Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    Yeah except Stromgarde has exactly zero interesting lore implications for even a patch, much less an entire expansion.
    It's the ancestral homeland of the Humans, as it's the seat of Arathor. It has substantial significance for the Human and Forsaken factions, as it is essentially their heritage; Forsaken are formerly from Lordereon and Humans, the playable ones, are from Azeroth (New Stormwind). Ever since it was mentioned that Varian would have to go through the High King trials, it was speculated that retaking Stromgarde could have been one of his trials, perhaps proving that he is worthy in the eyes of his own race before going on to prove himself in the eyes of his Allies.

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    And yet the diehard human fans can't stop foaming at the mouth at slightest mention of the bloody ruin.
    Probably about as much as any diehard forsaken fan gushes at the mere mention of Sylvanus.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet the diehard human fans can't stop foaming at the mouth at slightest mention of the bloody ruin.

Well it's out there. It's hard to NOT ignore it and in fairness I don't foam at the mouth of it. At most, my mind lights up. Still I wouldn't be surprised if someone gets a boner when they hear Stromgarde.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It could play a bigger role in the next expansion / alliance war effort.

We have already been informed by ghostcrawler that the ending of siege will highlight the growing tension between Jaina and Varian,
    With regards to the alliances approach to dealing with the horde menace. This scenario could be used to relocate Dalaran and create a new alliance foothold in the north.

Deleted
    What's with all these people dismissing Stromguarde as irrelevant? It's a major fortified city that has been in the game since WCII and would make for a fine staging point north of the Thandol span. I'm not even an alliance player and Stromguarde gives me the jollies. It's also adjacent to Dun Garok- a subterranean tunnel could connect the two and act as a fine passage of entrance into the Hillsbrad foothills for lowbie alliance players (as well as being a badass dwarf fortress).

At the moment, the Alliance outpost in the Arathi Highlands is literally a hole in the ground.

Danath Trollbane is of the very same house Trollbane of Stromgarde. Oh my how kickass it would be to have Danath Motherfucking Trollbane seated on the recaptured and renovated Stromgarde Throne. From a lore perspective, it'd be nice to have a human capital as separate from Stormwind, for the displaced humans of former Lordaeron and surrounds. Because as it stands, the Stormwind claim to Lordaeron is a tenuous one. Stromguard could be a rallying point for those humans who didn't become forsaken, those humans who wish to fight against their risen countrymen to take the northern EK for the living.

Did any of you play WCII? Stromguarde was badass in that game. I iterate again, as an avid horde fan, an major Alliance push into the Northern EK would be awesome. Give me battlefield Lordaeron! Let the Alliance attack from Southern and Western staging points in Gilneas, Kul Tiras, and Stromguard.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by composemail View Post
    What's with all these people dismissing Stromguarde as irrelevant? It's a major fortified city that has been in the game since WCII and would make for a fine staging point north of the Thandol span. I'm not even an alliance player and Stromguarde gives me the jollies. It's also adjacent to Dun Garok- a subterranean tunnel could connect the two and act as a fine passage of entrance into the Hillsbrad foothills for lowbie alliance players (as well as being a badass dwarf fortress).

At the moment, the Alliance outpost in the Arathi Highlands is literally a hole in the ground.

Danath Trollbane is of the very same house Trollbane of Stromgarde. Oh my how kickass it would be to have Danath Motherfucking Trollbane seated on the recaptured and renovated Stromgarde Throne. From a lore perspective, it'd be nice to have a human capital as separate from Stormwind, for the displaced humans of former Lordaeron and surrounds. Because as it stands, the Stormwind claim to Lordaeron is a tenuous one. Stromguard could be a rallying point for those humans who didn't become forsaken, those humans who wish to fight against their risen countrymen to take the northern EK for the living.

Did any of you play WCII? Stromguarde was badass in that game. I iterate again, as an avid horde fan, an major Alliance push into the Northern EK would be awesome. Give me battlefield Lordaeron! Let the Alliance attack from Southern and Western staging points in Gilneas, Kul Tiras, and Stromguard.
    Did you? Stromgarde (Not Stromguard, not Stormgarde, not Stormguard) was in a few missions, one of them even involved razing the entire island. (Yes it was an island in Warcraft 2).

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Was Theramore scenario also some kind of test?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Except that won't happen.
    Except that is your opinion and that might be wrong. We don't know. But there are hints.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Did you? Stromgarde (Not Stromguard, not Stormgarde, not Stormguard) was in a few missions, one of them even involved razing the entire island. (Yes it was an island in Warcraft 2).
    Eat a schlong, I mistyped the name. Razing Stromgarde was epic- their soldiers were also a major faction (red?) in alliance forces.

