View Poll Results: What level to start at?

Voters
161. This poll is closed

29 18.01%

22 13.66%

24 14.91%

54 33.54%

23 14.29%

9 5.59%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Blizz even said in the next patch, if they were to add any leveling, it would be only 5 levels. So with the cap being 95, you have to consider most recent lore... If there was a hero class next expansion it would have something to do with Garrosh, the sha and the lore that follows that. I cant think of any particular class that would be similar, but if they were, I bet they would introduce something new right at the end of siege to follow the ending of this Xpack. They have done it everytime a new Xpack comes in, why would they deter from that introduction style.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    85. I can't stand Outlands, Northrend, or Cata content. I can't even force myself to go through this. And why are people automatically assuming we are going to be leveling to 100? Highly doubt it will be to 100, they will keep it double digits for a little longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prestilence View Post
    Blizz even said in the next patch, if they were to add any leveling, it would be only 5 levels. So with the cap being 95, you have to consider most recent lore... If there was a hero class next expansion it would have something to do with Garrosh, the sha and the lore that follows that. I cant think of any particular class that would be similar, but if they were, I bet they would introduce something new right at the end of siege to follow the ending of this Xpack. They have done it everytime a new Xpack comes in, why would they deter from that introduction style.
    A technology class would fit, given the increase in technology presented in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    I don't think the next class will be in the next expansion, but the one after since we just had monk so,

I'm going with this
    I could also come up with 1 expansion early.

DK = 58 going into Outlands
    Next Hero class = 83 going into Pandaria

So I would say level 80..

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    LoL! Monks didn't fail miserably. The problem was that new players couldn't access them, and old players didn't want to start from level 1 because MoP wasn't very alt-friendly. Monks have a good reputation among the WoW community, and there isn't that sheer level of disdain that a lot of players showed towards DKs in WotLK, and continue to show to the present day.

Over time, Monks will grow to become one of WoW's more popular classes. It's just going to take time for them to get there.
    Brewmaster is the most fun ive had playing besides ele shaman.

If its going to be a hero class the level really depends on the class, lore and the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

I voted for 65, because I can't really see where the Tinker would fall under and the Demon Hunter HC is the only one I can gauge a level for. Imo, Dk's should've been 65 as well, but a Demon Hunter would likely end up at 68 and then go to Northrend.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    If its going to be a hero class the level really depends on the class, lore and the expansion.
    This, pretty much. If it's a DH, 65. If it's a Tinker? No idea, if it's a Tinker for next expansion I'd say 65 or 75. If it's a more obscure hero like a Dragonsworn or whatever, then 75. At the end of the day, they need to make them more popular by allowing them to skip most of the leveling process. The more expansions, the higher that level has to be, though it needs to be in context. You can't have a DH start at 75, because you'd really need to have that Demon Hunter learning under Illidan who'd be dead by that point.
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2013-07-30 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    You can't have a DH start at 75, because you'd really need to have that Demon Hunter learning under Illidan who'd be dead by that point.
    One suspects that if Demon Hunters are added, Black Temple was just a setback.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like another two hander user class(Ones that use Two handed swords, Axes Maces etc). But that's me dreaming.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    75 seems most reasonable, As the DK was 55 which was 25 lvls before end game, so 75 would be between 20/25 levels from endgame as next xpac will be lvl 95 or lvl 100

- - - Updated - - -

I also think that they will need to have a long starting zone, or they will be thrown into final Northrend content, so they're starting zone should get them to lvl 80 ready for cataclysm

A technology class would fit, given the increase in technology presented in MoP.
    Oh now don't start that again, I was just beginning to like you.

I agree though - the idea that one class should even be mistakenly billed (due to perception by players, etc..) as inherently stronger is just silly.

That said, I think monks are by no means a failure; their absence in end-game is probably due to two things:

1. They take a lot longer to level and get raid-ready than DKs did so you don't see as many since most people stuck to old characters and are still raiding with them.
    2. I think they were a desired niche but not quite as "vital" to the average War3->WoW player's happiness as the Death Knight was - that's just my thought but I feel like just the existence of the Paladin and the absence of the DK made them much more desired and thus more played (level 55 start probably helped :P)

Monks are definitely not a failure though, they're enjoyed by those who do play them and I think new classes don't need to be above the lowest-played to be successful; ~5% of 17million odd characters are still monks, that's a good sign to me.

So yeah - I don't know that they'll do another "hero" class coming up; I wish they would've never called it that and just had the DK start at 1 but instantly hit 55 after doing the opening area. I think a system like that would work best for whatever the upcoming class is - starts at 1, hits 70 or so after doing 1-2 hours of opening content.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

I have a feeling that one day we'll be able to buy a "hero" version of any class, but if they were to add a new hero class, I'd guess it would start at 75.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    One suspects that if Demon Hunters are added, Black Temple was just a setback.
    Well, his body was never recovered.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Start them at lvl 1 so they know how to play the damn class.

