Poll: Do you like underwater levels.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    voted yes, cause without Vashi'r i wouldn't have been interested to play cata and it was the only amazing thing in wow for a very long time.

At the time, I was playing on a PVP server and I didn't like being in an area where I felt I wouldn't be able to go afk anytime. I didn't have the luxury to mount up and fly to a safe distance to avoid potential gankers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aensland View Post
    At the time, I was playing on a PVP server and I didn't like being in an area where I felt I wouldn't be able to go afk anytime. I didn't have the luxury to mount up and fly to a safe distance to avoid potential gankers.
    Strange? it wasnt just ocean, if you wanted to mount up and fly above to be safe, you still could.

I loved Vashj'ir. It was drop-dead beautiful, and easier to move around in than any other zone the game's ever had. At least, once you got the Sea Legs buff, which took about five minutes. As a melee I never had a problem targeting or pulling mobs there (it probably helps that I use my interface to judge range and have done so since Vanilla), and I didn't miss targeted aoe all that much while swimming. It had some of the expansion's best music and the single best quest line.

I have nothing but fond memories of that zone.

I like it. I think the main problem is that people can't handle 3D gaming. I went to Vash with nearly every char i had.

One of my all-time favourite zones too, loved Vashj'ir - a helluva lot more interesting than Hyjal.

i like vashjir it is great zone for me it was the best zone of cata and only one i liked, love underwater combat and environment in gw 2, would like more games to make zones there. adapting to 3D dunno why all hate i usually play melee chars and it is big fun to fight there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved Vasjh'ir...more please.
    "Brevity is...wit"

If there is another underwater zone or an Expansion that deals with it I'd prefer the go the route of giant bubble under the sea that SoE used in the Katta Castrum zone. All the majesty of being under the sea yet everything behaves as if you were on dry land.

10+ Year Old Account
    My only real problem with vashj'ir was that it seemed to drag on for too long.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Vashj'ir was an amazing questing zone imo. We need more.
    It became good when you got access to the fastest swimming mount. Before that, it sucked.
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    It became good when you got access to the fastest swimming mount. Before that, it sucked.
    Those poor 30 minutes, so grueling! :P

It has been said before, but people can't adapt to a (3 Axis) 3D environment that well. It was kind of funny, since the most 3D you had in Vashj'ir was in the start. The rest of the zone was pretty much everything on the seabed floor, or near it. Most of the time you could swim way above your enemy and make sure you're going the right way.

So it seems I was one of few who liked Azshara (and Al'Akir)?
    And I didnt have problems with moving/orienting in 3D space?

Vash'jir was the only decent new zone of Cataclysm. I wish there were more like that one.

I was very sad when the Fireland patch came out and you were pretty much pigeon holed to do Hyjal again and again with alts because you'd have to do it anyhow because of the Guardians.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I like every underwater level there is. Except Great Bay Temple in Majora's Mask. That place gives me nightmares.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Had exactly the same thought a couple of days ago.
    Just go back to Vashj'ir with Sound on and think about sinking into this huge, different world the first time in Cata.
    It was freaking awesome

I enjoy underwater gathering quest and long zones . Well I'm a druid so I never really even noticed the slow swim speed xD

I though Vashjir was a fantastic and beautiful zone, but it was hard to maneuver in. Overshooting or undershooting quest givers and items and such is something I still struggle with whenever I get an alt there, and I prefer taking my alts there 'cause the ganking is a little less active....'cause most people don't like the zone. Another zone like Vashjir would be interesting to see, but Blizz may need to consider alternate forms of travel. Don't get me wrong, the seahorse was cool, but it still doesn't changes the depth issues when moving in a fully 3D space.

10+ Year Old Account
    its quite simply because wow wasnt made for 3d fighting enviroment with alot of spells failing on z-axis or even requiring ground to place aiming circle on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Most would disagree with you. And I believe that blizzard said the feedback on the zone was not great. I would not expect it.

After seeing the zone once and never finishing the quests there I never went back on ANY alt characters.
    The questlines in Vasjír were superb. The Enviorement and ambience and immersion were superb.
    Most of the criying was from people that cry because they cant use AoE.