Deleted

Why should the Alliance attack Kul Tiras? I mean Kul Tiras is basically Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    Was Theramore scenario also some kind of test?
    Yes it was Garrosh tested his new mana bomb there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Why should the Alliance attack Kul Tiras? I mean Kul Tiras is basically Alliance.
    Kul Tiras would make a fine staging point for the Alliance against Horde positions in the Eastern Kingdoms. Attack from Kul Tiras.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Eat a schlong, I mistyped the name. Razing Stromgarde was epic- their soldiers were also a major faction (red?) in alliance forces.
    You mistyped it over and over, then it's not a mistype anymore. And yes, they were the Red Humans, and no they weren't really a major faction, you just fought them during the 4 missions which were Chapter 2.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    To hell with that. Genn Greymane and the Alliance should just straight-up retake Gilneas.
    It wont stay in the hands of alliance for too long, since it is located in the horde controlled territory. If they decide to make an alliance capital right next to the horde one, they I say they make a similar thing in Loch Modan for example for the horde. Looks stupid, doesn't it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    You mistyped it over and over, then it's not a mistype anymore. And yes, they were the Red Humans, and no they weren't really a major faction, you just fought them during the 4 missions which were Chapter 2.
    *misspelled, then. Clearly never played the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care what everyone says, i love stromgarde keep!
    My personal opinion is that they used old zone + scenario with means in my opinion of course that this is the best scenario yet! =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    To hell with that. Genn Greymane and the Alliance should just straight-up retake Gilneas.
    Yup, they said BACK IN CATACLYSM that we wouldn't leave Kezan to the memory and they had plans to revisit that in the future. And Gilneas is a Huge Map that is a ghost territory right now, a complete waste of a good resource.

Chances are way greater that Goblins and Worgen are to receive proper territories before something as deprecated and with no valuable resources as Stromgard is used. Stromgard would serve only as a mental masturbation to SOME alliance players with ego problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Yup, they said BACK IN CATACLYSM that we wouldn't leave Kezan to the memory and they had plans to revisit that in the future. And Gilneas is a Huge Map that is a ghost territory right now, a complete waste of a good resource.

Chances are way greater that Goblins and Worgen are to receive proper territories before something as deprecated and with no valuable resources as Stromgard is used. Stromgard would serve only as a mental masturbation to SOME alliance players with ego problems.
    stromgard is the original human capital of the arathor empire. its far more important than gilneas or even lordaeron, and danath could finally come back and have a spotlight in the lore.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    It wont stay in the hands of alliance for too long, since it is located in the horde controlled territory. If they decide to make an alliance capital right next to the horde one, they I say they make a similar thing in Loch Modan for example for the horde. Looks stupid, doesn't it?
    It's not really all that close.

And since when has "location" been any real factor in deciding capitols? Theramore was a stone's throw away from Thunderbluff, and a little farther from Orgrimmar. And it's not like proximity would have any real in-game effect.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    stromgard is the original human capital of the arathor empire. its far more important than gilneas or even lordaeron, and danath could finally come back and have a spotlight in the lore.
    Exactly, the Kingdom of Stromgarde is the cradle of the mankind of Azeroth, in fact it is the last remnant of the Empire of Arathor (the first organization of humans in Azeroth founded by none other than Thoradin), being the city of Stromgarde itself in Arathi built on the remains of the ancient capital of the empire, Strom, and being the Captain Danath the last living member of the Trollbane dynasty.

The Kingdom of Stromgarde has always been a reference when it comes to the military power of humans: the Arathi, a warrior people all over the meaning of the word, strong and courageous, practically oblivious to the magic, they do not afraid to fight for what they consider fair. No wonder they have been allies of the Bronzebeard dwarves for generations...

Furthermore, Stromgarde has another meaning for the Alliance. Thoradin, its founder, was the one who agreed the alliance of humans and high elves, i.e. Stromgarde represents the union of friendship and brotherhood that exists between humans and high elves, Stromgarde is living proof that it is worth keeping the alliance between the Quel'dorei and humans.

Danath Trollbane will form an army of loyal men and women of Stromgarde, and along with the support of the League of Arathor, will march from the Refuge Pointe to finishing with all the Forsaken presence in Arathi, ending the aberration in which his nephew Galen has been converted. Once what remains of Galen are ablaze, Danath finally will wield the weapon of his family, the legacy of the Trollbane: the Trol'kalar.

The siege and recapture of the capital of the Kingdom of Stromgarde will be relatively easy, finishing with the Syndicate and the Boulderfist ogres, the capital will back to its ancient name: Strom. Once both Strom and the rest of Arathi lands are under control of the Kingdom of Stromgarde, the work of reconstruction will begin: Strom will become a fully functional capital, Arathi will overflow life in all areas and the Thoradin wall will be rebuilt and will be under constant monitoring and warning against Forsaken attacks.

The Kingdom of Stromgarde will serve as a haven for the Alliance, a refuge for the exiles of Lordaeron, for the refugees from Theramore, for the dispersed High Elves and the Worgen of Gilneas; Strom will be the stronghold of the Alliance further north of the Eastern Kingdoms (for now), as it will become the first step to start other offensives, such as the recovery of Gilneas, the reconquest of Lordaeron, supporting Kul Tiras by sea (yes, Strom should have harbor) or even an attack to recover Quel'Thalas for the Quel’dorei...

Therefore I say:

Yes for a Stromgarde scenario!
    Recover Stromgarde is our duty!
    For the Alliance! Long live Danath Trollbane!
    The red fist will prevail!

Last edited by Northem; 2013-08-02 at 12:16 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's been there since like 5.1. It's a dev testground, like the Emerald Dream had been in Vanilla.

IF it becomes real, I imagine it'll be another Fall of Theramore. Where the Alliance has to evacuate the remaining Humans while the Forsaken plague-bomb the city.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)