Page 50 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that they should get rid of the Gold Squish, in which you need to multibox 4/9/19/24/39 others into your dungeon/raid in order to get maximum profit. That hurt soloing in the long run, no matter how many times they add battle pets to the instance, considering a round of dailies in Pandaria now makes more money than soloing as it stands, loot, turn-ins, and all.

I wish Blizzard would have never brought up this binary discussion. It will binary forever, there will always be people who like big numbers. So, there will be another Battle.net Real Name ID riot all-over again. Regardless of the sugar coating and Blizzard's wanting, I hate the idea, and will hate it until I die IRL.
    A wise saying once said "A wise man builds a foundation from the bricks others have thrown at him."

Deleted
    maybe take it back to the times of Wrath i didn't mind that. But in cata the numbers got stupid and they carried on into mop so wouldn't mind lower numbers ^_^

coming from pen and paper, even vanilla numbers were a bit stupid. However I don't mind tanks hitting 10k-ish life and such. What I do mind is that I have comparable life to effing Ragnaros. That should not happen.
    I don't want raid bosses to be not soloable. It's one of my favorite things to do on my "off-nights". But 10 seconds for a boss is just wrong. They should always be a challenge. I understand that is not necessarily fair, because there are tremendous differences in soloing capabilities between classes, but a system similar to diablo's Monster Power could work rather well, but the minimum difficulty of soloing a boss should be much-much higher. (Minimum difficulty as in amongst all the old bosses)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zox2 View Post
    coming from pen and paper, even vanilla numbers were a bit stupid. However I don't mind tanks hitting 10k-ish life and such. What I do mind is that I have comparable life to effing Ragnaros. That should not happen.
    I don't want raid bosses to be not soloable. It's one of my favorite things to do on my "off-nights". But 10 seconds for a boss is just wrong. They should always be a challenge. I understand that is not necessarily fair, because there are tremendous differences in soloing capabilities between classes, but a system similar to diablo's Monster Power could work rather well, but the minimum difficulty of soloing a boss should be much-much higher. (Minimum difficulty as in amongst all the old bosses)
    Maybe this is the time that Challenge Mode raids are introduced. I'd almost even expect them for the next expansion at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, but I like having almost 1M HP and hitting for 500-600k crits

ilvl Squish addon

Bliz should just cut everything in half,.. all damage, all hp,.. ilvl's in half,.

#'s all smaller now...

just EVERYTHING divided by 2.
    everything/2= squish..

then anyone buthurt or raging about it we make an addon... x2... it takes every number in the game and times it by 2.. recount?... times it by 2.. boom problem solved,.. peps that like big numbers and cant wrap there head around the game still being the same even with smaller numbers,.. boom addon fixes it,..

next addon is the x10 addon... you like final fantasy,.. boom!,.. get the x10 addon and see the millions of damage fly..

- - - Updated - - -

doesn't even have to be half,.. could be cut less tehn half,.. whatever number they want,.. the key thing is to keep it simple so developers time isn't bogged down to much on this and they can move on to cooler things.
    I rather tank in hell then dps in heaven

Honestly a reduction in values is not going to effect relative player power in the world when done correctly. It's also probably going to make some balancing issues easily remedied. As someone who raids for progression I'm in favor of a system that makes parsing information and balancing easier for developers rather than sitting at 1 million HP raid buffed (in 5.4 I'll probably be clearing that easily in the gear that's available).

Quote Originally Posted by Alexor View Post
    ilvl Squish addon

Bliz should just cut everything in half,.. all damage, all hp,.. ilvl's in half,.

#'s all smaller now...

just EVERYTHING divided by 2.
    everything/2= squish..

then anyone buthurt or raging about it we make an addon... x2... it takes every number in the game and times it by 2.. recount?... times it by 2.. boom problem solved,.. peps that like big numbers and cant wrap there head around the game still being the same even with smaller numbers,.. boom addon fixes it,..

next addon is the x10 addon... you like final fantasy,.. boom!,.. get the x10 addon and see the millions of damage fly..
    First of all, just dividing everything by 2 simply doesn't work, secondly
    the key thing is to keep it simple so developers time isn't bogged down to much on this and they can move on to cooler things.
    Would take even less time from the developers if you'd keep the current state and let an addon handle everything.
    Want to see everything divided by 10? addon.
    Everything the same? No addon
    Everything x10? addon.

