Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Well would be nice if we had to group up again for old content and hard elite quests, those that require 4 pple instead of 1 =/
    But time will tell ^^

And I think it would be stupid of Blizzard to change WoW's outdated and irrelevant content up again just to satisfy the cry for making older content seem harder.

Why not just do the item squish with a normal and quick certain percentage decrease for -everything-, and then to give people the choice to group up for older raids, they could add a feature sort of like challenge mode but for older raids and dungeons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orioxez View Post
    There's nothing about an item squish that requires old content get more difficult. It simply means making numbers all around smaller. Player power relative to all present content will remain the same, the only thing changing is the numbers.
    Yeah, I'm not sure why I thought that. I guess I kinda derp'd.

Edited out my edit.

I can see it in raids "omg noob 800dps l2p". This is a great change I think because next expansion we will probably be doing 1mill damage on average.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    And I think it would be stupid of Blizzard to change WoW's outdated and irrelevant content up again just to satisfy the cry for making older content seem harder.

Why not just do the item squish with a normal and quick certain percentage decrease for -everything-, and then to give people the choice to group up for older raids, they could add a feature sort of like challenge mode but for older raids and dungeons?
    I just think it would make the world a little more social if they did that ^^
    But i just think the current difficulty is not really correct with the quests, like there are quests that say *required 4+ players* and then i can solo the NPC without even having a single amount of trouble =/
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Marksman12 View Post
    Front page.
    Front page has a link to the original article published in 2011

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I could've sworn they said this before Cataclysm was released too. Maybe they were just thinking about it then too.
    I think that you mean this: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9995063

EDIT: bah the guy above me beated me =/
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Baladash View Post
    Front page has a link to the original article published in 2011
    Sigh....

Interview.

It's not that fucking hard you know.

Quote Originally Posted by orioxez View Post
    There's nothing about an item squish that requires old content get more difficult. It simply means making numbers all around smaller. Player power relative to all present content will remain the same, the only thing changing is the numbers.
    the thing to remember player stats didn't start to get out of control until the end of start of Wrath so I cannot imagine anything prior to wrath will get much of if anything of a squish. How would 1-60 work hp and damage wise? That is balanced well enough in regards to player stats and stats on items.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that you mean this: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9995063
    Hmm, I guess it was MoP where the Blues were talking about it.

I know I heard about it during the cataclysm beta, but I'm just going to write that off as other people (non-blues) talking about it.

Deleted
    everything will be scaled down; I dont know why people think it will kill soloing. We will still be able to solo content as easily as we do now, just the numbers are smaller.

Because you don't know enough mathematics to understand what is the consequence of transforming a exponential function stat progresion in a liniar stat progresion .

Unlike you , those guys just understand.

No matter what , your ability to solo things will be heavy nerfed if this thing go live. The laws of the mathematics assure you of this.
    Last edited by mmoc1e4c5b7903; 2013-07-30 at 01:47 PM.

edit: derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Some people want to think they'll decrease player power and thus kill soloing.

I say that's a waste of time and Blizzard could never realistically do that due to the backlash. Even if they did, it'd be like the RealID fiasco where the rage is too big and it'd have to be reverted.

I say, just a certain percentage across the board so everything is weaker while the player power remains exactly the same.
    If they do decide for the squish, soloing will be affected no matter what. But I don't think having to bring along a friend or two is a bad thing. I know that when players are used to something, they dislike when that thing is made harder, but before Wrath, soloing old raids was never an option and everyone was fine with it. I don't see why people couldn't get used to it. Although I'm sure that large number of players will be outraged by it.

Old item squish article with charts:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3885585

I also hope that they increase item level at a slower rate in the next expansion so that content remain a bit more relevant for longer than just a couple of patches.
    Last edited by El_Diabl0; 2013-07-30 at 01:48 PM.

everything will be scaled down; I dont know why people think it will kill soloing. We will still be able to solo content as easily as we do now, just the numbers are smaller.
    If they squish things how they've previously said they would then it will affect soloing....Rather than an exponential growth in gear they proposed a more linear one

It was argued about when it was first proposed and the verdict was that it would mean you wouldn't be able to solo as easily what you previously could

I just think it would make the world a little more social if they did that ^^
    But i just think the current difficulty is not really correct with the quests, like there are quests that say *required 4+ players* and then i can solo the NPC without even having a single amount of trouble =/

That's why it's outdated and no longer relevant.

I think they should focus on future content instead of coming back all the time to make old content seem more in line with what players expect, even when it's no longer relevant.

For harder old school raids, I'd say something similar to challenge modes. I also think they should get it over with and make scenarios the replacement of group quests instead of it replacing dungeons. After all, scenarios were meant to replace group quests.

Also the monsters of level 1?
    Like the wolfs will have like 10 HP instead and everyone at level 1 will damage 1 and crit 2? =P
    The lowest levels will scale down much less than the higher ones. The gap between a 60 and a 90 will be reduced I assume. Gap between new max level and 90 will probably be much steeper though.
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2013-07-30 at 01:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Sigh....

Interview.

It's not that fucking hard you know.
    Please forgive me - The main page has different information so you could easily see why someone could get confused if they didn't read the interview.

10+ Year Old Account
    The pro squish crowd is determined to destroy what's left of wow. Regress our characters back to level 70, man i just hate it. I wish i quit this game at the end of cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Baladash View Post
    Please forgive me - The main page has different information so you could easily see why someone could get confused if they didn't read the interview.
    Actually that link is from the front page. If you press "the translation" it brings you in that thread.

Deleted
    Ah the item squish debate; where we all bicker about the differences between linear stat progression and exponential stat progression and bang our heads on the table talking about how a 95(?) character squished to linear progressed stats solos content created in an exponential raised stats age. Will Illidian and Arthas be squished with us and if not how does that effect the game; will multitudes of solo-ists flee from this world of smaller digits?
    Who knows? Personally, I would need more information before forming an opinion either way but one thing I'm certain of; little Johnny isn't going to log into 6.0 and have his 90 sitting at 25k health doing 6k DPS. That's a surefire sub loss for WoW if I've ever seen one.

Where are ALL of the braindead morons who were calling me (and all of the others who were supporting it) stupid when I said this was going to happen?

oh that's right, not really on that high of a horse now hm? suck on that.

What happened to ''blizzard will never do it because it's dumb because we won't feel as powerful durp durp (even though the same people claim that high numbers aren't a problem because ''it's just numbers'', but somehow they have a problem with the numbers being low again).

That's what you get for being a fucking moron who can't see beyond your own nose.

[This post was infracted for flaming.]
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-07-30 at 02:52 PM.