Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I accidentally whispered myself. (Right clicked my name instead of who I was wanting to whisper to, whom had a similar name as I.)
    Was confused by how quick and exact the replies were from that guy before realizing that it was me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Mistakes:

1. Rolling a male nelf hunter
    2. Falling off of Teldrassil, though I managed to figure out that as a Wisp you could float away from the tree and get fatigue, which put me back at the spirit healer, where I right clicked and found out about res sickness
    3. Taking the boat to Menethil from Darkshore as a level 12 and making the death-pilgramige to Ironforge with a lvl 2 hunter played by a 6 year old tagging along by my side
    4. Accepting an invite from a random guild with a really terrible name
    5. I stacked spirit as a priority in order to minimise downtime between mob pulls while levelling as a hunter, until a guildie in my latest (better named) guild told me to try out agility for damage instead... I was already level 40
    6. Clicked for almost 2 years (I was still mouseturning though thanks to a lovely mousewheel steady shot binding that I made), lasting from late BC raiding through till mid-ulduar as a clicker
    7. My old UIs were terrible, absolutely shocking, ugh:

8. I was (and still am) terrible with gold

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci View Post
    BC Level 20 or so rogue, bought and used the white daggers from the vendor thinking they were upgrades... not much has changed

can so relate to this..

- - - Updated - - -

8. I was (and still am) terrible with gold
    -broke since the day i started WoW hahahah!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where to start...

Well first of all I stopped questing at around level 14, which is when I discovered deadmines. I didn't know that you could get together 5 people to run them so i always asked my friends, guild, or trade to run me through them on their 80. I got power leveled to 20 or 25 solely through deadmines. After that i just explored and gold begged. After some more getting run through dungeons, I somehow got to 38, which is when I discovered scarlet monastery. After insisting that I needed the herod set multiple times on many runs, I finally got the full set, even the axe. From that day forth I became a melee hunter, without a pet. I remember hearthing to stormwind and dueling a hunter that was in actual hunter gear and had a ranged weapon, and I actually beat him! I was pretty excited.

I don't remember much after that, but I ended up getting banned for gold begging.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Where to start...

Well first of all I stopped questing at around level 14, which is when I discovered deadmines. I didn't know that you could get together 5 people to run them so i always asked my friends, guild, or trade to run me through them on their 80. I got power leveled to 20 or 25 solely through deadmines. After that i just explored and gold begged. After some more getting run through dungeons, I somehow got to 38, which is when I discovered scarlet monastery. After insisting that I needed the herod set multiple times on many runs, I finally got the full set, even the axe. From that day forth I became a melee hunter, without a pet. I remember hearthing to stormwind and dueling a hunter that was in actual hunter gear and had a ranged weapon, and I actually beat him! I was pretty excited.

I don't remember much after that, but I ended up getting banned for gold begging.
    Such a sad ending): I never had to beg for gold, I got so lucky all the time, bumping into strangers who saw I was a newbie gave me around 50g..happy days..

10+ Year Old Account
    Started playing as a shadow-priest back in vanilla. I thought that, because Vampiric Embrace healed my party as I did damage, that meant I was a healer. My friend (lock) and I leveled to 60; he would DoT everything in site and I'd just sit and cast VE/SwP on everything and then mind flay. Never died.

Then, once we were 60, another buddy invited us to go to Scholomance. He asked me if I "was a healer." I learned three things that day: Elites hit harder than regular mobs, Shadow != healer, and my buddy was a douche.

Somewhat related; My first MMO was FFXI and my first character's role was a tank. Someone tried to explain to me that my job was to take damage so no one else did, to which I replied "I didn't like getting hit". I later switched to a white mage and used to constantly get booted from groups because I'd try to DPS the entire time while occasionally tossing out a heal (my subjob was black mage.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    I didn't know there was an autorun function
    The other day, the same friend with whom I've played with since vanilla, asked me if I knew there was an autorun button. My jaw dropped.
    Lightninghoof - US : @WoWNivan

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soth View Post
    Started playing as a shadow-priest back in vanilla. I thought that, because Vampiric Embrace healed my party as I did damage, that meant I was a healer. My friend (lock) and I leveled to 60; he would DoT everything in site and I'd just sit and cast VE/SwP on everything and then mind flay. Never died.

Then, once we were 60, another buddy invited us to go to Scholomance. He asked me if I "was a healer." I learned three things that day: Elites hit harder than regular mobs, Shadow != healer, and my buddy was a douche.

Somewhat related; My first MMO was FFXI and my first character's role was a tank. Someone tried to explain to me that my job was to take damage so no one else did, to which I replied "I didn't like getting hit". I later switched to a white mage and used to constantly get booted from groups because I'd try to DPS the entire time while occasionally tossing out a heal (my subjob was black mage.)

