Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you think ALL the Heavenly/Thundering Cloud serpents will make it to MOP?

So i've been very interested in the NPC Huolon, with the speculation of this rare mob dropping the Thundering Onyx Cloud Serpent, which is, what i've wanted since I saw the first ones.

Checking wowhead though, I've noticed how many cloud serpents haven't even made it in yet.

- Heavenly Jade
    - Thundering Onyx
    - Heavenly Azure
    - Heavenly Golden

We will most likely see 1 or 2 (Huolon - MAYBE and a mount dropping from Ordos)

But would they pick up the scraps?

Good those serpents are ugly as sin, and I dont know anyone that rides them other then the elegon mount

Deleted
    I think I saw somewhere that the Heavenly Golden serpent is actually for sale on the Timeless Isle, for coins, needing some kind of rep.

Will try and find a source.

EDIT: The npc that sells it is called Mistweaver Ku, can't post links yet but he is searchable.

Pretty sure I saw that Thundering Onyx is in 5.4
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    i actually think the sha mount, elegon mount and the heavenly crimson one from t14 meta are actually really nice,thundering ones too, but other than those, the standard ones arent too great, however, i would also like to see these mounts added in game, i can confirm that the thudnering onyx cloud serpent is in 5.4 as it was also added to the 5.4 ptr files sometime this week. apparently, the heavenly golden could be rewarded from Huolon via a pristine egg, but no confirmation on this yet

I hope so, and I really hope at least one Heavenly won't be tied to heroic raiding / ultra rare drops! The cloud serpents are my favourite mounts, and the chances of my ever getting one of the current Heavenly ones is virtually nil :-(

Doubt it; remember the Swift Mooncloth/Ebonweave/Mageweave Carpets?

10+ Year Old Account
    All of the skyserpent mounts look like awesome. The heavenly onyx cloud serpent is the sexiest mount in the game. I am a tad bummed, however, that some of them aren't as "cool" as others. The thundering cloud serpents, for example, could have used SOME further distinguishing beyond "it's got lightning!" They should have made the Alani mount, for example, a heavenly cloud serpent.

Also, there's an ivory cloud serpent skin in the game files that looks quite awesome.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    I hope so, and I really hope at least one Heavenly won't be tied to heroic raiding / ultra rare drops! The cloud serpents are my favourite mounts, and the chances of my ever getting one of the current Heavenly ones is virtually nil :-(
    I hope they're not tied to heroic raiding as well, cus I friggin hate the looks of those mounts :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Also, there's an ivory cloud serpent skin in the game files that looks quite awesome.
    Believe that's last season's Gladiator mount.

Doubt it. They put a lot of recolours in the game without ever using them.

Some might pop up in the TCG? Though it might be too late for that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The Thundering Onyx Cloud Serpent will be from a rare mob on Timeless Isle.

It's quite likely that the Heavenly Jade Cloud Serpent may drop from Yulon.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrinxe View Post
    I think I saw somewhere that the Heavenly Golden serpent is actually for sale on the Timeless Isle, for coins, needing some kind of rep.
    Yes. The tooltip was updated in a recent PTR build to state that it requires reputation with Shaohao.
    - http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=87774
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-07-29 at 02:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Azure one most likely WONT make it.

I think the Ordos mount is the Ashen Mushan.

I can see Jade from the Celestials, and the thundering Onyx has been datamined as a mount, but not a drop.

This expansion takes the record for both largest number of mounts AND largest number of unused mounts (3 unused cranes, 3 unused yaks, 3 unused flying clouds, 4 unused water striders, the already mentioned cloud serpents.).

Meh. Want more mounts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I'm in the boat I think Jade should have been the dungeon drop.
    I'm honestly shocked we haven't had a dungeon drop mount this expansion.

Can only pray Jade wasn't scrapped - It's the most beautiful of the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    I'm in the boat I think Jade should have been the dungeon drop.
    I'm honestly shocked we haven't had a dungeon drop mount this expansion.

Can only pray Jade wasn't scrapped - It's the most beautiful of the lot.
    Could always pray for a new five man in the patch after 5.4 - which would have the jade be a dungeon drop.

that what this expansion needs, more dungeons. they make all these heroic scenarios but no new dungeons. I would like to new dungeons that have new challenge modes that can earned maybe extra eggs so we can learned the other 3 mounts from challenge modes. A few mont drops from dungeons would be nice as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ice216 View Post
    Good those serpents are ugly as sin, and I dont know anyone that rides them other then the elegon mount
    You're crazy, cloud serpents are beautiful!

i really like the thought behind "i dont like this mount so Millions of players shouldnt have access to them"

Quote Originally Posted by Dsfunctional View Post
    Could always pray for a new five man in the patch after 5.4 - which would have the jade be a dungeon drop.
    That'd be awesome.

I'd pray for a ZA/ZG difficulty styled one with a CM attached to it but that's probably asking too much and would make me an elitist or something.