Poll: Is building up Demonic Fury, turning into Demon Form what you imagine Demon Hunter do

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Poll: Demon Hunter & Demonology Warlocks with their Demon Form, Demonic Fury, etc

If you have read Rejoice! Demon Hunter .., you know what my opinion is.

But I think we should have a poll, to see where people stand.
    Just give me a two minutes to sort the poll out.
    Poll is up now
    Last edited by Tyrael the Impatient; 2013-07-31 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Update, poll is up.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I imagine DH's Meta(if they even have one, which isn't mandatory) could look totally different(1 look for each spec) and be a CD kinda like hunter's Rapid fire, lasts 30-40 seconds with 2-3 min cd (or less, depending on spec)...

You could have a tank spec that looks like Doomguard kinda demon, the basic spellcaster one that looks more like mannoroth/magtheridon/azgalor(or even better Archimonde/KJ, and the melee dps one that looks basically like Illidan without meta...u just grow horns and wings).

And they would do different things based on spec also: Tank, you gain a passive lifesteal effect and u recieve 10% less damage; Spellcaster, your spells have a chance to double cast; melee, you deal 20% more damage, cooldowns reduced by 20% haste increased by 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    What's the question?
    Is building up Demonic Fury, turning into Demon Form what you imagine Demon Hunter do
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-08-04 at 07:25 PM.

What's the question?

warlocks got a remake at start of MoP to give them more identity, why take that away ?

Deleted
    The Metamorphosis from WC3 was just a cooldown spell, and the warlock one worked pretty much like that for the most time in Wow. Should they ever bring a Demon Hunter class, I imagine it to be like that, or a complete different way.

So basically, are Demonology Warlocks Demon Hunters?

Yes.

Yes, Demonology Warlocks are Demon Hunters.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    So basically, are Demonology Warlocks Demon Hunters?

Yes.

Yes, Demonology Warlocks are Demon Hunters.
    No they're not.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    No they're not.

Gameplaywise, Warlocks have just about everything that makes a DH a DH. True, they aren't set up or balanced for melee combat but thats about the one big difference.

And it doesn't take much to change that..especially as Warlocks have been relatively melee friendly in the past.

Lorewise, you have a point but lore has very little impact on class design and balance. Othe classes pay no attention to it so why should Warlocks be diferent?

As things stand right now....Warlocks and in game DHs both use, summon and control demons. Thdey both makes use of demon magics. They both transform into demons.

You give Warlocks dual wield capability, 1 or 2 melee moves and a suitable rotation, and you have a DH.

Gameplaywise, they are that close.

EJL

Death Knights joined the game.

Warlocks had Death Coil.

You follow the rest of the trail.

Sorry but the Glyph of Demon Hunting (blizzard's intention and message behind adding it) just pretty much killed any chance of a Demon Hunter class appearing.

It gives warlocks wings, it changes their filler spell into a short range swing and it is an obvious reference to Demon Hunters.

DH class would be cool, but it would also mean obliterating a lot of the warlock class and even parts of the rogue class just to make room for DHs.
    Comparing all those major changes to the instance where blizz renamed Warlock's death coil because they added DKs is absurd.

Just not going to happen, be realistic...

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter how we view this, all that matters is how blizzard views this. All things point to Blizzard viewing Warlocks as the home for all things demon-related in WoW.

That includes Demon Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It doesn't matter how we view this, all that matters is how blizzard views this. All things point to Blizzard viewing Warlocks as the home for all things demon-related in WoW.

That includes Demon Hunters.

You can't 100% say that with certainty.

On top of that, warlocks can use Metamorphosis because they -stole- that technique from Illidan, researching it and recreating it. Not because they actually innately have the same ability. Warlocks are currently stealing a -lot- of abilities from bosses, it's mainly what the Council of the Dark Harvest does. They trace down the in-game bosses and recreate their interesting techniques. They are copycats.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    No they're not.
    Yes they are.

I CAN DO THIS ALL DAY NINDORIEL, BRING IT ON
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

On top of that, warlocks can use Metamorphosis because they -stole- that technique from Illidan, researching it and recreating it. Not because they actually innately have the same ability. Warlocks are currently stealing a -lot- of abilities from bosses, it's mainly what the Council of the Dark Harvest does. They trace down the in-game bosses and recreate their interesting techniques. They are copycats.
    If that isn't their intention, then their actions since WotLK makes no sense.