- - - Updated - - -

The other day, the same friend with whom I've played with since vanilla, asked me if I knew there was an autorun button. My jaw dropped.

your buddy really was a douche! hahahah awh autorun!<3

I was a noob BEFORE I even made my first toon it might be a little long so I will try to Shorten it. I read a whole bunch of the guides that came with the battle chest so I already had a idea about what all the classes did before i downladed it. Ok so I download the game on my PC. I see the patcher (it was Cata) I was like wtf they gave me the wrong game because the theme didn't match the box ( I didn't know anything about. I then go back to gamestop asking for mah refund all pissed off and stuff. They tell me its the same game and stuffz I thought they were lying so i went to another gamestop for a refund : /. This time the gamestop dude explained everything to me. Then I went on my merry way playing my druid. I knew witch specs were melee and range and already knew about dungeons and the needing or greed system : /. All it took was about 1 hour of reading because I was interested . I miss the "New" feeling of stepping in the game best time I ever had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Use to buy all new gear every time I leveled.... Needless to say back in Vanilla I never had any gold because of this.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

Quote Originally Posted by Jaq View Post
    Off I went to Hillsbrad, killing dozens of mobs and looting them for much wool. I farmed for like six hours.

And like a complete n00b, I vendored it all.
    Carried a newbie through the 'current raid at the time', and didn't properly explain how tier vendors worked. Found out later that they just sold them to a random vendor. I'm constantly surprised how some people reach level cap without interacting with others or learning anything basic about the game.

I dont think this is the stupidest thing I did, but back when I first started in BC, I used to buy copper and tin ore, and smelt them into bronze bars, then put them up on auction to 'make my money'!. I still don't know whether this was a waste of my time or not, and since I was usually based out of Darnassus, this involved trips to Darkshore at the time in order to smelt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graph View Post
    Use to buy all new gear every time I leveled.... Needless to say back in Vanilla I never had any gold because of this.

I still do O.o

I thought that armor was the best stat, and would ignore everything else. So my hunter was wearing grey and white gear for the most part until around level 50 when I finally figured out that agility was a good thing. I remember bragging to my brother once about finding some white boots inside a clam in menethil harbor, because they had so much more armor than the ones I was using. He laughed at me, but wouldn't tell me why :c
    I used the arrow keys instead of WASD so it was hard to reach the spacebar to jump, or use my number keys for abilities. So I was a keyboard turner and only used my mouse for clicking my skills. It took until the hunter epic bow quest for me to learn to use a mouse and keyboard properly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrune View Post
    I thought that armor was the best stat, and would ignore everything else.
    exactly what I did with my druid before I made my mage..

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't know I could eat and drink at the same time until about level 20 or so. This was in vanilla so before it was a loading screen tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrune View Post
    I thought that armor was the best stat, and would ignore everything else. So my hunter was wearing grey and white gear for the most part until around level 50 when I finally figured out that agility was a good thing. I remember bragging to my brother once about finding some white boots inside a clam in menethil harbor, because they had so much more armor than the ones I was using. He laughed at me, but wouldn't tell me why :c
    I used the arrow keys instead of WASD so it was hard to reach the spacebar to jump, or use my number keys for abilities. So I was a keyboard turner and only used my mouse for clicking my skills. It took until the hunter epic bow quest for me to learn to use a mouse and keyboard properly.
    I think armor was the only thing I messed up on lol. But I learned at level 15.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

10+ Year Old Account
    dident equip any weapons on my warrior because i found it more awesome to punch stuff... how i got to lv 16 is still a miracle

I have been playing since Vanilla day 1, and when I started it was my first MMO. I picked an Enhance shaman and haven't ever looked back, best class/spec in the world ever twice times 5. But since I had no idea how to really play I geared just horribly. Instead of going for agility or damage, I tried playing how I wanted and would equip nothing but "of the Whale" gear, which is Stam/Spirit......I just really wanted high health regen

also like I said I started playing back in Vanilla, back when no matter how you look at it so specs just were not up to par to others, or how classes were herded into certain roles. Looking back now (well tbh even back then) its kinda funny at how mad I would get when there would be some druid spec'd feral instead of resto or a priest trying to shadow tank (WTF WHY DID PEOPLE DO THIS, SHADOWFORM WAS NOT THAT GOOD!!!!) seeing as I "should" have been resto myself

10+ Year Old Account
    I attacked the world dragons multiple times because it figured if they were in the zone they must be killable at that lvl...

10+ Year Old Account
    I started on an Dwarf Paladin. After seeing a dwarf in the cinematic with a big fucking bear, I wanted a big fucking bear of my own. I didn't realize that only hunters could have combat pets so i spent a good twenty minutes in trade trying to figure out how to get a pet bear. They had to have been trolling me until at last some person told me the truth.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I also rocked a staff as a warrior for a good 6 levels because it had higher DPS. Had no idea what stats were for until 35~40.