Item level squishing vs. Old content

Guys i was thinking, the item level squishing will disrupt the running old dungeons and raids in some way?

There are numerous other threads and questions about it. It depends how they scale it, and we don't know how they will do it.

how about it just shouldn't happen I didn't pay all this money to be nerfed back down to level 70 power and gear its absolutely absurd and ridiculous and trust me they will lose most of there player base. No game has moved forward to take 30 steps back EVER!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuizin View Post
    Guys i was thinking, the item level squishing will disrupt the running old dungeons and raids in some way?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    In case of an item squish, will relative power of players stay the same in terms of soloing old content?
    Yes. We don't want players to reject the squish for fear of losing the ability to solo old content. (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Dero View Post
    how about it just shouldn't happen I didn't pay all this money to be nerfed back down to level 70 power and gear its absolutely absurd and ridiculous and trust me they will lose most of there player base. No game has moved forward to take 30 steps back EVER!!
    It's not moving back, the only difference is you will see 10 instead of 1000. You can already change that kind of thing with addons, over dramatic much.

Well, this was elaborated! If they squish, it would make you gain less power each level which in turn would affect dungeons etc if they aren't attuned accordingly. I would however prefer that they use prefixes instead of doing a squish, that wouldn't affect anything.

I don't understand how it won't make soloing old content harder, unless they squish everything but that wasn't the plan was it? You can't squish al evel 1
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Oh aqua, thx for the blue post, I had not seen it.

Ignore Aqua's post, it's meaningless. They don't want it, but they cannot avoid it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    It's not moving back, the only difference is you will see 10 instead of 1000. You can already change that kind of thing with addons, over dramatic much.
    No, it is moving back, at least if they do it like they proposed before MoP. What they're planning is quite different from just chopping off the last digits.

For what it's worth, it's impossible to do the squish without affecting old content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    I don't understand how it won't make soloing old content harder, unless they squish everything but that wasn't the plan was it? You can't squish al evel 1
    Even then it would still be affected. Due to it's nature, higher level content will be squished more than lower level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aquamonkey's quote from GC is the best you're going to get to answer the question at this point. Closing this as there are other threads right on the front page on the same topic. If you want to continue discussing this, please do so in the available threads. Please do not create duplicate threads in the future.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."