Deleted

Unhappy Blizzard and their arena changes for 5.4!

Alright everyone, as you might know blizzard is removing arena teams.
    Well anyways, does this mean that you can't play with your friends for fun without losing rating / win lose for the whole season?

Are they going to put a Restart button or something ingame so you can reset your bad rating?

Incase you can't, i'm not so certain that i'll keep playing for the next patch. as i find it interesting to try new combinations and play with friends. If you can't do that, without it having impact on your whole season... Sigh that would just be dumb!

So guys.
    1: Are there going to be a reset button?
    2: Why did they even remove arena team?
    3: What do you guys think about these arena changes?

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Why would there be a reset button, it's unnecessary. If your MMR is bad, you'll end up with bad rating regardless of how often you try to reset it.
    2) To make arena more accessible, probably
    3) Too early to tell, it seems good for now, but I'm fairly sure someone will figure out how to exploit it and turn it into shit. I guess time will tell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    1) Why would there be a reset button, it's unnecessary. If your MMR is bad, you'll end up with bad rating regardless of how often you try to reset it.
    2) To make arena more accessible, probably
    3) Too early to tell, it seems good for now, but I'm fairly sure someone will figure out how to exploit it and turn it into shit. I guess time will tell.
    Atm i play at 1800 mmr+ but i cant play with my 1000 - 1400 mmr friends because then i'll lose and spoil my rating for the rest of the season aye?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the changes because it ruins my carrying business, I hate playing the auction house so now my only way to make gold is gone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    I don't like the changes because it ruins my carrying business, I hate playing the auction house so now my only way to make gold is gone.
    You could always level leatherworking and plant motes of harmony on your farm = easy 500g/leg armor. Ofcourse, that requires some work so...

Quote Originally Posted by Utakatarocks View Post
    Atm i play at 1800 mmr+ but i cant play with my 1000 - 1400 mmr friends because then i'll lose and spoil my rating for the rest of the season aye?
    As opposed to the current system, where you'd have to abandon your personal rating entirely to play with friends? It's not really an improvement but I don't see how it's any worse either. In either system you can queue more games on a good team and push rating again.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I sort of like the change, it will make people a lot more competitive to the point they don't want to play with newbies anymore -at all-.

This change is really good for high rated players who only do high rated PvP ever, but sucks for those who aren't high rated yet and try to improve their rating and have some fun in the mean time.

How is this different from the present state of things?

I actually can't wait for the new system to come out. Than I can play a different comp everyday with friends from different servers!

The whole arena system and arena team system is largely still the same since it's release in Burning Crusade. I think it will be a great, refreshing update. Think of it working similarly to how the Rated Battleground System works.
    "Three Apples changed the World, 1st one seduced Eve, 2nd fell on Newton, and the 3rd was offered to the World half bitten by Steve Jobs."

10+ Year Old Account

Lets say that you play 200 matches at 1800 mmr, and maintain a 50% win/loss ratio.

Now, lets say you play 20 matches with your friend and have a 5 win/15 loss ration.

Your MMR will probably drop 10-11 points.

Just make sure to play a TON more matches at your desired MMR then with friends.

- - - Updated - - -

Lets say that you play 200 matches at 1800 mmr, and maintain a 50% win/loss ratio.

Now, lets say you play 20 matches with your friend and have a 5 win/15 loss ration.

Your MMR will probably drop 10-11 points.

Just make sure to play a TON more matches at your desired MMR then with friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I think the merging of battlegroups is fine, but it wouldn't hurt to leave 'teams' as they are. However, if they go through with this change (and they most likely will), they should bring skirmishes back with this. At least this will allow playing with friends and goofing around. Everyone loved skirmishes.

Additionally, they should keep your MMR from different brackets separate. That way you can help a friend cap in 2's and not have it affect your 3v3 MMR.

Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    I think the merging of battlegroups is fine, but it wouldn't hurt to leave 'teams' as they are. However, if they go through with this change (and they most likely will), they should bring skirmishes back with this. At least this will allow playing with friends and goofing around. Everyone loved skirmishes.

Additionally, they should keep your MMR from different brackets separate. That way you can help a friend cap in 2's and not have it affect your 3v3 MMR.
    I believe this is already true. Io play with my buddies alts to help them cap, and purposely lose games in 2's ahead of time to lower our mmr, and it never hits my 3's mmr.

Change is great. I am trying to push rating with my 3's team with friends, but they arent on as much as I would like to play. This way I can keep Q'ing with other people. Even if I lose some rating/mmr, it wont impact them much, as we can pretty easily gain back that rating, and it wont lower our teams mmr too much (assuming I am not going to be tanking my mmr by 200 pts at least).

Quote Originally Posted by junn View Post
    I believe this is already true. Io play with my buddies alts to help them cap, and purposely lose games in 2's ahead of time to lower our mmr, and it never hits my 3's mmr.

Change is great. I am trying to push rating with my 3's team with friends, but they arent on as much as I would like to play. This way I can keep Q'ing with other people. Even if I lose some rating/mmr, it wont impact them much, as we can pretty easily gain back that rating, and it wont lower our teams mmr too much (assuming I am not going to be tanking my mmr by 200 pts at least).
    I know there's separate MMR On live for diff brackets. Is it safe to assume this will remain for 5.4? If so that's great. In addition to that if they were to bring back skirmishes i'm confident that arena participation would improve.

they are planning on bringing back skirmishes they've said just no ETA atm
    I give bad feedback all the time, I just dont rage or give them shit. Paying for content does not gives you the license to be an asshole.