Question Worth it to resub?

Hello all, I was just wondering if you guys think its worth it to resub. I used to play a pally and a druid from vanilla all the way till the end of wotlk. When Cata came around I finally through in the towel as I just couldn't do another expansion. Cata came and went I did come back for a very short time and level both my toons to 85 but I never played seriously just unsubbed again. My question is to you now, the current players of the game... is it worth I come back? I wanna get back into semi-serious/serious pvp. Whether that be through arena or rBGS even though I never played them in cata... (because I thought from the very start they were going to be failures). Just like to hear some input from you guys, thanks again.

Well, 5,000-15,000~ people are leaving the game every single day if that is any indication.

If you resub, youll have fun learning the new areas, dungeons, etc, but youll crash and burn hard in a month or two.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would suggest that you wait til 5.4 truth be told, but I guess if you really want to do so now, then go for it
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    Well, 5,000-15,000~ people are leaving the game every single day if that is any indication.

If you resub, youll have fun learning the new areas, dungeons, etc, but youll crash and burn hard in a month or two.
    I figured that to be the case but you know how everyone has the glimmer of hope left in them... Im guessing pvp is still disregarded by the devs?

If you're intending to play Druid, you'll be in a good spot on day one. Every Druid spec is PvP viable.

If you have friends to play on it might be worth it. Otherwise wait until patch 5.4 and see what happens. With virtual realms that should fix a lot of the problems currently in PvP, you'll be able to find people to play with far more often once virtual realms are out, which will be a huge plus. If you play on a high pop server (Tichondrius Horde US for example) then resubbing now is probably a good idea that way you can farm up the full set for next patch. If you start up in 5.4 then you'll be behind on gear, which will suck for PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody can really answer this for you. My advice is that this game hasn't really changed and won't really change in 5.4. After reading your post, it seems as if you've moved on from this game. I think if you came back, you would get to 90 and quit like you did before. It's a waste of money, resources and time.

If you're completely unsure as to what to do, watch some loser stream wow and see how it is. Or you can play the trial version up to 20 to get a "feel" for the game. Again, nobody can answer this for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Best game.. of all time

- - - Updated - - -

come back! Pvp is awesome

Im looking to resub as well, mainly for the pvp.

the game gets better with every patch and expansion, probably the best game ever

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzfanboy98 View Post
    the game gets better with every patch and expansion, probably the best game ever
    If you say so.

Reminds me of the biodrones just before swtor went to the shithouse.
    Last edited by mmoc1e03db41d6; 2013-08-01 at 06:56 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, nice to meet you, blizzfanboy98 aka troll

infracted
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-08-01 at 09:59 AM.

Deleted
    PVP is fun.. but expect alot of FOTM players.. i'm starting to only meet disc+dk/bm/ele/feral teams and sometimes you can feel so powerless.. especially when they nerf your class for a not even high hitting chaos bolt at the start of the season but let other, even more op classes roam the whole season..

As said above me, alot of players are FOTM - including myself. But I have a blast playing my feral druid atm, mostly in pvp but also in pve. But it's not like you cant play anything other than FOTM classes, just requires more practise and skill to be just as succesful.

But without any friends to play with, i'd say you've wasting money resubbing again. They are the only reason why I still play.

Thanks fellas, I appreciate all your input, I think I am gonna go ahead and resub just to see how the game is because I'm curious. But getting looped back into playing 24/7 again and becoming a turbo nerd again? I dont think thats going to happen, the game just doesnt seem to be as good as it was before. Then again, who knows... Dont judge a book by its cover I suppose? (or by the forum troll on the wow forums... AmIRight?) But thanks again

It's just 15 bucks. Try it out, see if you have fun and make a decision based on that. I stopped last month because i don't have time, but i'm planning on getting back by Dec when business slows down.

It really depends on what makes your rage honestly.

Wotlk = random burst

Bc = random cc but burst wasn't that retarded till legendaries.

Cata = mages are the only reason I will never play this exp again.

Mop = nobody cast but rng happens less. Elemental Shamans need to be looked at thou.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    pvp right now consists of tunnel cc on the healer until you kill a dps. its annoying.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    If you ask me, no. Simply because I'm bored with this game quite frankly having been imbalanced forever and it will never get better. Which is being proven by the huge disbalances at the start of each expansion.

Besides that this expansion a lot of classes can pretty much pop their offensive CD's and one shot you. CC chains last forever(you are CC'ed more then you actually get to play). That is neither fun nor interesting game play if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Would suggest that you wait til 5.4 truth be told, but I guess if you really want to do so now, then go for it
    I'd disagree, you can join now, see the 5.2-5.3 content while it's still current and then join 5.4 with the pack!