Poll: On what grounds would you support Item Level Squish?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Question Item Squish Yay Nay?

Would you support an Item lvl squish next expansion?

This has been up for discussion within the community for sometime, and one of the major issues in regards to Item Squish is that the scaling will be more linear which may make soloing older content more difficult.
    But measures can be taken to combat this.

For example, if current content is scaled down by 75%, down to 1/4th original stats, and say level 60 Molten Core is only scaled down by 50%, the raid would get about twice as hard, so an ICC style buff with 100% increase damage, or a 50% nerf to the bosses' damage and hp could be added as compensation.

Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    I now have to find 24 other people to do BT/DS/BWL/ICC and follow mechanics just for pets and mog gear? no ty!
    I have said several times that item squish would not affect the ability to solo old content. That's not the intent. (Source)

In case of an item squish, will relative power of players stay the same in terms of soloing old content?
    Yes. We don't want players to reject the squish for fear of losing the ability to solo old content. (Source)

But can you nerf every player without in anyway effecting soloing low level content? Keep everything the same but the numbers?
    "If player enters old instance, then buff all their stats." (Source)
    Last edited by Sole-Warrior; 2013-07-31 at 10:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes ... it all went bad with TBC and it only got worse. It has to stop
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

I don't understand how people think this is going to make soloing content harder all it is going to do is make the numbers less huge....

Stood in the Fire eldritchforeshadow's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    as long as I get to solo old raids and dungeons then I don't care, item squish away.

I don't understand how people think this is going to make soloing content harder all it is going to do is make the numbers less huge.... if you want to leave over something this dumb then go ahead. Why ppl are getting worked up over this I have no idea.... oh yeah forgot this is WoW people rage at every little thing blizzard does even on things like this that change nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trobgoblin View Post
    I don't understand how people think this is going to make soloing content harder all it is going to do is make the numbers less huge....
    They are not scaling EVERYTHING down evenly though.

All i would imagine is the dump the numbers for instance 50% in general for players items and NPCs and abilities.
    or something like that. I am a big supporter of this and believe it cannot be implemented fast enough!

I'm for the item squish, since

Because the item squish will not be linear, that's why it would affect soloing unless Blizzard made other adjustments in addition to stats, such as modifiers to damage based on level or content.

Deleted
    Item squish = make the gap between item levels smaller ---- To this I say NAY

Item level reduction = Remove a zero (or two) from every number in the game so we still have the exponential gain with the new items --- To this I say YAY

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Continuity View Post
    I'm for the item squish, since

Because the item squish will not be linear, that's why it would affect soloing unless Blizzard made other adjustments in addition to stats, such as modifiers to damage based on level or content.
    Do you know what the word "squish" means? Your quote is wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    I don't understand why people are afraid of big numbers and think a processor computing them is going to put a strain on their computer at this day and ages level of technology. But hey, I guess we all have our own vices, whether or not they are based on idiotic or trivial matters is up to history.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Item squish = make the gap between item levels smaller ---- To this I say NAY
    There are ways to keep the gaps small between items, yet big for older content. It involves modifying damage based on something other than stats alone.

Item level reduction = Remove a zero (or two) from every number in the game so we still have the exponential gain with the new items --- To this I say YAY
    A couple of decimal places will have little long term affect on the actual problem with exponential growth.

yayayayayayayay.
    -Me, 2013

That's a fine idea on paper but it doesn't solve anything, an expansion or two down the road you'd just be faced with the same problem again.

10+ Year Old Account
    My UI already truncates numbers. It's basically like I'm looking at Vanilla HP pools again. My druid's HP looks like 425.6K. There's so much numbers and such flying around in fights that I don't even notice them over the heads anymore.

I'm all for it.

i think it's the perfect opportunity to put in a player scaling/mentoring system - allowing people to run old content at the appropriate level if desired, or to help friends out etc.

numbers are getting ridiculous, i'm in favour of an item/stat squish as long as it's done properly - tbh, it's hard modes that have caused the problem with ilevels scaling out of the park - forgive me if i misunderstand, but doesn't hard mode gear of higher ilvl outweigh the point of hardmodes in the first place? shouldn't there just be exclusive titles, mounts and transmog sets available? or maybe even an extension to tier sets to take them up to 6 or 8 piece set bonuses, rather than a full set of gear that nullifies the next tiers normal mode?

there's too much gear in game now, 1 tier set, 4 different ilvls for SoO... if they squish the stats, the need to sort out the inflation at the same time
    <insert witty signature here>

Deleted
    Yes, itemlevel inflation is getting more and more ridiculous.

They already said that IF they would do it it would not impact our ability to solo old content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not before i get my one million HP.

I updated it for Mists of Pandaria:

I was against it before Ghostcrawler said "If player enters old instance, then buff all their stats.", now I'm totally for it.