Poll: Will you run flex mode alongside heroic mode every week?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will have to, but it is 100% against my will.

They keep putting stupid trinkets in the game.

Deleted
    Since my guild is always more than 10man, but not enough for 25man as guild master I get involved in the decision on who is going to sit out and I always feel guilty for not be able to get everyone in a raid. So yes, my guild will definitely run flex raiding with the players who are on bench or those who we are helping to learn how to raid. At the same time we like progression, so heroic ones will be done too with our main group. I believe this is one of the changes that Blizz has finally got right and I hope they don't screw it up somehow.

going to be doing both till I get tier bonuses and trinkets... then cut off lfr, then cont flex raiding till my lfr tier or trinkets get upgraded , then cut flex once I have my tier and trinks non lfr versions... and while im doing lfr and flex ill be hating it and getting burned out
    I rather tank in hell then dps in heaven

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Will you be doing flex modes alongside heroic mode every week? Also do you do lfr current, and if so, will you continue to do so in 5.4?
    first - link your guild and char in top 5 to prove your claim to be a hc progression raider
    second - ofc will top 5 guilds use lfr AND flex at the start like every lookout was used in wotlk thus making this post an invalid one...

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to stay competitive on your Realm, You'll have to do Flex Mode Runs to grab more gear for you. I mean, if your set bonus are completely OP or to have another chance to put your hands on some X or Y Trinket, you'll have to do them.

When the race ends, I doubt I'll keep doing it on my main. I'll do it mainly on my Alts thou.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Will you be doing flex modes alongside heroic mode every week? Also do you do lfr current, and if so, will you continue to do so in 5.4?
    I'm looking to replace LFR with the new Flexible raid mode. It's the alternative I am looking for, to help me get back into progressive raiding, since my server is completely and utterly lonesome. Being a "burnout" player (from the end of Wrath to present), I think this is the chance I've been looking for, that will help me organize my situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Only if we get shit luck with tier bonuses or OP trinkets. We'll probably do it once for achieves when it's all open, but I doubt it'll be a regular thing.
    Pretty much this

Last week I joined the oceanic #1 25man, I guess i'm doing lfr and flex now fml

Gonna be running it for initial gear fill in and achievement runs later on.

Deleted
    My guild will be doing it. We're splitting into 2 groups the first 2 weeks at least, so that our mains have the biggest chance at getting upgrades. The remaining slots is filled with our alts or maybe a social. And ofc we have to do Flex mode, cause the Tier tokens and the trinkets are just way too good and not getting those items will gimp us in terms of progression.

But it'll be Normal/Heroic>Flex>LFR. Hopefully we get most of what we need from Normal/Heroic and Flex, so that we don't have to do LFR /cry.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    But it'll be Normal/Heroic>Flex>LFR. Hopefully we get most of what we need from Normal/Heroic and Flex, so that we don't have to do LFR /cry.
    doing the same exact raid 2-3 times a week..........and we wonder why people get bored or burned out
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    doing the same exact raid 2-3 times a week..........and we wonder why people get bored or burned out
    Oh but I'm not burned out you see, none of our raiders are. We love to raid, we love progression and we'll do what it takes. Ofc it's not as much fun atm, as when a new Tier is out. We're clearing 13/13 in one night, then several of us do like 3 alt runs - one being semi Heroic. We also PTR test some. If we wanted, we could have just dropped the alt runs and raid one night per week for a few months, while waiting for the new Tier. But we like playing our alts, we like raiding together and we all know that as a 10 man guild, having geared alts will give us an advantage in the next Tier.

So don't you worry about us burning out

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So don't you worry about us burning out
    and for a player like me...doing a 'raid' beyond the established normal/heroic stops being something to look forward to but the exact opposite.
    Instead of excitment its more like 'aw shit, flex mode...lets get this shit over with..'
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterAsc View Post
    Last week I joined the oceanic #1 25man, I guess i'm doing lfr and flex now fml
    Still probably better than raiding with Ajantis

If there is some overpowered trinket/set bonus it might be worth doing flex, but I highly doubt it, the chances of getting the trinket will be less beneficial than spending time doing heroic progression with my guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    and for a player like me...doing a 'raid' beyond the established normal/heroic stops being something to look forward to but the exact opposite.
    Instead of excitment its more like 'aw shit, flex mode...lets get this shit over with..'

Yeah I get what you mean. I think Flex is a good idea overall but I wish it would share lock out with LFR and if not LFR then with Normal.

flex > lfr

they should share a lockout so lfr can go away forever

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Flex is a good idea overall but I wish it would share lock out with LFR and if not LFR then with Normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by adelerollsinthedeep View Post

they should share a lockout so lfr can go away forever
    Shared lockouts would kill flex before it even started. As it is, you'll find many strong raiders who previously saved their id for their normal/heroic mainraid venture into flex to have fun with friends and to grab the one or the other achievement. (Because that's what people did in WotLk! Raid TotGC with your guild, then go normal mode with friends and some random people.)

Also, removing LFR might be an option for the next expansion - because great overhauls always take place between expansions not during them. For the current expansion though, removing an option would do more harm than good.

That said, I really don't mind the existence of LFR. When a raid is new, I actually enjoy getting some valor points there, just because I can.
    Last edited by Seriss; 2013-08-06 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    Shared lockouts would kill flex before it even started. As it is, you'll find many strong raiders who previously saved their id for their normal/heroic mainraid venture into flex to have fun with friends and to grab the one or the other achievement. (Because that's what people did in WotLk! Raid TotGC with your guild, then go normal mode with friends and some random people.)

Also, removing LFR might be an option for the next expansion - because great overhauls always take place between expansions not during them. For the current expansion though, removing an option would do more harm than good.

That said, I really don't mind the existence of LFR. When a raid is new, I actually enjoy getting some valor points there, just because I can.
    Mostly agree (except for the LFR for valor part, now that H Scen's are available).

WotLK was so famed for PUGs/GDKPs/community because of the ability of the great to mix with the good (or not so good). Allowing us to raid with friends/family/PUGs without personal penalty is great, and will be a welcome addition back to the scene.

It's also great for alts/alt raids, since (for my guild, anyway) we often have trouble fielding more than 7-8 alts for an alt raid, and we kinda shudder at trying to pick up PUGs from tradechat to go do TOT normal. Flex apparently now allows for as few as 8 players, meaning that we can either just go with the 8 we have, or pick up friends from our server/other servers to fill in if needed/available. Win for all.

I personally really hope that Flex takes off, and just flat out replaces LFR. I know that the whole console generation just wants to "turn on, queue up, play quick, and log out", but that mentality is so diametrically opposed to what an MMO should be. I know the genre is changing, due in no small part to things like LFR pushing it in that direction, but I'm in no hurry to see it further bastardized into some lobby-based CoD-with-Dragons game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted

Yeah when thinking about it, having Flex and Normal share ID probably isn't a good idea. Wish Flex had been implemented/invented back when we got LFR, imo it would have been so much better for the game and for the community. Get rid of LFR, it's nothing but trouble.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shared lockouts would kill flex before it even started. As it is, you'll find many strong raiders who previously saved their id for their normal/heroic mainraid venture into flex
    so flex exists so raiders can carry noobs?