All of my wut!? I mean really..?

Left WoW just before MoP. Got a mail from my former GM saying that two of my former guildmembers are getting married RL, with an invitation to join in on a "WoW send off party". Old guildies and new alike got that invitation.

Here's the deal, after downloading the game I was directed to battle.net where the only means to purchase game time seems to be through an authenticator or a game card..I mean really? Since when? Am I missing something here? Why can't I just use the good old "here, bleed my bank account" deal?

tl:dr All of my wut when I can only get game time with an authenticator or a game card bought in the store..
    X:"Echo?"
    Echo: "What?
    Echo: "What?!"
    X: "Nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by Armida View Post
    Left WoW just before MoP. Got a mail from my former GM saying that two of my former guildmembers are getting married RL, with an invitation to join in on a "WoW send off party". Old guildies and new alike got that invitation.
    What? I don't understand... I mean, how come?

Its either a scam, or Just the weirdest thing Ive heard, If they are getting married IRL, good for them,
    But what on earth does It have to do with Ingame? O_O

I am trying to give my hard earned money to Blizzard to participate in this event. But in order to do so I have to order a authenticator? Why the bloody hell have they made it so hard for tards like me to give them my money!?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    Its either a scam, or Just the weirdest thing Ive heard, If they are getting married IRL, good for them,
    But what on earth does It have to do with Ingame? O_O
    Off topic: They met ingame, fell in love, enter RL action

- - - Updated - - -

God damn it...Im so dumb it hurts, just found the correct payment site @Battle.net

Nothing to see here!
    Echo: "What?
    Echo: "What?!"
    X: "Nothing"

You can buy game time with a debit / credit card in about 10 seconds.

Probably a scam.

Youre doing something wrong. I purchase game time without having to use an authenticator and/or time card. Click on the game World of warcraft: Mists of Pandaria under the summary tab on the webpage. Then a new page will appear. Click on Change Game Subscription. Input your CC info and away you go.

As for the mail, how does your old GM even know your email addy?
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armida View Post
    I'm so dumb it hurts, just found the correct payment site @Battle.net

Nothing to see here!
    Closing then. I wouldn't worry about it. Not everything is in plain sight especially if you're coming back after a long absence. Welcome back and I hope the guild party is good for everyone.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."