Poll: World of Warcraft: ... ?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Countdown to Trademark: Predict EXP 5!

Ladiiiies aaand Gentlemen!

With both the WotLK and MoP trademarks hitting the news on August 2, it's not entirely implausible that we'll see expansion 5 this Friday!

So, unless this bold prediction is wrong, this could be the great final opportunity for the community to predict what the next expansion will be.

I'll say Burning Legion, but the real question is... what say you?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to burst your bubble but they've discovered a way around that. They register it in a country without a searchable online database for patents and then transfer it within six months to the US. They used that for hearthstone. It's all proper and legal and it means we won't be figuring out the expansion title that way anymore. We have to wait for Blizzcon.

I say... Nothing, I'll wait and see and will probably be excited with whatever they got coming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble but they've discovered a way around that. They register it in a country without a searchable online database for patents and then transfer it within six months to the US. They used that for hearthstone. It's all proper and legal and it means we won't be figuring out the expansion title that way anymore. We have to wait for Blizzcon.
    You're not bursting any bubbles. If you look at my poll options, you'll see that I know about this eventuality.

Still, though. It's not impossible that the TM will show up, somehow. The internet is resourceful. And we don't know whether Blizzard wants to keep exp 5 under wraps or not. Maybe they enjoy the hype and speculation that occurs after the TM? Maybe the name is clever this time around, not giving away so much of the setting?

We won't know, that's definite. On what it actually would be? Wrathion points towards a burning legion expansion, but it's not necessarily the very next one. At this point, I have absolutely no clue. I think the emerald dream is the least likely, but who knows? I just hope it will have a good story and awesome raids at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    You know that they actually want us to see the trademark right? It's their way of making us hype this game to shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    You're not bursting any bubbles. If you look at my poll options, you'll see that I know about this eventuality.

Still, though. It's not impossible that the TM will show up, somehow. The internet is resourceful. And we don't know whether Blizzard wants to keep exp 5 under wraps or not. Maybe they enjoy the hype and speculation that occurs after the TM? Maybe the name is clever this time around, not giving away so much of the setting?
    I think they will start the hype train at blizzcon. Hopefully it will be awesome. And they are already tweeting that the next expansion will be awesome, sooo....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    You know that they actually want us to see the trademark right? It's their way of making us hype this game to shit.
    Except the reception for Mists was pretty bad in that regard. I think they want to build the hype in a much more controlled way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zox2 View Post
    I think they will start the hype train at blizzcon. Hopefully it will be awesome. And they are already tweeting that the next expansion will be awesome, sooo....
    They always say that, it's marketing. In reality, every expansion fails to surpass the previous so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard are sneaky bastards. Yes yes.
    No Trademark for us to find.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zox2 View Post
    I'd say you are clueless, then. No offence, but. We all know by now that Blizzcon is way too late for an announcement, let alone slipping the news. They need hype and marketing, as well as time between the news and release.

I'd say 50% chance of TM on Friday, ~70% chance of announcement at Gamescom, and 100% chance of a load of news at Blizzcon.

I think they'll trade mark something burning legion, get the hype train started early and let MMO-Champ do it for them.
    Currently playing: Stuff
    YouTube|Hearthstone Decks|Twitter|MyAnimeList

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that we probably won't find out through a trademark after the Heartstone deal. However, I also agree that waiting until Blizzcon to announce it seems a bit long of a wait... who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    They always say that, it's marketing. In reality, every expansion fails to surpass the previous so far.
    What? I'm very inclined to ask why you think MoP is worse than Cataclysm?

I know it's marketing, I'm just saying they are starting the zero-info hyping up thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omegalega View Post
    I agree that we probably won't find out through a trademark after the Heartstone deal. However, I also agree that waiting until Blizzcon to announce it seems a bit long of a wait... who knows?

What? I'm very inclined to ask why you think MoP is worse than Cataclysm?
    let's not get into the which expansion is the best thing pls

15+ Year Old Account
    In reality, every expansion fails to surpass the previous so far.
    And that is an opinion, your opinion, and that doesn't make it a fact.

Unless someone manages to find the TM registered in whatever small country located in the middle of nowhere, the name and first look trailer will be released at Blizzcon. As far as what the theme of the xpac is, while I want Azshara, and the Legion addressed I hope it is something completely different. Regarding the Emerald Dream, I could really care less about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need hype and marketing, as well as time between the news and release.
    Even if Beta starts right after Blizzcon, that would still give them 6 months minimum between News and Release.

Deleted
    every expansion fails to surpass the previous so far.
    Except that MoP was insanely much better than cataclysm so yeah... theres that...

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    And that is an opinion, your opinion, and that doesn't make it a fact.

Unless someone manages to find the TM registered in whatever small country located in the middle of nowhere, the name and first look trailer will be released at Blizzcon. As far as what the theme of the xpac is, while I want Azshara, and the Legion addressed I hope it is something completely different. Regarding the Emerald Dream, I could really care less about it.
    Nothing makes you seem more hopelessly defensive than telling someone that their opinion is their opinion. The most useless statement you can possibly make, yet you say it like it has any bearing on things.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is Blizzard appearing at any gaming convention thing between now and Blizzcon? If so, then I don't think we'll see the trademark. They'll announce the expansion then without any leadup, as well as the fact that beta will be starting shortly.

If there's nothing until Blizzcon, then trademark on Friday!
    Last edited by Apology; 2013-07-30 at 11:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Except that MoP was insanely much better than cataclysm so yeah... theres that...
    Yeah, if you disliked MoP, you were just a hater period. MoP is/was a superb expansion, and a nice change of pace. I think when we look back on it, it's going to be remembered fondly.

Next expansion will be darker in tone I guess.

We always hate the latest expansion until something else comes along.
    Its simply popular to complain about it, but when the next one comes out people will complain about that instead and realise MoP was not as bad as they made it out to be.