Page 13 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Cool. About time, if anyone remember the "hypothetic" items he had posted back then, the legendary cloak actually reach that Ilvl and those values lol. Things need to get back under control if this game has any hope of ever being balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    I raid to become more powerful. It's all about becoming more powerful. Logging in one day and doing 10% of what i did the day before defeats the entire purpose of playing the game.
    I though the purpose of the game was to have fun. Boy do I feel like a fool now, thanks for setting me straight.

Deleted
    The only thing they can do in a squish that keeps the exponential growth, that keeps the character progression as it is now and that lets us solo raids the same way as we do now is to make a linear squish, not an exponential squish like they're doing now.

Removing 2 zeroes from every number would "fix" it since it wouldn't mess with the scaling at all. Removing 20% off the higher numbers, but 10% of the lower numbers will leave us incapable of soloing the same hard content as before.

(These figures are just examples)

People, they are not removing your level they are just squishing numbers. Get over it

Quote Originally Posted by Cypherr View Post

I can't believe people would care so much if the numbers on their screen are bigger. Here is a pro tip: get a combat text addon and change the fucking font size.
    That exact statement could be reversed right back to you....

You can't believe people would care so much if the numbers on their screen are bigger? Yet here you are ranting....you even mention rant in your own post, that you are ranting. Yet you can't believe people would care so much? Well obviously you care, you care more than most it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I though the purpose of the game was to have fun. Boy do I feel like a fool now, thanks for setting me straight.
    You play the game for your own reasons, I play for my own reasons. I find it fun to progress my character.

Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    I don't know but I am just astonished of what he just said like cmon LOL ''They will gain subs'' because of smaller numbers via combat text and boss health etc.

LMAO I'm dying from laughter
    Maybe this is more widespread than we think.

http://www.anxietymatters.com/sympto...thmophobia.htm

And they'll come running back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    How don't some people understand this? You aren't getting the full picture I know full well what the item squish plans to do. The problem is it won't work. Right now we are seeing massive ilvl increase gaps. This is why we can solo older content. Sure they can item squish the current game and keep soloability relatively the same for current content. But what about the future?

When the next expansion relatively only makes us 30-50% stronger in the world, compared to ~600% stronger like MoP did. How does that not affect the soloability of say MoP raids? It does Greatly. They won't be soloable, and won't be soloable the next expansion, or the expansion after that either. You will have to wait dozens of expansions to be able to solo them because relatively that's how long it'd take top get the same increase in % based gaps.

This is actually why I prefer the method where they just say.. turn 6.000.000 to 6M. I think that may be the best of the methods for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Dude, you are totally using a wrong example. More like, How about we lower peoples wages by 50% andthen lower cost of buying shit by 50% it equals out.

Screw the mega-damage, screw 57473 str and 385856 stam on gear. This will be a great change. The squish should definitely happen
    Yes, that would be nice, but that's not the type of squish they're planning for. They're making higher ilvls drop more in terms of number than lower ilvls. That's baaaaad.

what item squish is? how working?

You play the game for your own reasons, I play for my own reasons. I find it fun to progress my character.
    The item squish does not stop you from progressing your character.

Have you ever considered that feeling powerful = fun for him?

It doesn't. But it does make you feel like you wasted time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    You know. I had great hope for this next expansion. We'd finally see some perhaps better writing than the over-all "war>peace guis" message wow has been sending. We might finally be able to take out some figurehead lore characters that have been around for ages. Hell we might see some progression in terms of our factions leaders and the struggle of having a new warchief and what that means for the Alliance and the Horde.

I had hope for seeing Azshara, N'zoth, other old gods, a burning legion invasion, the emerald dream. I had hopes for walking up to Rhastakan and rub it right in his smug prick face.

All of this, ruined because there is some contemporary fear of large numbers and some sort of artificial "limit to processing capabilities". I said it when the item squish was first announced, and I say it again. It's stupid, it's advocates should feel stupid and all this does is prolong an inevitable train of power. All of you who are scared of big numbers will be seeing big, dumb, 1mill, 10 mill numbers within a few expansions even after your big "Solve everything squish." What's the difference? You got your way to waste time, effort and money to prove that such a vocal minority can change so much.

Oh god, I have to go lay down now before my head rends itself in two.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2013-07-30 at 03:57 PM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    This is actually why I prefer the method where they just say.. turn 6.000.000 to 6M. I think that may be the best of the methods for me.
    That's exactly what they need to do. Give a UI option to condense all numbers on gear, hp, dmg... but don't actually change them.

It only makes it feel like the last 8 years were for nothing. I know some people can't grasp that some people feel number size is progress, but many players do. This change is a huge slap in the face for people with this mentality and will likely make them quit. For example, I see many people logging in on expansion day and saying to themselves "Why should I play for another 8 years just to get back to where I was...?". Relative or not, it feels like a huge nerf. Blizzard stated that when they tested it internally many of the employees did not like the change and ultimately they decided not to do it for MoP. Now they are saying they will, even though some of their own employees said it didn't feel right.

A simple UI option to condense numbers is more reasonable. It pleases both parties, and is much easier to develop. If they force the item squish on players, they will lose a lot of subs... even if some people cannot understand this mentality. =/
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2013-07-30 at 04:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it just destroys 3-5 years worth of progression I already did. Why not just delete him and make me start over?

ITT: we find out each person's motivation for playing. Against the squish? He/she plays for gear, prestige and satisfaction of seeing bigger numbers. Indifferent/for the squish? Plays to enjoy the encounters, rather than gear. Example:
    No it just destroys 3-5 years worth of progression I already did.
    For him, progression = bigger numbers on his gear.
    Last edited by praseodymium; 2013-07-30 at 03:59 PM.

What I think he is trying to say is that it will feel like resetting his character(s) power by doing the same dmg he did back in vanilla/tbc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Forcing people to group for old content would be The Worst Idea Ever and I would imagine would cause a mass exodus.

That said, there's no way that would happen and as been said, everything would scale. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypherr View Post
    Why is it so absurd? Get your minds out of Vanilla and BC. We're YEARS away from them now. Also if you're not subbed to the game then why the fuck are so many people lingering around? Your opinion doesn't matter anymore, thanks.

I can't believe people would care so much if the numbers on their screen are bigger. Here is a pro tip: get a combat text addon and change the fucking font size.

/endrant

Wait a minute...

I can't believe people would care so much if the numbers on their screen are smaller. Here is a pro tip: get a combat text addon and change the fucking font size.
    FIFY

Do we have any english-language source for the item squish? Now we have "Might happen (or even will happen), but translation is wonky so might even not happen", so basically we know little more than we did before... @_@