Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The fight looks horribly boring

It seems worse than madness at least in normal

The normal phases just have more adds and belial phase are exactly the same except the maps

Looking at the normal mode of the encounter it does look a bit boring and simplistic for the last boss of the expansion. It just seems like phase 1: he has some abilities, phase 2: okay he has the same abilities but they do slightly more now! Phase 3: the same abilities but they do a bit more.

Looking forward to seeing the heroic rendition

I did it on PTR and it felt really boring. It's pretty much solo healable at the moment. Damage needs to go up a lot. Other than that though it seems somewhat fun. Tank damage is high because for some reason Garrosh caps a tank's vengeance at the start of the fight. Not sure if intended or bug. The realms could do with something more, like pulsing AoE damage or something.
    Last edited by Floopa; 2013-08-01 at 11:31 AM.

Ok I looked at the kill time and it took 13 minutes of doing basically same thing over and over again.

Again seem really long and boring and horrible fight

It's normal mode so i'm not that surprised it's fairly simple but oh boy damage needs to go up substantially else healers are basically falling asleep. We were 2 healing and i had 80% overheal almost.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    It's normal mode so i'm not that surprised it's fairly simple but oh boy damage needs to go up substantially else healers are basically falling asleep. We were 2 healing and i had 80% overheal almost.
    Honestly I think it's ok. For a guild like Method, normal mode should be fine, but for the people not in the 10% of raiders, this will be a challenge. Just wait for heroic and we shall have our day. I guarantee that last phase is going to be intense.

Otherwise, loading screens need to fucking go. I mean really?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noqr View Post
    It's guarunteed. There is no information about it currently nor will there be testing because Blizzard is keeping it secret, and it will hopefully be amazing.
    That logic. Not every single end-tier boss has a "secret last phase" so, bring up some evidence instead of assuming stuff.

Like someone said on twitch yesterday.

"Hey we need something cool.
    Ok lets revisit all the Sha touched places and make Garrosh smash the floor like a tard"

Yep, awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Otherwise, loading screens need to fucking go. I mean really?
    that was one of the fundamental things with wow, you could go zone to zone with no load screen. Only times are cross continent & into an instance.

Mid battle load screens are RIDICULOUS and poor form.
    Hi

I'm sure the loading screens are there because they haven't finished the fight completely yet. There are many fights previously that teleport to completely different areas, yogg for example, with no loading screens.

Phase 1 just looks undertuned, 145k effective health is nothing and will be easily bursted, making the phase more of a "zerg" than anything else.

Phases 2 and 3 honestly seem fine, the fight just looks to me like a big endurance check. Where also falling even a little behind in the transition (loading screen) phases quickly cascades into a clusterfuck followed by wipe due to how his energy mechanic works. The entire fight overall just looks like a massive gear check (in Phase 3 it seems you really cannot handle the mechanics for very long, he puts Defiled weapons down that cannot be removed and you just have to burn before you're out of space).

Heroic looks interesting, if there's no heroic only mechanics though the only real thing "heroic" will just be an insane health pool which will make the fight difficult (very) for world first raiders, but unfortunately like spine/madness will just be completely trivialized by gear.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Phase 1 just looks undertuned, 145k effective health is nothing and will be easily bursted, making the phase more of a "zerg" than anything else.

Phases 2 and 3 honestly seem fine, the fight just looks to me like a big endurance check. Where also falling even a little behind in the transition (loading screen) phases quickly cascades into a clusterfuck followed by wipe due to how his energy mechanic works. The entire fight overall just looks like a massive gear check (in Phase 3 it seems you really cannot handle the mechanics for very long, he puts Defiled weapons down that cannot be removed and you just have to burn before you're out of space).

Heroic looks interesting, if there's no heroic only mechanics though the only real thing "heroic" will just be an insane health pool which will make the fight difficult (very) for world first raiders, but unfortunately like spine/madness will just be completely trivialized by gear.
    Phase 1 is suppose to be a burn phase, it shows him in his weakest form with no corruption. I think it's by design, they kinda went DBZ on this encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    that was one of the fundamental things with wow, you could go zone to zone with no load screen. Only times are cross continent & into an instance.

Mid battle load screens are RIDICULOUS and poor form.
    I didn't try the encounter (but did watch it multiple times) is it possible that the places you are being teleported to are already in-game, outside of the instance, as in on different continents as well?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post

See, as a dev, I wouldn't update the DJ to include heroic changes until the first week heroic opened. The patch would be small enough to make it not be a huge hassle to do so either.

i sure hope more from the heroic version of this fight, normal felt like a big disappointment.

Deleted
    What ilvl was the fight tested with?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    What ilvl was the fight tested with?
    The testing was done in 550 ilvl.

sorry for the people that liked it but the fight is really boring

so much they could add to it but .... it feels like a 5 man boss where you just aoe everything down

oh welll lets see heroic....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    I'm sure the loading screens are there because they haven't finished the fight completely yet. There are many fights previously that teleport to completely different areas, yogg for example, with no loading screens.
    That was different.
    Yogg's brain was just under the room (I'm sure that if you /target Brain of Yogg-Saron while not being in the Brain Room you can really target him), so you didn't need loading screens.

Remember LK hm ? When you were ported into Frostmourne you had a loading screen. That was because the location of Frostmourne room was too far away to get ported there without the need of a loading screen. I'm 99,9% sure that it's the same this time. (and I'm pretty sure that you also have a loading screen when Sha of Fear ports you to the Dread Expanse too, because it's too far from where you are. The same goes for C'Thun)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Normal fights are never meant to be epic, they are meant to be killable, I'm pretty sure it will be insane on heroic.
    Oh come on, didn't you learn anything from madness?
    Normal looked boring as hell, people said the same stuff you said, remember how much more "epic" it was on hc?
    You don't? Well thats because it wasn't.

The normal mode mechanics are always the basic concept of a fight, the skeleton if you want.
    If the basics are already bland, hc won't be super epic awesome sauce, it will be bland with some more damage and most likely more adds strapped on it.

So far Garrosh doesn't really look that appealing.
    Will be lots of fun due to high aoe deeps, but thats it really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Yeah, lets scale it so that the only ones who can beat normal mode Garrosh is Method and Paragon. The rest of us will patiently wait until next expansion and farm LFR meanwhile