As for the lore reasons; who cares? The bottom line is that Blizzard decided to give Warlocks signature DH abilities because that's the purpose of the Warlock class; a depository for demon-related abilities.

If that isn't their intention, then their actions since WotLK makes no sense.

As for the lore reasons; who cares? The bottom line is that Blizzard decided to give Warlocks signature DH abilities because that's the purpose of the Warlock class; a depository for demon-related abilities.

So Death Knights don't exist?

Because I sure remember them giving warlocks a signature death knight ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Verash View Post
    warlocks got a remake at start of MoP to give them more identity, why take that away ?
    Because Warlocks already had identity -- they just sucked.

The Demon Hunter had about as many similarities to the Warlock as Death Knights used to; by that, I mean there were similarities, but certainly not so many that it barred the Class from existence. With the "new" Warlock, however, Blizzard has basically given them everything; Demon Hunter, Blood Mage, Warlock, Twilight Cultist, Shadow-magic user, even Darkmaster Gandling (who is supposed to be a Necromancer) -- they're not just robust, they're bloated. If anything, it's hurt the Warlock's identity even more, because they no longer represent a large number of things that shouldn't even be connected.

The whole "Green-Fire" thing was the nail in the coffin for a Demon Hunter, and it's a damn shame. Warlocks, from the very start, were built around using Shadow-magic and controlling demons -- Destruction-spec was the sort of the odd-man-out, but they did a lot to give them identity with the Council of Six Daggers/The Black Harvest lore. Now, though, they're become a black-hole for anything "cool", it seems.

Quite frankly, Blizzard needed to fix the Warlock, but they wound up getting carried-away. The Demon Hunter was the #1 requested class after Death Knight, and as happy as I am that Pandaren are finally in the game, I think the Demon Hunter would have been more openly welcomed than the Monk.

It's not the end of the world, namely because I was never personally that concerned with the Demon Hunter anyways (I was a bigger fan of the Death Knight, which we already have), but I do think it's important to acknowledge where mistakes were made, and I think mistakes were made here with the Warlock. It's pretty much guaranteed that the next Class with be a Mail-using, Ranged/Caster-capable Class, so I can certainly understand why Demon Hunter fans are upset.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    As far as the present is concerned? That pretty much is the case. As far as the future is concerned? No, and it's possible Blizzard will introduce the class.

But right now, that's unlikely. Warlocks have been given everything that makes a DH a DH, and Rogues have been given their melee toolkit. There's been a very visible use of DH theme for Warlocks. The DH doesn't really have any niche for it to fill that requires a new standalone class. The game has other themes that can be explored.

No offense, but that argument is totally irrelevant. Who cares where it comes from? The point is they have it.

What you have is one class which has cloth armor, summons and controls demons, uses Shadowfire, Shadowbolt, Curses and Metamorphosis and another which appears to use cloth armor, summons and controls demons, uses Shadowfire, Shadowbolt, Curses and Metamorphosis and also has dual wield and some other melee moves as well.

So....

CAN Blizzard create a standalone DH class with three specs? Yes. It can.
    Has it any reason to do so? No, it doesn't. In fact, its got reasons not to, not least of which are Warlocks.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    So Death Knights don't exist?

Because I sure remember them giving warlocks a signature death knight ability.
    Then you remember incorrectly. Warlock Death Coil and Death Knight Death Coil were two very different a abilities.

Warlock Death Coil was a CD that feared and healed the Warlock.

Death Knight Death Coil is a bolt that damages targets, and heals undead allied targets.

Metamorphosis turns you into a Demon across the board.

The reason next class wont be DH isn't becuase of warlocks but rather them being the 3rd melee class in a row added.

So yeh maybe in the next 4 expansions, cause they add classes every 2 expansions

Then you remember incorrectly. Warlock Death Coil and Death Knight Death Coil were two very different a abilities.

Warlock Death Coil was a CD that feared and healed the Warlock.

Death Knight Death Coil is a bolt that damages targets, and heals undead allied targets.

Metamorphosis turns you into a Demon across the board.

They were the same ability with slightly different uses. Don't even try to deny that.