Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

On PvP servers, does ganking still occur?

I haven't played on a PvP server in over 7 years. And the reason I haven't was the amount of ganking.... I was truly bad at PvP, but even more tired at getting killed time after time.... So, I was looking at all the servers I have characters on, and I found a character I used to love playing on a PvP server....

Just curious... does ganking still happen a lot on PvP servers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, of course. The only thing that varies is the frequency and that just depends on server population.
    Lightninghoof - US : @WoWNivan

10+ Year Old Account
    if i see an alliance that is low on life and fighting a mob, sure i land and ease his/her pain a bit.

same happens to me as well. flying mounts ruined ganking btw.

It definitely slowed down after BC, with fewer things getting people out into the world. But now with CRZ, ganking is very rampant. Flying mounts make it a worse experience for the person getting ganked for sure, since they make retaliation nearly impossible. But yes, it certainly happens. I love it, flying mounts aside, but if you hated it back then you probably will hate it even worse now.

Deleted
    For some strange reason the ganking stops as soon as you hit 90

Deleted
    As long as there are bad and cowardly players in wow there will always be gankers so yes

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, still happens. Some people think they are awesome when they do it, I don't understand why. Ganking doesn't even prove your skill, more how useless one is in the end.

Oh, and a new trend happning to people being ganked. If you thank someone for helping you kill the ganker, then you'll get a free insult. Currently a lot of people have been insulted on PvP servers for being ganked in the first place.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Well, what I was thinking was that after all these years, who would even care anymore? Wouldn't the thrill be long gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Talkshowhost View Post
    couldnt agree more its rampant at the dark portal helfire, i saw queit a bit in hyjal also gankers are just cowards and are usualy rogues/druids.

bit off topic and a but not but dose any1 know if the verutal realm thing will merge pvp and pve servers together?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    It definitely slowed down after BC, with fewer things getting people out into the world. But now with CRZ, ganking is very rampant. Flying mounts make it a worse experience for the person getting ganked for sure, since they make retaliation nearly impossible. But yes, it certainly happens. I love it, flying mounts aside, but if you hated it back then you probably will hate it even worse now.
    Oh, I love having the dismount item *grins* So, if I got ganked and I see him fly above - then I get him dismounted, and watch him go splat. The days of an awesome item dropping from a rare can make you kill max levels, hehe. They should add more of those to the game so we have a sorta counterattack.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    couldnt agree more its rampant at the dark portal helfire, i saw queit a bit in hyjal also gankers are just cowards and are usualy rogues/druids
    Rogues, Druids and Mage mostly. That is what I've experienced painfully, the gankers are mostly classes that can run away fast again incase they suddenly get in trouble. But funny part I've seen once, asking a friend to help kill a ganker for me and he did - the ganker called us the gankers suddenly. Yelling at us in whisper and the general channel for the zone we were in. Was amusing. Seems regular that some gankers can't handle being killed by one at their own level.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talkshowhost View Post
    Because the kidz only gank lower lvl people to show their awesome skillz, real hero's.
    Still dont see the point in killing a low lvl player, you always win, dont even have to try.
    Last edited by mmoc9a58a87011; 2013-07-30 at 11:00 AM.

Deleted
    Yes it still happens. What I have noticed more and more since CRZ populates each zone decently again is people taking along a lvl 90 friend that keeps them from getting ganked and letting the lvl 90 gank other people in the area. Kind of sad actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    the ganker called us the gankers suddenly. Yelling at us in whisper and the general channel for the zone we were in. Was amusing. Seems regular that some gankers can't handle being killed by one at their own level.
    its sad that cankers cant handle real pvp where theres a chalange what worries me is when they merge all the servers and they mess up by merging pvp and pve together is that it will kill the game as every1 that either started in a pve realm or moved from a pvp realm coz of the gamking will mostlkly quit coz of the ganking.
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-07-30 at 10:59 AM.

Still? its worse then ever.

Why do you dislike ganking so much? It is part of world pvp. It brings a bit of thrill.
    Keep sitting in your capital city, waiting for LFG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fyl View Post
    Because the kidz only gank lower lvl people than them self, real hero's.
    Still dont see the point in killing a low lvl player.
    To troll them.
    I've done it myself to a guildmate who was getting on my nerves at the time, but also to complete strangers when in a bad mood; so it's more cathartic griefing than anything else in my experience.

If anything it's worse than ever with crossrealm.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    anti-ganker here. If I happen to be in a zone and see a post about ganking, I usually make my way over and do what I can to help. Also usually stomp any low lvl's around, pm them to tell their 90's to lighten up, and then move on.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartungar View Post
    Why do you dislike ganking so much? It is part of world pvp. It brings a bit of thrill.
    Keep sitting in your capital city, waiting for LFG.
    sorry i missed somthing here, wheres the thrill in killing and camping ppl that are 30+ levels lower than u?

10+ Year Old Account
    I support ganking. It's like a right of passage on a PvP server to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    sorry i missed somthing here, wheres the thrill in kill and camping ppl that are 30+ levels lower than u?
    To make them bring a possy to try and bring you down.
    It's strangely fun to kill the mark and avoid capture by his friends.

Maybe I'm going to deep there actually, it's just to troll and feel better when having a shitty day.
    Better that than kicking the dog.