Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a horde player (and a writer), I would be upset if they were neutral. It just isn't compelling

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    The Alliance has 4x the number of interesting characters, so it's hilarious to see Alliance players so upset about stuff like this.

GEE I WONDER WHY THEY HAD TO BE NEUTRAL
    yeah.... not like theres this thing called writing where someone can write NEW characters or anything...
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yeah.... not like theres this thing called writing where someone can write NEW characters or anything...
    which then creates too many characters (which to me WoW already has this problem)
    Cant give decent development to all those characters at regular intervals
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    which then creates too many characters (which to me WoW already has this problem)
    Cant give decent development to all those characters at regular intervals
    so?

not everyone needs to show up to every party
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    i dont think illidans the type to side with anyone. hes more of a solo type of guy
    Because Tyrande friendzoned him for his brother, lol.

I suspect Turalyon would be a alliance NPC very much at the for front leading the alliance war effort vs the legion. Alleria may work with a neutral faction trying to mediate and bring together for the war the Blood Elves and High Elves. She might also try and mend the bonds between Vereesa and Sylvanas. Sure she will still be Alliance at heart but for the sake of the war she will work with both sides via a neutral faction. It makes a lot of sense since she could rally support on both sides.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensui06 View Post
    I suspect Turalyon would be a alliance NPC very much at the for front leading the alliance war effort vs the legion. Alleria may work with a neutral faction trying to mediate and bring together for the war the Blood Elves and High Elves. She might also try and mend the bonds between Vereesa and Sylvanas. Sure she will still be Alliance at heart but for the sake of the war she will work with both sides via a neutral faction. It makes a lot of sense since she could rally support on both sides.
    Alleria is unlikely. She hates the Horde's guts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Alleria is unlikely. She hates the Horde's guts.
    Yes the horde as she knew it this was before the majority of her people became part of the horde and her sister a major player in the horde power structure. From all we have been told she and her husband have no idea what has happened since then so just saying she would still hate the horde like she once did is foolish. She may not have any love for them but who knows what her views will be once she finds out her people are mostly horde and her sister a undead queen :P

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    so?
    not everyone needs to show up to every party
    true, but you always see people complaining that this or so character dsnt have enough content

- - - Updated - - -

She might also try and mend the bonds between Vereesa and Sylvanas.
    fat chance of that happening
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    true, but you always see people complaining that this or so character dsnt have enough content

- - - Updated - - -

fat chance of that happening
    Oh and why do you say that? I didn't know you were in charge of writing the story for blizzard my mistake.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh and why do you say that? I didn't know you were in charge of writing the story for blizzard my mistake.
    Veressa already has a vile hatrd of her own kin, whats gonna make her more friendly to Forsaken?

They should be alliance only, that much is for sure. The length of time from the events of BC to now has been no more than 10 years give or take a few as far as I know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    That'd be really neat to have Gorefiend on the Horde, but completely ridiculous and awkward.
    It was a shame to throw Teron into a wing of Black Temple, and while I'm not a fan of bringing back characters willy-nilly, it could be nice to have him return as a bigger villain (provided it fit into the story and made sense). A clash with the Darion and the Ebon Blade could be cool.
    OMG Gorefiend is the shit, I loved him as a character before they screwed him up and made him a raid boss. He was all for the horde and helping Nerzul build the horde back into what it once was after the collapse of the first dark portal

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    The Alliance has 4x the number of interesting characters, so it's hilarious to see Alliance players so upset about stuff like this.

GEE I WONDER WHY THEY HAD TO BE NEUTRAL
    I wonder why Metzen didn't write in more heroes for the Horde while he could, instead of having his fixation on Thrall. Gee, I wonder why the Horde don't have that many major figures!

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    They should be alliance only, that much is for sure. The length of time from the events of BC to now has been no more than 10 years give or take a few as far as I know.

- - - Updated - - -

OMG Gorefiend is the shit, I loved him as a character before they screwed him up and made him a raid boss. He was all for the horde and helping Nerzul build the horde back into what it once was after the collapse of the first dark portal
    Indeed, maybe Sylvanas could resurrect him and force him into service?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

They wont be neutral. They hate the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    They wont be neutral. They hate the horde.
    I don't think you could say that Khadgar was overly fond of them, yet he went neutral.

What are you guys talking about? The horde has heroes like Rexxar, Rokhan, Eitrigg, Saurfang and Nazgrel. And yet people are crying over the loss of those sacrificial pigs from cataclysm who fall in SoO. No Horde heroes indeed! What a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    I don't think you could say that Khadgar was overly fond of them, yet he went neutral.
    Khadgar is wise, Turalyon is self-righteous and Alleria will definitely be against Sylvanas. Cannot imagine the newcomers being neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    khadgar didnt do ANYTHING except sit next to a windchime and cry about medivh.

hes not neutral hes just lazy

IMO, Turalyon cons green to Alliance, red to Horde; Alleria cons neutral to both, because her primary agenda is Thalassian independence, disentangling from the Horde. Not "GARRR I must now kill my own people!" which would be a) completely derivative of Vereesa and b) completely asinine... also like Vereesa, who has that covered, and from whom the audience expects less than from Alleria, who isn't the baby, she's the oldest. Her nature will be to fix the proverbial family, maybe the literal one as well.

By necessity, Turalyon might be red to Horde the way that Vereesa is in WOTLK Dalaran, non-aggro, just depends on where they would be in game and doing what.