Quote Originally Posted by Celawien View Post
    Start them at lvl 1 so they know how to play the damn class.
    Now you see, that wasn't the issue that DK's had. The issue was that they were ridiculously strong and bad players could still put out good results. Their inability to die while questing, because of their array of survival skills; Back then DS was 10% per hit (20 on a KB with Glyph), IBF and AMS always gave you RP back (Something Cata took away ;/) so you'd always have RP. You didn't have to talent Death Pact, which was only 40% (Not the 50% now) of your Ghoul's life, but you also had more defensive passives as every tree could tank, potentially (Unholy was the weakest Tank, largely because it lack any additional CD (VP for Blood + more Stam and UA for Frost + more Armor).

The problem was players having this all-inclusive toolkit and the ability to tank in every spec lead to players saying "i can tank this" and just failing completely. No level of forced leveling would've made them learn. And anyway, I can level up on Warriors spamming Victory Rush and Strike; Because I've leveled to 90 do I automatically qualify as a learned player because I've sat through the leveling process from one? No. It just means I actually sat and leveled. And anyway, it's not as if you level 1-60 and learn anything, you just one shot everything and never die. Funny that, sounds exactly like DK's in Wrath. No wonder alot of 90's today regardless of class are awful, including Monks.

10+ Year Old Account
    To those naysaying the monks get ready for them to hit the top 3 why? Full Hybrids. Pally & Druid will stay at the top for the same reason so long as neither of them gets nerfed into the ground, which won't happen cause of the sheer amount of players that have them as mains. I know alot of people don't mind leveling another toon but the monk playstyle for the most part (esp tank) requires finesse not just number punching. It can be intimidating.

Far as another hero class, IF they do it I can't see them making you level it thru more than 2 previous expansions. So 80-90 (Cata/Mist) then 90-Xlvl (6.0) for example. Probably require a toon of max level for whatever the battle chest has now to make so 80?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ximinez View Post
    To those naysaying the monks get ready for them to hit the top 3 why? Full Hybrids. Pally & Druid will stay at the top for the same reason so long as neither of them gets nerfed into the ground, which won't happen cause of the sheer amount of players that have them as mains. I know alot of people don't mind leveling another toon but the monk playstyle for the most part (esp tank) requires finesse not just number punching. It can be intimidating.
    Yep. The most popular consistent classes are full hybrid classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. The most popular consistent classes are full hybrid classes.
    Was also the reason they put monks on the W/H/S token. DKs will stay popular though probably a consistent 4-5 as long as they retain their soloability via self healing and lower damage intake. If they ever do a revamp (that I think is needed) with spec redesigns (unholy going ranged caster) or maybe even 4th specs (shadow purple/death oriented spec, maybe caster this way instead?) we'll see DKs retain that top 6 spot for sure.

Well, here's my theory. Watching Wrathion's little ingame 'movies' during the legendary quest phases it obvious that the Burning Legion is on the way. I reckon 90-95 will be a full on invasion of Azeroth. Horde and Alliance eventually fight them off. 95-100 Alliance and Horde invade the Burning Legions homeworld for some payback. Obviously Demon Hunters will be the next class to tie in with the theme of the expansions.

But - here's my twist. You have to sacrifice one of your existing characters to Demon Hunter training aka the first class swap.

Blizz could put the onus on the players then to make the hard call on what alt or main they sacrifice.

Lastly if I was Blizz and wanted maximum $$$$ and player commitment, I would bring back the commiting to a year contract. I'd have some random Game available and the ability to level Demon Hunters for 1 month before the rest of the playerbase are allowed access when the new expansion goes live. You start at whatever level you reach.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yem View Post
    On the site you provided, if we're only looking at level 90 :

- US : DK 3 / Monk last
    - EU : DK 4 / Monk last
    Hell let's talk 1-90.

- US : DK 4 / Monk last
    - EU : DK 6 / Monk last

What about 65+ to weed out those who quit in Outland?

- US : DK 1 / Monk last
    - EU : DK 1 / Monk last

Regardless of the level range you look at, Monk is always in last. Seems very indicative of a failed class to me. And we should be having a discussion on what went wrong with the Monk. Did it play bad, was it underpowered, or did people hate having to re-level?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I honestly feel that the hero class concept was one of the worst ideas Blizzard ever came up with. I understand why they did it, but man was it terrible.
    Urm ... What ....

I fail to see what was bad about it at all. Hero Class ultimately just means it doesn't start at level 1, and anyone who claims you can learn a lot about your class between 1 - 80 is just full of bullshit. The play style of 80+ changes a lot, and again at Raiding / PvP at level 90.

New Hero Class = Level 55 as well.