Shadowstep Macro

I'm having trouble getting a shadowstep/vendetta macro to work. Basically what I want it to do is shadowstep on a priority type basis.
    1. shadowstep to my mouseover target (if I have one)
    2. shadowstep to my target (if I don't have a mouseover target).

Then if I hold shift I cast vendetta on my target.

/cast [@mouseover, exists] [] Shadowstep
    /cast [mod:shift] Vendetta

Tried this last night on Iron Qon (idea was i'd shadowstep to a friendly target that was safely out of the wind storm) but instead of taking me to the friendly I stepped back to the boss in the air and got pretty messed up. Should this work or did I just screw up?

use this:

/cast [@mouseover,exists,nodead][@target,exists,nodead] Shadowstep; [mod:shift] Vendetta

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    use this:

/cast [@mouseover,exists,nodead][@target,exists,nodead] Shadowstep; [mod:shift] Vendetta
    I don't think Vendetta will ever cast this way. You have it casting Shadowstep if there's a valid target, which you need for Vendetta too, so it never even gets to Vendetta or checks for a mod. Should be flipped:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod] Vendetta; [@mousover,exists][] Shadowstep
    If mod is held, cast Vendetta; else if mouseover exists, Shadowstep mouseover; else Shadowstep.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    I don't think Vendetta will ever cast this way. You have it casting Shadowstep if there's a valid target, which you need for Vendetta too, so it never even gets to Vendetta or checks for a mod. Should be flipped:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    If mod is held, cast Vendetta; else if mouseover exists, Shadowstep mouseover; else Shadowstep.
    Thanks that makes sense.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    You're right, good catch. I'd never actually use a macro like this. (ie, putting shadowstep and a dps cooldown on the same bind).

I just pasted my own shadowstep macro and tacked the vendetta bit at the end.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    I dont see why not. I have Shadowdance, on use trinket, battle standard, guild standard, and shadowblades on the same macro.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    I dont see why not. I have Shadowdance, on use trinket, battle standard, guild standard, and shadowblades on the same macro.
    You don't have them on one line. If you still don't see why Shadowboy's macro won't work, write it out in a logic statement. It's basically putting an 'else' before an 'else if'.

I assume OP doesn't want to cast ShS and Vendetta when shift is held either. Casting multiple things at once is something else entirely.

You don't have them on one line. If you still don't see why Shadowboy's macro won't work, write it out in a logic statement. It's basically putting an 'else' before an 'else if'.

I assume OP doesn't want to cast ShS and Vendetta when shift is held either. Casting multiple things at once is something else entirely.
    Correct, I just want ShS when no mod is held and vendetta when i hold shift. The idea wasn't to trigger them both at once, just to save some bar space.

If OP wants the macro to have ShS and vendetta to be mutually exclusive, then it needs to be modified to this:

/cast [mod:shift] Vendetta; [@mouseover,exists,nomod][@target,exists,nomod] Shadowstep

This will only cast shadowstep in the absence of a mod, and only cast vendetta when shift is held down.

Because the modifier checks are mutually exclusive, you can put the vendetta and shadowstep sections in any order.

Thanks, this worked the way I hoped.