might like it, but people would just be all like 'wtf these are just blue eyed blood elves lazy blizz just recolouring models and calling it a new race'.

A tinker class on the other hand, I could see as being something much more inventive and new, being able to set up robots or tech that provide buffs or debuffs - stationary, usable items like teleportation / jump pads, or turret guns. Maybe new mechanics like being able to set up big walls that deny line of sight and you also can't move through them. Maybe for the tank spec you get to suit up in a shredder-like machine or kit yourself with some sort of enhanced exoskeleton. Another ranged-physical damage class that makes use of firing tech projectiles like batarangs or explosive / incendiary ammo through handheld railguns, or they can go into battle in melee with gigantic wrenches.

Hell yeah.

Anyway it's probably evident by now but my vote is on tinkerer.
    I disagree with your stance, as I'd expect a DH to start at 65, and they don't have to fight only demons. But you get a gold star for Dexter's Lab.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither will be added as we dont actually need more classes.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'm equally surprised that a second thread popped up arguing the same thing but with a choice of only DH or Tinkerer.

Well let's just stick to this thread since it was made before the other one.

Also a bit sad, we probably won't see which one it is until the expansion after the next.

I dont want demon hunt at all, But i know blizzard will probably put them in due to the Community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I'm equally surprised that a second thread popped up arguing the same thing but with a choice of only DH or Tinkerer.
    Well its a worthless thread. No one here doubts that the Demon Hunter is more popular than the Tinker. In fact, the Demon Hunter is more popular than the DK and the Monk. The problem is that the DK and the Monk were added because they fit the game better.

That's the point; Demon Hunters don't fit in modern WoW as a separate class.

I'm sure if you put Blademasters vs. Warriors up there, Blademasters would win hands down. However, as an actual in-game class, Blademasters would cause all sorts of problems in terms of class balance.

Just like Demon Hunters.

I just want a bard

So I can do this:

You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.