10+ Year Old Account

Monks (WW/BrM) have been balanced to do comparable dmg with 1H and 2H, can't DKs?

Monks have been balanced such that whether they equip one 2H weapon or dual wield two 1H weapons of the same iLvl and stats they do effectively indistiguishable damage.

For a long time Blizzard has tinkered with DKs (especially Frost) trying to make one 2H ≈ two 1H but always one has been better than the other.

Is not now possible to finally make the choice between one 2H or two 1H arbitrary?

WW 1H and 2H are not balanced. With the same ilvl weapons, 1H does 5-10% more damage than 2H. This is about the same as the gap between 1H and 2H Frost.

15+ Year Old Account
    I at least prefer the option of different gameplay, which in my opinion is a good thing. for T14 2h and dw were pretty darn close to each other so balancing them isn't impossible at all.

i think you're stretching how big the difference is for DKs and minimizing how big the difference is for monks.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    WW 1H and 2H are not balanced. With the same ilvl weapons, 1H does 5-10% more damage than 2H. This is about the same as the gap between 1H and 2H Frost.
    Yep, well said.

You also have to figure out if Blizzard wants dw and 2h to be balanced in the first place. With dw's superior cleave, there are many that believe Blizzard wants dw to be behind 2h single target.

I'm not sure that I believe it, but there is some logic to it. If dw is comparable single target and better at cleave, there really isn't a place for 2h.

You're also talking about a clad with 2 dps trees vs 1. So apples to oranges my friend.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    Thinking blizz will fix dk's was the funny part,we are going to be broken at least until next xpac when i suspect they will completely overhaul our class.
    Here come the Irish.