Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The top healers in arena in order. The list for 5.3.

What are the best healers for arena in 5.3 in order. Example: shaman>druid>paladin etc.

Disc Priest >>>>>>>> Druid >>>>>Shaman>Monk>>>>>Paladin

Disc>Druid>Monk>Shammy>Holy priest>pally

Deleted
    disc>druid>shaman>monk>holy priest>pala

Wow. How the mighty have fallen (Hpal).
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Check again. Typos happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    Not in my world they don'r.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think it depends on what you are playing against.

I play both Arms Warrior and Frost Mage in Arena. Resto Shamans and Mistweaver Monks are by far more difficult to kill for me than Disc Priests and Resto Druids.

Normally I queue with a Disc Priest on both characters, which means it's (mostly) only me doing the damage.

priest> druid> shaman > paladin > monk

Quote Originally Posted by Biggety View Post
    Disc Priest >>>>>>>> Druid >>>>>Shaman>Monk>>>>>Paladin

As a pally main it hurts me to say QFT

Pally is the worst, but having hit 2200 multiple times this season on an hpal, I can safely say that they aren't as bad as everyone thinks.
    Disc>Rdruid>Rsham>Monk>Hpal

Pretty much what everyone else has said: Disc>Rdruid>Rsham = Monk>Hpal

Hpal can still work with melee + hunter but that's about it
    My personal experience is that monks are the most annoying to kill when playing a melee

10+ Year Old Account
    disc priests are also the most fun to play in arena.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro1990 View Post
    Pretty much what everyone else has said: Disc>Rdruid>Rsham = Monk>Hpal

Hpal can still work with melee + hunter but that's about it
    My personal experience is that monks are the most annoying to kill when playing a melee
    Indeed. Bubble of invulnerability, Globes of immortality, Antistun of you-never-hit-me-again, Getaways of parkourism.

Hate them on my warrior

Holy pallies are a joke atm compared to other healers. I only switch to HP for faster heroic queues. Ret> Holy. Never thought the day would come

is Disc really all that? When I watch Cdew or Sodah(not the lame alliance one) playing their Priests they are Holy.

15+ Year Old Account
    How are holy priest in the mix?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    is Disc really all that? When I watch Cdew or Sodah(not the lame alliance one) playing their Priests they are Holy.
    I think disc is stronger for general burst prevention and has its skilless spiritshell zerg openers going for it, but otherwise holy actually seems better. Holy handles spread pressure better, it has an arguably stronger defensive cooldown in gs, it has an extra cc, and seems like it actually relies on casting less than disc does. The comments putting hpriests just ahead of hpala are misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    How are holy priest in the mix?
    Between Disc and Resto in pretty much everyones list. Obviously it depends on comp, but in general:

Disc = Holy > Resto Druid > Resto Shaman > Monk = Hpala

The funny thing is that apart from a very few select comps Priest is just better for every situation. Shamans and Druids are really only taken if there is a Shadow Priest or it's Ele/caster/RDruid. I don't ever see Monks in Arena although apparently they can work (not well) and the only Paladins I've queued into are playing Junglecleave, which is better off with any of the other healers (apart from rdruid - they dont cleave well).
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-08-02 at 02:39 AM.

For 3s, I honestly disagree with everyone saying that disc priest is the strongest healer. I think Resto druid is nr. 1 because they have more throughput (a lot more) and are better healing against spread damage. Not saying priest are bad, they are definitely a lot better than the other healers, but don't underestimate Rdruid. Cyclone is also still one of the best CC's in the game, if not the best.

For me the order is: Rdruid > Disc >> Shaman >>> Monk >> Paladin

Shaman for me is also not in such a bad spot, they suck vs cleaves yeah but with a resilience set against cleaves they remain strong. They are also still one of the better healer versus caster orientated comps and definitely not as bad as people make them out to be. For instance, the strongest comp in the game right now, is in my opinion FPS (feral/Spriest/Shaman) because of the insane survivability combined with huge damage, triple healer combo, ...

Monks work in my opinion only in caster comps, limiting them quite much. They are also so susceptible to getting CC'd despite having two trinkets, but their throughput is good and good monks are not as mana inefficient as people make them out to be.

Last we have the paladin, definitely a weak healer this tier but viable in Feral comps.

<3 for Shyama for this signature!

I like holy priest better for 2s, the 5 seconds chacka let you switch and help with damage. Also POM + Holy word serenity crit (set bonus) will nearly top someone.

Pala is still the best healer for kitty cleave.

10+ Year Old Account
    disc/holy > druid >>>> rest