Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

New details about Warcraft movie emerge!

Bleeding Cool have some very interesting new details on Duncan Jones' Warcraft. According to them this adaptation will be a "full-blooded fantasy movie", which won't actually be based on the best selling World Of Warcraft, but will be based around the events of the first couple of Warcraft games from mid-90s. But that's not all; they've also uncovered some details on the lead characters. It seems the hero will be a chap named Khadgar, "a young consul to the Kirin Tor senate, rulers of the city of Dalaran." There's also his mentor Medivh, "a mage and the sworn protector of mankind against demonkind". Thn joining them is Lothar, The Lion of Azeroth, leader of the King’s Army. Apparently there's also the unnamed King and his Lady, said to be playing "key supporting roles". They also say that although they don't know any specific Orc characters, there will be lots of them...and we can expect to see dwarves, trolls, elves, revenants and wraiths too. Sounds like a fantasy fan's dream, and with Jones at the helm we have every reason to believe that this will break that video game adap curse. More at the link below.

Source: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/07/...medium=twitter

So what's everyone's opinion this? Are you happy to see that the focus may be set on Khadgar and the alliance in the earlier setting, or were you hoping for something completely different?

ive been suggesting they do a warcraft 2 movie or a warcraft 1 movie and it seems like i was right on the money when i said that if this is true
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i first didn't liked that it was focus on the alliance, but if it's warcraft 1 or/and 2 then is Ok, i really like it that way

I am drake741 and I support this movie.

HFS I hope they don't jack it all up
    "I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." - Frank Sinatra

10+ Year Old Account
    Here a picture of Lorthar and Kadghar together

Note: Kadghar is the guy who lead Shattrash together with Adal

I am reckoner04 and I support this movie.

Story with Khadgar and Medivh? Awesome! I hope we won't get disappointed, I liked both Moon and Source Code though.

Hmm Alliance based and a story we all know. Will still watch it but that news does not instill confidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I really hate to be a naysayer for the sake of naysaying, but a long list of aweful adaptations have my hopes way way low.
    I'm on the same boat, most of the movies that are based on video games are pretty bad, IMO these movie won't be good but won't be bad, will be just... OK

My interest in this movie just plummeted. I will probably still catch it, it just won't be in a theater. Most likely Pirate Bay. I never really was a fan of the Warcraft RTS games, or the names being touted as "main characters".

So sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, they're making a film version of Warcraft 2 and The Last Guardian? That might actually be nice in and of itself, but that storyline is ancient by now, which may lead to a very unexciting viewing process.

No pandas and martial arts? No longer interested!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Johnny Depp as Medivh? Hah, sure why the feck not...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    So, they're making a film version of Warcraft 2 and The Last Guardian? That might actually be nice in and of itself, but that storyline is ancient by now, which may lead to a very unexciting viewing process.
    Considering how few people actually know about that period in lore, it might actually be the best choice they've ever made regarding the movie's script. Sure, everybody knows what happens to the characters years down the line, but that was there's a lot more space to tell an interesting story without having legions of Red Shirt Guys howling and trying to bring down the studio doors for daring to portray Night Elves half an inch shorter than they should be.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Deleted
    That pretty much confirms that this will be the best movie EVER made

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Clearly you never had an interest in WoWs story to begin with, if you dont think that Khadgar/Lothar/Medivh are important -_-
    I never said I didn't think they were important, just that I wasn't really a fan.

There is a lot I enjoy about the Warcraft story, this is just a part that doesn't really interest me at all.

They should have made a movie about Arthas imo.

At least the first step (the direction of the story) was correct.

You really can't make a movie about World of Warcraft without knowing the background stories.

To make a good movie you need to have a excellent villain and the moment you start to make a movie about the time after Warcaft then all of your villains lose there attraction. Hell if they decided to make a movie about Illidan, Arthas or even deathwing you will definitely get a end-product at the level of Mortal Kombat movies.

However by starting from the start you can give the audience a chance to know the story.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Morros View Post
    I never said I didn't think they were important, just that I wasn't really a fan.

There is a lot I enjoy about the Warcraft story, this is just a part that doesn't really interest me at all.

They should have made a movie about Arthas imo.
    And this is my point, you can't make a movie about Arthas without understanding the war against the Orcs and the role the Burning Legion had.
    Last edited by ati87; 2013-07-31 at 04:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    Considering how few people actually know about that period in lore, it might actually be the best choice they've ever made regarding the movie's script. Sure, everybody knows what happens to the characters years down the line, but that was there's a lot more space to tell an interesting story without having legions of Red Shirt Guys howling and trying to bring down the studio doors for daring to portray Night Elves half an inch shorter than they should be.
    You may be right, but for me personally this news is rather less thrilling than the announcement of a new script would have been.

Sounds good to me if the story is that of Warcraft 1 or whatever. Never got to experience that story other than reading about the lore, so wouldn't mind seeing it in movie form. =)

And set on a collision course with Medivh is Lothar, The Lion of Azeroth, leader of the King’s Army. He’s brave but maybe a touch too bold. In a straight down the middle version of the film, this might be the role The “Dwayne Johnson” Rock would go up for
    If this happens then the movie is guarenteed to fail.

Don't really care if the movie fails at this point, i've been playing this game long enough to not miss this opportunity