Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Also I dunno if it's been pointed out here, but karma will be account bound, which is a convenience. If you don't care about using karma boosters before chugging your karma pots, you'll save a few more bank slots.
    Great change here. I know it's something that a lot folks have wanted (Lane, looking at you).

They'll probably just make it so you can "drag" the amount out of your wallet. I think that's the only real "hard" part about the change.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Doesn't matter, they just handed portal to everyone. Another uniqueness gone.
    There is already an item you can get from a karma vendor I believe that it gives you the ability to port like a mesmer. As far as I know it has been there since launch.

EDIT: found it! doesn't work exactly like the mesmer ability though. http://www.gw2db.com/items/59982-exp...lportation-gun

It's actually not a karma vendor either, just costs 32c
    Last edited by worprz; 2013-07-31 at 05:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    meh too many events..

- - - Updated - - -

Permanent Finishers

We’re adding support for permanent Finishers! With this release, you’ll be able to sort through your available Finishers and choose the one you’d like to use as a default. Change your mind and change your Finisher! Rank up for rank Finishers, or keep an eye on the Gem Store for a new selection of Finishers. Finishers can be used in both PvP and WvW!

tis a shame i deleted my x-mas ones a month orso ago
    Hehe! I never drop my event items! making my bank completely trashy :P! but i like that idea, maybe the game will detect if you had the finishers before so you can pick them afterwards?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    There is already an item you can get from a karma vendor I believe that it gives you the ability to port like a mesmer. As far as I know it has been there since launch.

EDIT: found it! doesn't work exactly like the mesmer ability though. http://www.gw2db.com/items/59982-exp...lportation-gun

It's actually not a karma vendor either, just costs 32c
    Like 1% of the game seems to know about this item. Thought its limited in that it has a fixed range.

And can't be used in dungeons (anymore) or to for vertical leaps or for WvW...

The item is pretty useless since it's nerf (and I've got over a thousand of them...)

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Hehe! I never drop my event items! making my bank completely trashy :P! but i like that idea, maybe the game will detect if you had the finishers before so you can pick them afterwards?
    I"m really not sure why I keep carrying around my fragments of southsun map or the candy powered meter, but some day I'll need them!

I feel a Sigil of the Day coming with the new recipes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    And can't be used in dungeons (anymore) or to for vertical leaps or for WvW...

The item is pretty useless since it's nerf (and I've got over a thousand of them...)
    It's not completely useless, it can clear gaps. Friends having trouble with a ledge? Use the portal gun. Want to do the boss after FE but don't have a key? Use the portal gun.

They removed the vertical leap function so now your portal will end up mid air, if the vertical distance is higher than can be jumped your gun is useless...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Makes me kinda wonder whether they'll introduce WvW finishers.
    PvP finishers can be used in WvW as well, unless you mean WvW specific finishers for ranks, could be an interesting reward maybe tie it in with the major rank titles.
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Doesn't matter, they just handed portal to everyone. Another uniqueness gone.
    a bit hyperbolic don't you think? it's a one time use and expensive to make item, so what's the beef?
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

The 6 zones don't seem to be interesting. It's just gonna turn into a zerg event chain like always with bosses not scaled properly because of it and their mechanics are pretty much meaningless.

The light the torches thing is fun how? and relates to what exactly? They sure didn't explain what it relates to in game.

The only redeeming things it the 1 vs 1 arenas and the que is going to be LOOOONNNGGGG

1v1 arenas?

Well the bosses are supposed to have anti-zerg mechanics. I'm eager to see what they employ on that end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    Well the bosses are supposed to have anti-zerg mechanics. I'm eager to see what they employ on that end.
    http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/2697737

It's definitely going to be a challenge to get the Queen's Gauntlet achievements. Nice they are adding in a way for a player to show it off if they are badass enough to get it done.
    Valar morghulis

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Many champion purple monkies. You thought 1 was bad from time to time along with random veterans? try a train of them for each 5-10 players above the soft cap they have inplace for anti zergs.
    Last edited by Wilhelm137; 2013-08-05 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    Many champion purple monkies. You thought 1 was bad from time to time along with random veterans was bad? try a train of them for each 5-10 players above the soft cap they have inplace for anti zergs.
    I think you are confusing the Crown Pavilion with the Queen's Gauntlet.
    Valar morghulis

No such thing exist.

You don't want bosses to be zerged you instance off people to a limited number.

Were talking about "2.5 million" players in one zone not even half as big as a zone in Orr unless they instance people off for the bosses it's always going to be a zerg.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    1v1 arenas?
    The Queen's Gauntlet is a series of player vs boss single encounters, each with different mechanics to them. Could be fun, could be frustrating.

The finale boss gives a special mini so you can wander around and show people that you beat it.

It has a system where you can take certain penalties (no dodge, you're on fire, et cetera), which gives larger rewards for winning (though has an initial cost).