Deleted
    Just go with everything dived by x, where x scales from expansion to expansion.
    BC? Divide through 5.
    LK? through 15
    Cata? Through 50
    MoP? Through 100.
    Next Addon? Through 300?
    Just make charakters do the same DISPLAYED damage in leveling gear each addon, and run the current progression in the background.

Bbbbutttt... this would mean my LvL 90 sees starting Mobs as having 1-2 HP....!!!!11
    So what?

Switch displayed number scaling once a character reaches new content: lvl 61, 71, 81, 86, 91... and you're done.

New Addon=new start for everyone anyway. As long as the REAL character power progresses as usual, i see no reason to not do it that way.
    Last edited by mmoc0c8f6d1d73; 2013-07-31 at 10:12 PM.

Yea... level 90 mobs having the same health as level 1 mobs.. I can totally see that happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Would take even less time from the developers if you'd keep the current state and let an addon handle everything.
    Want to see everything divided by 10? addon.
    Everything the same? No addon
    Everything x10? addon.
    Maybe it takes them more time and effort to balance the game with large numbers. They have to analyze billions of pieces of information, smaller numbers and reduced stats would likely make their job easier.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-01 at 06:04 AM.

One interesting thing about the squish, the way GC describes it. He said very little squish is needed before 60.

Basically, the squish would work in reverse of exponential growth. For example, 70s might loose 10% stats, 80s 20% 85s 30% 90s 40% under that method.

This ultimately means 2 things. First it means in wPvP, lower levels get a little stronger vs higher levels. Instead of face rolling an 85 in 2 shots, a 90 might have to use 3 shots. Not a big deal IMO but interesting consideration.

The other result is that we already had lower levels cheesing raids using twink gear. If everything at 90 is squished by 40% while everything at 85 is squished 30%, those 85s actually get slightly stronger relative to 90 content (their base stats and non MoP gear slots would decrease by a lesser amount than the twink gear, whilst the content they were cheesing would decrease by an MoP amount). Again, not a big deal but interesting to consider. Basically, those fights that low levels cheese with twink gear might actually get even easier for them to cheese after a squish.

I'm pretty sure they said maybe.

Super late to popping back in and saying it, but......

Item squish confirmed to not yet be confirmed! ^_^

(I support it myself, though)

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    That's not a squish , that's the Megadamage solution. You can't fix a exponential grow problem with a flat X% reduction .

Squish is transforming an exponential progresion in a liniar one. Go take math lessons.

It's quite interesting how the people who don't understand math , and don't understand what will really happen , complain that the other guys "don't understand".

I suspect they'll increase the rate of growth somewhat from that, as it is a huge dip from MoP (not shown) to the squish. But yeah, it'll be linear.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The gap between level 85 cata gear and mists gear may be slightly more pronounced but item squish won't suddenly make twinks more powerful. Just like everyone else they'll get weaker.
    Well, a fresh 80 in leveling gear will have a much easier time doing ICC after the squish. It'll make Herald of the Titans easier (not having to spend as much time gearing up).

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The gap between level 85 cata gear and mists gear may be slightly more pronounced but item squish won't suddenly make twinks more powerful. Just like everyone else they'll get weaker.
    You aren't understanding. A cata twink will get weaker. But MoP content will decrease by a greater percentage. That makes twinks relatively stronger vs MoP content.

I'll break it down in raw hypothetical numbers for you:

MoP Boss has 100m health, reduced by 50% to 50m.
    MoP Char has 500k health and does 100k DPS, reduced by 50% to 250k health 50k DPS. It would take 1000 seconds for this char to kill the boss.

Cata Char has 100k health and does 20k DPS, reduced by 40% to 40k health and 12k DPS. Before the squish it took 5000s to kill the boss. After it will take 4167s. Again, not a big deal and only a few obscure situations where it will even come into play, but still a reality of the current design for the squish.

That's not even factoring in the secondary stat scaling changes that would come as a result. Some %s would go higher, others lower because not all gear the twink is equipping would be getting squished the same, while the amount of rating required for a % would be.

So yes, while all characters would get "weaker" in a raw numbers sense, some would get stronger relative to certain content.
    Last edited by Abysal; 2013-08-01 at 03:13 AM.

very overdo........should have squished stats after LK

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    Also, boss hitpoints will reach insane numbers. They're already quite insane right now:
    I never realized how bad the problem actually was until I saw this. If the jump 25n-25h is almost 1 billion health for T15, imagine for T17 at level 95...
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The only thing I can say about this topic is that every time I see someone say "but now we can't solo old content!", I die on the inside. It's like there's just no floor for human stupidity.