Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

August 6th Patch - The Queen's Jubilee

Details here.

Looking forward most to the wallet (no more character bound karma!) and Champion Loot updates. I also wonder if this new Gladiatorial arena means you can duel there and there only.

Ok, looks like they'll be adding a SPVP Solo mode. Should be interesting.

Also, nice new sword skin. Wonder what the dagger will look like...

Last edited by carnifex2005; 2013-07-30 at 01:58 PM.

an update not in Lions Arch, nice

Deleted
    Southsun Survival over Aspect Arena? Oh god...

Wallet should be here at start. Dungeon tokens in bank no more!

Update looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    an update not in Lions Arch, nice
    Is the arena going where that giant hole is in divinity's reach? It doesn't look like the arena is going away

And omg those swords...

But I have a feeling the separatists are going to make an appearance

- - - Updated - - -

Southsun Survival over Aspect Arena? Oh god...
    I found aspect arena the worst of the 3 added. It's hugely imbalanced and stale imo. All I did was run crystals with the sun buff and LOL it was quite easy dodging all the way across the map to deposit a crystal.

Gief wallet plz. That will free up a butt ton of bank space for me (blasted pvp tokens I'm saving for gearing alts).

I'm looking for a staff for my mesmer and the design on the sword is perfect. However they tend to make staff's shitty and small so I'm not holding my breathe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wallet is good news, but they still refuse a particle slider... idk why. I think they're so obsessed with being 'different' that even if it's a useful feature that should be in every MMO they will not let us have it.

Deleted
    http://i.imgur.com/EQHAuLL.jpg

What's the woman wearing? looks like some kind of new mechanic armor (which would make sence looking at the new industrial revolution humans seems to have) or maybe just something I overlooked in the game?
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-07-30 at 03:00 PM. Reason: thumbnails or resize.

Looks like the aetherblade armor set from the gem store.

The wallet is a nice addition. Though I suspect there will be no end to the trinkets and baubles of GW2 any time soon.

Very light patch notes though. The only content I gleamed from it were 2 mini games- another race/collection one and [likely] a limited PVP one. Which is par for the course since Halloween.

Can the gauntlet be considered a mini game? Seems like a permanent version of the candidate trials but with bosses instead. The other thing though I have no idea what that is on about. Representing your race for something?

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/EQHAuLL.jpg

What's the woman wearing? looks like some kind of new mechanic armor (which would make sence looking at the new industrial revolution humans seems to have) or maybe just something I overlooked in the game?
    Looks like the Aetherblade heavy armor (sans helmet). It is currently in the gem store.

For the people adressing this:

PvP Solo Queue

Solo Arena matches allow you to get right into the action of PvP matches in a competitive environment without gathering a full team or finding yourself fighting against a pre-formed group. Solo Arena has its own leaderboard so players can earn rank without affecting their Team Arena standings.
    They're finally splitting up tPvP so that you get "teamed tPvP" and "solo queue pvp" meaning that yoloQers no longer will be teamed against "pre-mades", we'll soon find out how much life there really isn PvP.

There will not be a 1v1 arena!

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post

They're finally splitting up tPvP so that you get "teamed tPvP" and "solo queue pvp" meaning that yoloQers no longer will be teamed against "pre-mades", we'll soon find out how much life there really isn PvP.

Damn. Too bad. 1v1 would have been fun to watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fight in the Queen’s Gauntlet – Begins August 6

In the special Queen’s Gauntlet, you will face increasingly difficult challenges of single-combat against unique bosses. Cheer on your friends or show off your skills to the world. Take a risk with special gambit conditions to earn even more prestigious rewards!

Sounds like spectator mode is coming to PvE
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post

Sweet solo queues, finally =) Just need them to handle leavers a better way than today, will wait and see what people say after patch launch before I hop into game again. If leavers are well punished, so that leaving becomes less of an option than today and you can go full team vs full team, then I will hello GW2 again =)

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Sweet solo queues, finally =) Just need them to handle leavers a better way than today, will wait and see what people say after patch launch before I hop into game again. If leavers are well punished, so that leaving becomes less of an option than today and you can go full team vs full team, then I will hello GW2 again =)
    There was some datamined files of error messages stating "You can not re que because you recently deserted"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    There was some datamined files of error messages stating "You can not re que because you recently deserted"
    Sounds promising =)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Fight in the Queen’s Gauntlet – Begins August 6

In the special Queen’s Gauntlet, you will face increasingly difficult challenges of single-combat against unique bosses. Cheer on your friends or show off your skills to the world. Take a risk with special gambit conditions to earn even more prestigious rewards!

Sounds like spectator mode is coming to PvE
    Hey look it's the brawler's guild gw2 edition. Can't exactly say anything against it though since I actually liked the brawler's guild but thought it could use some more work on it, let's see how gw2 does with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    Hey look it's the brawler's guild gw2 edition. Can't exactly say anything against it though since I actually liked the brawler's guild but thought it could use some more work on it, let's see how gw2 does with it.
    The first rule of brawler's guild is don't talk about brawler's guild.